1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for a specific naruto fic

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by chrnno, Nov 17, 2013.

1. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

For some reason the past few days had fic I read a long time ago repeatedly coming up to mind and all efforts to find it were for naught(which given the previous times things like that happened it is probably in my face and I missed it everytime) so asking here. Considering the shit I used to read(and some I still follow) I have no clue if it was actually good so beware.

What I remember about it is basically this(and huge spoilers unfortunately):

Bijuu weren't really self aware but in essence the ID of their hosts. They were also created by a race beings which for some reason or another couldn't really move that well so used them to wage wars between different groups and so on.

The Shinigami was one of these beings who figured out how to move beyond the immobile thingy but in the process also cut his own source of powers so had to search for alternative methods of survival.

Which brings up to the last point I recall clearly which was when Minato summoned the Shinigami to deal with Kyuubi it wasn't actually capable of doing that(filled itself to the brim IIRC) and it couldn't renege on any deals it made so it cheated by regressing Minato in time until he was baby and sealing the Kyuubi inside of him(or reversed, no idea about the order). This baby is found and given the name of Uzumaki Naruto, not sure at what point we are given even clues of that though.

Anyone has any idea what the hell I am talking about?

Thanks for the time reading. Also I will be really embarrassed if this was a fic from here.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. The DarIm

The DarIm Groundskeeper

It's the Rogue Fox by Axenome. Hasn't been updated in ages and recently the Author has declared it discontinued. It was a nice fic though, despite it being somewhat cliched.

3. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

Thank you. I passed that one a few times didn't recall it being discontinued so figured was looking for an incomplete one.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013