1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for quality spiderman fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Bloodknight, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Bloodknight

Bloodknight Disappeared

I have already read variant strain and I am looking for quality spiderman it dosen't have to be like variant strain links much appreciated. ( Sorry if bad quality posting from phone)

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I've heard good things about these two, but I haven't read either of them myself. No promises.

Link this Variant Strain you speak of? I could google it, but it's good form on the forum to try and provide something like that. Granted you did say you were on your phone, and that doesn't help.

3. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I'm on my phone so can't link, but if you look in DLPs library there's a few Spider-Man fics.

Polarity is the best I've read, better than variant strain, with the N.B that it's about the Shocker and pals, not spidey.

4. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Here's a link, on the off-chance you haven't simply googled it sometime in the past few hours. It's a crossover between Spiderman and Prototype, with most of Peter's traditional villains appearing as viral monstrosities of one type or another. There's a lot of body horror and an... interesting dynamic between Peter and Mary Jane; I'd say it's a solid 4/5.

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Just a Face On a Train

It's not an action story, it's set in the Raimi trilogy. A few months after Spider-Man 2, Peter runs into one of the people who saw him in the train. It doesn't have any epic fights or anything, but I still like it. It's a nice look into how Spider-Man affects the ordinary people he runs into in the course of his heroics.

Edit: Have to say I'm not a fan of Unnoticeable. The writing style seems very odd, descriptions are added where they aren't needed and moved out of place elsewhere. The character voices are also not quite there - they seem more like exaggerations of the movie characters than the real thing. I got as far as Fury refusing Spider-Man a place on the Avengers with a ridiculously flimsy excuse and dropped it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015