1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lucifer

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Peter North, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

You know who's my new favorite character? Ella. She's just so likable and it looks like she gets along with Lucifer splendidly.

[​IMG]

2. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Not going to lie. Her role on Dexter warmed me up to her as soon as she appeared on Lucifer.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm starting to get a bit sick of the 'will Chloe find out or not' schtick. And I'm not enjoying the mother angle that much either. Really hoping for something to change the dynamic a bit.

4. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I can't like her. Not because she's not 'likeable' but because she's so likeable and ordinary and totally open all the time that my 'twist ahoy' sense can't buy it. She's just so intrusive in the scenes she's in that she puts me off.

Chloe's always kinda annoyed me, the fact that they're not willing to actually pursue the essential question of the show till they've reached an arbitary season/episode number.

Amenadiel's got most of my interest for now.

5. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Ella is so bait, she is so gonna turn out to be some big plot twist/point. Not a bad character, but they aren't exactly being subtle about it.

I was really into the first season of Lucifer, it wasn't exactly the pinnacle of television or anything but I was impatient for each new episode. This season really hasn't sucked me in so far, my reaction has been pretty meh. Not sure if its the quality or if my interest has just dropped off.

6. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Damn Lucifer just showed his face to his therapist, that reaction tho.

Also MC's acting is stellar this season. I mean darn it if you can't read his emotions like an open book when he wants you to. There is not that many actors that can pull whole "what I have done" scene without coming too stiff and wooden. He pulled if amazingly.

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    First of all, we finally get to see Mazikeen's true face. I'd thought the showrunners hadn't implemented that. Nice to see.

By the by, Mazikeen and the kid make an excellent pair.

I agree, Lucifer's actor is amazing. He can convey what he is supposed to without overdramatization. Playing 'Unforgiven' on the piano was a great touch.

This episode was great. The best of this season so far. The music worked amazingly with the last scene.

Finally someone knows. Some, however slow, progress. Wonder what Linda will think now.

8. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I was a bit disappointed that the kid doesn't realize that she was looking at Mazakeen's true face, but I was happy that Mazakeen took her reaction so well. I also thought the part where Lucifer stood in front of the woman was probably his most heroic act in the series so far even if it was self serving.

As for Linda I think she'll probably stick with Lucifer even after this revelation. If she doesn't I'll be very disappointed.

9. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I was asking more along the line of her maybe rationalizing it somehow. Makeup or hallucination or 'I don't know what I saw' type of thing, that would bring us back to square one.

10. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I am pretty sure she will take this revelation at face value. If things go the other way and she she does try to rationalize things then it will be a huge blow to this weeks episode and the entire series.

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I don't generally bother watching the next episode previews, but it seemed pretty clear from a line that Linda said to Maze, "How can I be friends with the devil?", that she acknowledged at least part of the reality of the situation(devil). Although, perhaps she hasn't yet gone back through their talks, or she might realize who she was really asking that question of. (Or, maybe she does, and the short clip only had that line anyway:p)

12. Armani

Armani Second Year

I feel like that the last few episode has just been tugging at my heartstrings, though the last scene in the last episode just shocked me. Lucifer never showed his true face to anyone except for the murderers that needed to be punished. I just honestly hope that Lucifer shows that he's actually the devil to Chloe, because it's getting annoying.

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I kinda wish Uriel had been fleshed out a bit more than come and go in one episode. Lucifer's actor is giving a recital but the act just doesn't feel incredibly significant since there was no build-up to Uriel's death.

14. Eyron

Eyron Seventh Year

The lucifer face transition at the end + music + lighting was beautiful

15. Sorrows

Just calling it now, Ella is Azrael.

The minute Uriel said I stole the blade of her when she wasn't paying attention or some shit it all became clear. Her little convo's about god, her position as a forensic tech, her super happy personality. Especially since she looks/acts pretty much like Sandman's Death/Azrael character. Yeah I know they aren't including the Sandman-verse in this reimagining but it is a definite nod, I'm almost tempted to go back through and look for any silver ankh's about her person.

Yeah that last scene was beautifully done. Now I've caught up I really want to see the next part.

The bit where Chloe was reading Coraline to the spawn made me smile.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  16. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

The last scene was amazing. Especially Linda's reaction.

This episodes proves that the show's actors definitely can act if they have something to act.

17. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's also convenient that she's missing the episode directly after an angel is killed. On the other hand, Lucifer was able to spot Uriel and Amenadiel, why not her?

18. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Maze has definitely staked a claim on Trixie now, I feel a little bit of pity for the first person to go after her now. The things Maze will do don't even have words in human language. That Halloween scene was adorable but what got me was the scene towards the end where Chloe found Trixie sleeping on Maze with her holding her which tells you everything you need to know. Trixie has wormed her way into Mazes heart and unspeakable things will happen to anyone that cross her from now on.

19. Sorrows

I'm sure the answer will be that she is Azrael and so can hide from him or whatever, or because Uriel and Amenadiel weren't really trying to hide from Lucifer.

Of course, the real reason will be because it's a narratively satisfying moment that's been slowly set up all season. We all know Ella is gonna turn out to be something or another and they just happened to drop the name of a so far unshown female angel who happens to look pretty close to her comic counterpart?

Also has Trixie been kidnapped yet? If not that is totally gonna happen at some point.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  20. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Wasn't she taken or something in the last episode of the first season?

As for Ella, I wouldn't be surprised if she did turn out to be someone, but I want to see her just be a normal human and demolish the internet's theorizing.