1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

The more you claim not to care, the more I am convinced it's all reverse psychology.

1. This vote I don't care about and don't have reasons for, I'm going to let everyone know repeatedly and over several rounds how much I did not care about it and did not have reasons for it.
    2. I don't care about this game, but I do show up and say how stupid people are when they throw shade at me. I care more about that than solving the game.
    3. I would never kill Cobalt because it's so dumb that I won't bother explaining how it is dumb, just that people are dumb for thinking I would kill Cobalt, because I care so little about making such an argument.
    4. I don't care about the game, so here I am reminding people how much I don't care.

For someone who doesn't care, most of the things you've said this game have done much to give off that impression, but it does not add up in any way, because you care to say it so often and in so many ways.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not getting through the next three rounds but also not likely being lynched today must be pretty demoralizing.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    We got shot by the wolves and the vig the same night so yes.

3. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Vote:Fluff

5. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

I'm mercy ruling this interaction, but my vote is locked.

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Jokes on you, I don't even know what that means.

7. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

It means I can be a real pain in the ass when I set my mind on something. But there is a person behind both monitors, and I'd rather not have that person think I am a total douche when the game is over.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Noooo. Homura-chan!

I feel like I'm getting pocketed now. What do...

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Rez newcomb so we can lynch him again?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also claim VT I guess to get that out of the way.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

We're not popcorning until tomorrow you doofus!

Also, I'm disappointed there wasn't a sayaka kyoko hydra

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    The other weeb hydra decided to go danganronpa instead.

12. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

How often do you guys hydra game on here, out of curiosity?

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

If it was kirigiri and naegi we're fine. Burn everything else.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Don't think we Hydra on dlp.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I was Izuru.
    --- Post automerged ---
    *it was izuru

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote: fluff

We don't hydra or gimmick here, because dlp doesn't allow multi-accounting.

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Shoot, three hours to deadline, haven't made up my mind yet.

Let me review some stuff and think about who the final scum is. Sorry for being half the player Gemma was this game.

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I get Miner's and Fable's votes on me, but fonti's vote on me is pure trash.

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

U wot mate

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

This will be pretty disorganized because I have like, no motivation to make my analysis look pretty when deadline is coming up soon. I'm still sorry, guys - I replaced in a couple days ago and I feel like I forgot how to play the game. I have a couple of ~feelings I want to follow up on but I just don't know the best way to do so.

Reading fluff ISO:

- Not familiar with how he plays as mafia but his early posts aren't great from an objective standpoint. He questions Vaimes and doesn't follow up on it, and he sheeps fonti on Cobalt while providing somewhat generic reasoning. I'd actually like to ask him about his thought process behind that vote - did fluff go, "Why are we killing Cobalt" -> read fonti's reasoning -> he votes Cobalt -> then he rehashes his own reasoning. Not a great look for him.

He also votes Jarizok then last second votes for Newcomb once Jarizok claimed watcher. Would he really go "I'm not voting Newcomb" if he was scumbuddies with him? It's pretty on-the nose.

Then he starts to get more involved in the game thread with engaging with Gemma's progression.

Does he show this level of thought/nuance if he's scum here? Feels like he would have a little more agenda if he is actually scum rather than fight with Gemma then back off, go on Ghouliani?

His later posts show a lack of self-awareness.

So his Day 1 doesn't reflect well on him but his posts get better as Day 2/3 trudge along. The problem is that he's pretty disengaged during Day 1, so I can't really get any strong glimpse into his thought process. I agree with Ghoul here in that he has basically no plan if he's the final scum, but the flip side to this is that his Day 1 is virtually contentless, so. Lots of wine here.

@his fluffiness - Who do you currently think is scum? What do you make of Ghoul's defense of you?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm having serious trouble getting a grip on this game state. I've read the game but not super closely, so every time someone gets floated as a lynch option I have second guesses because nothing fits properly.

fluffiness feels like the "easy" lynch to me. His content level is low and he probably needs to die before lylo for that reason. However, his lack of self-awareness and lack of caring how he is perceived could just mean he's a disengaged townie.

Fable.. I haven't examined him super closely but again he feels like the lynch we want to go for if we don't want to think/put effort into the game. My general notes on him are similar to fluff in that he's projecting this image of not caring about the game/he doesn't want to play anymore which, to me, is like - how do you even win if you're scum here?

fonti is a giant question mark. I know she's present, and that she's playing the game, but I generally have a difficult time nailing down her alignment without a large ISO dive.

I feel like I just want to carry out Gemma's last wishes and sheep her on the PoE because she had a far clearer view of the gamestate than I currently do at present but then I'm just absolving myself of any responsibility WRT this game. As grateful as I am to sub into a winning position as town here, I am not a fan of these game states (one scum, everyone else is town) because they feel like they always go to f3 for me, bleh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I feel like a Fable lynch is the most responsible lynch from a "resolving things scenario" (Gemma telling us to not let Fable survive tomorrow, helps us resolve Ghouliani and forces him to re-evaluate) but I don't know if I will like. Actually win the game off of this lynch.

The things I have that point to him being town are like, the flippant attitude towards most of the gamestate + the fact that Vaimes told him to calm down.

Don't know exactly what to make off of this interaction.

Reading how Newcomb interacts with Fable and like. I feel like if Fable was Newcomb's buddy his interactions with him would be a lot more.. purposeful? If you skim Newcomb's ISO all Newcomb does is like talk about the levels of difficulty reading someone like him and he sort of pushes him to the side. I don't know if he would do that to his third scum buddy. My gut says no.

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Scum is definitely between fonti Ghoul and Fable.

Ghoul's defense of me seems odd from a scum perspective, given that he could have just casually buried me by not defending me and just voting me instead (which I highly doubt people would have blinked at). Additionally, with Zenzao's EoD1 vote not helping Newcomb in anyways, I'm pretty close to just reversing my earlier position and going with town Ghoul.

Fable is the easy "oh they don't care they're scum" read which I'm always wary of (duh).

fonti has been creeping down my townlist and up my scumlist due a lot due to her opportunism and some issues from Day1.

So actually I'm tending towards fonti being scum here.