1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

I read a guy with 5 posts town on a Day Five where they had not posted. To do this, I dug up one of their scum games from 6 years prior. They did not play often. In that game, the mafioso in question made a lot of moves and had a lot more to say to push people one way or the other.

His town game was one liners and a vote. Usually just a vote.

And no one gave a damn enough to even try to look at him for alignment. They just shrugged and said we have to lynch him because we cannot read him.

He was town. I was too. And we lost on that lynch.

I stopped playing after that.

I read a second game just to get a handle on Fluff's alignment here. My perspective on Fluff is because I care about this game not being dragged out and we always win if he is town and does not lynch.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I spent all of 20 minutes determining the guy's alignment and presented my evidence in thread. It moved no one.

People are impossible to read if you never make the attempt at all.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fonti gave me the suggested game to analyze Fluff off of here. I did not agree with her conclusions or her analysis but it was there.
    --- Post automerged ---
    First automerge refers to the first guy from elsewhere. I spent a lot more time on Fluff here, but I feel the differences are about as large, if you look.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Ugh. I was thinking it made sense that fluff would swap back at the last possible moment on d1 with the Newcomb vote because he wanted to make absolutely certain that Jari wasn't getting lynched before that, but like... that quote by Vaimes has me second guessing everything.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, not sure how important it is but fluff's vote on Newcomb did not count on d1.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If fonti is scum here she's played far far worse than I would expect from scum!fonti.

3. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

Spend 15 minutes reading just fluff's posts in the WoW game in order. Use ctrl + f and go chronologically.

His partner is distanced from and bussed. Much of his content involves distancing tactics. Maybe half of it is mafia moves, when you know who his partner is. At least until he does not have one anymore.

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

But does town fonti just continually go with the flow, vote for whoever is most likely to be lynched and just generally try and be inoffensive as possible?

5. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

If you guys have your suspects down to just Fable and Fonti now, you realize what world I have been living in all day.

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Gonna read Jarizok's game myself to see what meta comparisons I can get out of fluff. Will try to cast my vote in the next 15 minutes or so.

7. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

partner was lulz.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vote fontisian

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Took a look at fluff's Mountainous Game and the Jarizok game. Main thing I notice with his scum game is that he had a very particular plan on how to treat his scumbuddy and bussed him after he pushed hard for a lynch on You. Things I notice from his town game is that he is inaccurate and doesn't have a close-knit agenda.

Town core: Me, Miner, dC, fluff

PoE: Fable, fonti, Ghouliani

@Sooh can we get a vote count?

Fine with lynching any of the three purely due to PoE purposes.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Oh, fuck off.

I'm at work, I wont be able to catch up before eod.

I'm not lynching Fable. Ghoul is trying.

This is absolute bullshit from fluff. He knows that I know voting him here would tick off Ghoul. And his initial reaction to my vote betrays how much he actually cares about not being lynched.

I'm out. If you wanted to talk, you should have done it before eod.

11. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Vote count:

Fable (1): Ghouliani,

Fonti (1): Fluff,

Fluff (3): Miner, Fable, Fonti,

Not voting (2): Prophylaxis, dC,

With 7 alive it takes 6 to hard lynch.

[​IMG]

12. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@Miner @dichotomousCreator What do you guys think about my PoE and my #2059? Really need a rock here because I am very lost when it comes to this gamestate.

13. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

That's the POE that wins, so one last call on Fable switches from me.

Takers?

14. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

To be clear, if you lynch me, my legacy is not to lynch Fable. Lynch Ghoul and fluff.

Good luck, or whatever.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Ghoul, do you mind being first on the chopping block WRT the PoE?

16. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

Yes. We win if you reverse the order. We win if you do not, but it's annoying.

17. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

The two specific Fable interactions fonti pointed out are kind of swaying me a little bit (Vaimes butting in on Fable/dC's fight, and this)

I recognize I am being very unhelpful but I'm trying to make the most sense out of all of this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wow I'm like completely paralyzed here.

Meh.

Vote Fable

Thing that's swaying me in the end is that I'm taking a look at all of Vaimes's posts and he has difficulty interacting with his buddies. He just said "Newcomb is town for bad reasons" and "I really like Newcomb's posting on this page (11 in 100ppp)". He barely mentions Fable except to point out "Think that Fable getting misinterpreted a lot is +town for redacted reasons and I like that font pointed it out." which sounds like sort of the sideline read you can give a buddy.

18. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

That is where I am at with Fable. Just help me on this.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Like, there's Vaimes butting in on Fable/dC but.. eh. Nothing else makes sense.

If the game doesn't end and I'm around in f5, I will do the legwork. Just.. not right now.

20. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

Noting Fonti is not reversing and voting for Fable here, with like three minutes left.

That's ballsy as hell.