1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Lost Soul by LD 1449 - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Potterondrugs, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Potterondrugs

Potterondrugs Seventh Year

Title: Lost Soul
    Author: LD 1449
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms
    Pairings: Naruto/Temari
    Chapters: 117
    Words: 586,123
    Updated: June 8, 2012
    Published: March 8, 2007

Summary: The eve after Kyuubi's attack, Konoha is low on strength. The council agrees to turn Naruto into a living weapon. But years later, after Sarutobi's death, will Konoha's weapon continue to defend it or will he poise his blade to slit it's throat.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3430516/1/Lost_soul

One of my favorite naruto fics. It has been going on for three years with very steady updates and there is still a ton of room in the plot for it to continue and grow :awesome
    It's a Au universe where Naruto has been trained to be a weapon for Konoha since berth, after Orichimaru's attack on the city left Sarutobi fatally wounded he made Naruto promise him to do his best to bring about peace in the world. Naruto then proceeds to conquer, Alexander style, leading a revolution in hopes that he will controll the whole world which would bring about the end of shinobi war.

Checked by Minion, July. 28, 2016

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2016
  2. ReverseSide

ReverseSide Slug Club Member

Wow.

This story is pretty bad. There are so many things I detest about it. So. Many. Things.

Essentially, it's got a B-movie plot that has horrible, cardboard OCs, bad fight scenes, unsubtle foreshadowing, clumsy dialogue and an incredibly shitty Naruto. Whose is in ANBU, and has the codename... Kitsune. The plot (did I mention this yet?) itself is a rambling mess. Everyone is OOC.

The goddamn summary itself has grammatical problems... that says a lot about this fic.

Your review also has a lot of errors. I'd hope that a three-year member of DLP would've learned to clean up his posts by now.

2/5 because it could have been worse.

3. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

I love all of LD's works.

Except for this. I honestly can't think of a single reason like it.

4. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Meh, this story is about 3 years old so you could overlook the cliches a bit. As i recall it has been a pretty interesting AU from when it was published till now with steady updates and improvements.

I personally have no problem with some OOCness because lets face it the canon Naruto is just plain shit. The only downfall is his flair for dramatics ("plot twists" that are so damn obvious) and how he never seems to conclude sub-plots.

TL;DR AU, Drama, Naruto conquering the world = Awesome, long as fuck 471k words.

4/5.

5. FantasyDuck

FantasyDuck Second Year

I used to love this story when I first read it about a year ago. However, with the last few chapters the update rate has been slowing down and, what's worse, the quality of the chapters has dropped drastically. Originally I found this story, because I was looking for a decent Naruto/Temari fic, but after nearly 500k words there isn't so much as a hint of that happening. It's a bit frustrating.

So, what once was a solid 4 has dropped to 3, because most of the story is still pretty :awesome . Even SuperPowerful!Naruto can be entertaining and well worth of a read.

Also, I honestly thought that this fic had been posted twice before already, but I can't seem to find the original thread so maybe that's just me.

6. Potterondrugs

Potterondrugs Seventh Year

I think the temari thing was supposed to be developed a while ago but the author kind of shyed away form it. While the updates have slowed down I really enjoyed the concept and initial execution of the plot so I think it derserves a read.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure Sera has given up on all his older fics and is focusing exclusively on Stain (remake of Nine Tailed Serpent). He also pretty much hates all his older stuff too, from what I've heard.

EDIT: Okay I was completely wrong on that, it's the HP fics that Sera hates >_>.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  8. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I like this story. I've been following it for years now and though it isn't great or spectacularly well written, I find it readable and interesting. I'm not sure I would be up for a complete reread of it, but I still read every update. It's still entertaining and I'm a fan of the original premise of the story.

Update rate and quality, as FantasyDuck said, seem to have dropped a bit recently (mostly update rate). I think the author would be best off trying to wrap the story up before it gets any longer/convoluted.

Still my favorite work my LD and I would recommend it as a good read if you're willing to put up with some grammatical errors and suspension of disbelief. 3.5/5 for me.

9. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

This story is alright, especially when it first came out. Now, it's a guilty pleasure at best. Both quality and update rate has dropped and I've given up on reading this the moment he came up with some screwed up OC that apparently shared the Kyuubi's powers.

2.5/5 bumped to a 3 for nostalgia's sake.

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Why am I even being talked about in this thread? This isn't my fic (thank God...).

11. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Subject format is wrong. Could you fix it?

Edit: Awesome, thank you.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  12. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

You're being mentioned because the author's pen name is fairly similar to your's.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah, fuck. My mistake.

14. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This is definately one of the better Naruto fics. Cliches can be looked over because three years ago it would have been considered new. Its a solid 4/5 from me.