1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a particular dimension hopping fic

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Mock Moniker, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

Edit: I'll also take any dimension hopping fic recommendations. I made a thread a long time ago https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=19176 and I've poured over most of the stuff mentioned in there. Hopefully there are new fics that have come out since then that I have missed.

Alright, my memory on this one is sort of fuzzy.

Basically, for some reason Harry gets sent to a new universe (maybe he died in his original one). He takes over the body of the Harry Potter who is there. The thing is, the "Harry" that he takes over was retarded or something- it had something to do with some magical disease. Maybe he got a really bad case of dragon pox that left him brain damaged or something.

He doesn't instantly take over- there's some transition period where sometimes our Harry is in control of the body and sometimes the AUHarry is in control, but after a brief time our Harry wins, and the old Harry is completely gone.

Lily and James are both alive, and they find the sudden recovery of their son strange. They find a hidden diary written by our Harry (with some brief bits written by the AUHarry in writin lik dis cuz he is dum), where Harry basically reveals that he's a dimension traveler and that their real son is now dead. They think he might have some mental health problems (split personality/hallucinated memories) left over from whatever magical disease he had, but they get him checked out and he's fine. So they realize their son is gone and Harry really is a dimension traveler. Harry doesn't know that they know and he feels guilty about usurping their love and affection while their real son has 'died' because of him.

That's about all I remember. AUHarry wasn't able to attend Hogwarts, but since he appeared to become miraculously cured they start to send him.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The other one that sounds similar, is Awaken Sleeper, by watermage. That's a DF xover though.

4. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

Thats it. Pity it hasn't updated since I last read it.

---------- Post automerged at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

I'm still on the lookout for new good time/dimension travel fics, btw.

Here's one I just found that's decent: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5396819/1/Time-Warp

Basically, Harry wakes up as a 10 year old with all his memories. Blah blah blah - only it turns out Draco is in the exact same situation (though he doesn't want to change anything). Don't worry- it's not slash, and Harry and Draco don't suddenly become friends or anything.

It doesn't take itself too seriously. It's not great, but it's not bad either. I'm probably going to post it in Almost Recommendable.

5. Rache

Rache Headmaster

It's a Ginny pairing, is it not? Half the stories of this genre would be so much better if Molly and Arthur stopped with their 6th kid.

---------- Post automerged at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Still, the story is funny enough for a read once.

Good find.