1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect 3 General

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Iztiak, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm no expert, but doesn't 'Mass Effect' refer to the process of altering the mass of objects -space ships, for example - to achieve a certain effect?

FTL travel, for instance.

Were the Protheans -or whoever that tech came from- limited to that galaxy?

2. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

I want total freedom, like in TES:Morrowind. Even if it screws up the main storyline.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

That would be fabulous, but it will never happen - Bioware doesn't have the balls.

The tech long predates the Protheans - and actually, a couple notable pieces of fanfiction pounced on the fact that Reapers apparently are outside the galaxy between harvests. They figured they weren't just hanging out there, but going around reaping other galaxies.

Leviathan blew that out of the water, but is best ignored anyways.

4. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

Ahem.

The Protheans were not the first. They did not create the Citadel. They did not forge the Mass Relays.

They merely found them.

The legacy of my kind.

Bioware gloriously fucked pretty much the entire plot up in ME3, but whatever.

5. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

I'll eat a shoe if they don't find some way to drag Shepard into it.

This. There's almost nowhere to go and nothing they could do for 4 that wouldn't be a step down from 3, because they answered all the questions, showed us everything, and the overarching bad guys of the entire universe were wiped out as a threat.

As haphazard and halfassed as it was, they tied up every single string with Mass Effect 3 in one way or another.

They won't make a game about political intrigue or some small non-Reaper War. They don't have the balls. Not anymore. The only thing they'll see themselves as being able to do is if they raise the stakes again. We'll probably be fighting the people who made the Reapers next time. Or some foreign Yuuzhan Vong equivalent species that is somehow more badass than the Reapers were.

They can only either be classy or jump the shark. And they aren't going to be classy.

6. pidl

pidl Groundskeeper

So we'll be fighting the Leviathans then?

7. Lord Raine

Basically yes. Either the Leviathans or something like the Yahg, some ridiculously overpowered evil Mary Sue species that does the galactic conquest version of a hat trick and has everybody shitting themselves.

Like I said, they can either be classy or they can jump the shark. And they aren't going to be classy. They don't even know the meaning of the word anymore. It's not like Obsidian is helping to make the game or something.

8. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

I will freely agree that the team/managers on Mass Effect are crap, but the interactions I've seen and decisions made by the Dragon Age: Inquisition team lead me to be a lot warmer to Bioware than I have been in the past. So...we will see when Inquisition comes out November 18th if that warmth is deserved.

9. Lord Raine

After everything I've seen the industry do in the last seven years, I know better than to let a game that doesn't exist yet inspire hope in me.