1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Medicinal Lullaby by Shivakashi - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Synchro, Dec 17, 2008.

1. stickybynature

stickybynature Squib

Really enjoying it so far, I don't mind fluff as long as it is done well, though more action would be nice and it seems to be building up to such. I don't think I've read many fics where Naruto has a kid, at least not good ones, so im enjoying the change. I'll give it a 4.5/5 as I would like to see more action. Looking forward to each update. :)

2. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

"Lose lips sinks ships" WWII propaganda lolwut? It's phrases and terms like that bothers me. Lots cultural references like chia Pets are minor details but they changes the mood of the settings.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  3. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Hmm new chapter, I'm very apathetic about this one, the new thing with the ghosts and that strange Madara beginning segment were a bit offputting to be honest.

In the AN at the end when author said ghost seeing is going to be a very important ability, I cringed, the fic is starting to drag. All in all it was an average new chapter but average is the operative word, can't say I enjoyed it.

4. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

Thought the Madara part was good insight on his character in this fic. It was also a good way for transitioning into the time-skip that's happening next chapter. How long it'll be is anyone's guess, but it's probably going to be less than a year. Next chapter will probably be the start of whatever Danzou's plan to get at Naruto is, or it should be.

Yes the seeing ghost thing is cringe-worthy, but I have a feeling it's going to be something close to that ability that will enable Naruto to kill Madara in this fic. Seeing as earlier in the chapter you have Madara declaring himself immortal.

5. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

Bah double post.

Just saying that it was updated for those who don't know. Another transition chapter. Time-skip was to the point where Hitomi is in the ninja academy now. Author tells us to expect more fights in the near future now that Hitomi's older and getting more independent. Not really expecting much father/daughter interaction that was a highlight earlier in the fic as Naruto moves more towards defeating Akatsuki once and for all.

6. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Yeah this latest chapter, well, all filler no killer. Really we've had a few chapters of drag now.

I'd just like to point out something that's been fucking pissing me off lately with fanfiction, especially those based on anime and others aimed at young adult age groups. It's that all males, when it comes to conduct towards females, are inherently, unavoidably and seemingly permanently imbecilic. It's some sort of weird anti-feminism whereby women are supposedly impossible to understand and men are all little boys who can't understand them. To be honest I don't really know a fanfic (which involves relationships with the protagonist) that doesn't have it, it's probably the most used cliche I've come across. Sometimes I yearn for a male protagonist who has had a couple of girlfriends is confident in his interactions with females (whilst not being chauvinistic) without in reality not understanding them. But then I realise that could lead me down the road towards adult romance fiction and I remember that I am sworn to the dark side of incestuous fanboy polygny. LONG LIVE OEDIPUS FLOWER!

Tl;Dr This chapter sucked. Want more killing shit with Stick and less whiney shit with girls and daughters.

7. liath

liath Seventh Year

It does seem like the lull is over now. The transition has finished and we'll start getting back to the action soon. And the author's proven his or her ability well in that aspect. Cool stuff.

8. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Am I the only one who's hoping that this somehow becomes a Naruto/Moegi pairing rather than a Naruto/Sakura? Or, better yet, anybody/Naruto than Naruto/Sakura. Seriously, I really think that I'd have to stop reading when the romance finally comes along, Sakura is just that annoying in canon and fanon.

Btw, Liath, your avatar is freaking awesome. Where'd you get it from?

9. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Nope, you're not. She honestly pisses me off in canon too, even with the timeskip.

10. liath

liath Seventh Year

Meh. Maybe not Moegi though. Something about that just rubs me wrong. Lol.

11. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Believe me your not. There is only one fic in the entire Naruto fanfic-verse with a 'theoritcal moegi' pairing, and Moegi hasn't shown up in that fic yet.

Anyway I don't think ANY of the girls would make a good pairing for Naruto at this point.

Who would you honestly want Naruto to be paired up with? Ino is a strumpet, Tenten just disgusts me in this fic, Sakura is already a skank, and traitor, Hinata would make a horrible mother, Kurenai already has a kid, Tsunade is old.

Actuallly Moegi seems like your best bet. Wow.

12. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I received a reply to my review, and apparently, the author "never intended" this story to be Sakura/Naruto and that he may or may not do Naruto/Moegi. It isn't a sure ending.

Of course in this same reply he also says his story isn't "romance" which makes me wonder. It isn't Jeconais romance, but I'd say it's this story's major conflict is about Naruto finding his "partner".

He also says he likes Moegi over Sakura so I assume that's the direction this will actually be moving in.

How bizarre.

13. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Chime you do realize the author is a girl right?

And She has written almost exclusive Naruto Sakura fics right?

And that she actually likes Sakura despite the fact that she is a whore right, hell she even says she is a whore, but she is okay with it. She is okay with Sakura being a bitch and ending up with Naruto.

I am not holding my breath.

But I dig this story. It breaks me to know its going to be a NaruSaku.

14. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Actually that's 3 No's from me. I assumed the author was a guy, though I can see now why this story is written like it is.

15. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Girls always manage to justify any kind of BS in any given story, no matter how irresponsible the pairing is. I am not being sexist. It is true. Don't believe me? Who do you think invented slash?

16. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I'm sorry I don't understand, how exactly is what pairing someone writes their story about irresponsible?

17. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You are being sexist, actually.

18. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

No, he's being a goat-fucker; there's a difference. Explain to me how women created slash, considering that men fucked men before women were even allowed to think about reading, let alone write a story.

Save dumb fucking comments like that - keep horse shit to yourself.

19. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Slash fiction is a genre of fan fiction that focuses on the depiction of romantic or sexual relationships between characters of the same-sex.

I was talking about Slash fiction not homosexuality, Genius. Relax, there is plenty of slash fics for you to read.

20. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

Wasn't Ganywatsits (forgotten how to spell his name) taken away by Zeus in the Iliad? As in, a god wanted to screw the youngest son of Tros. And then there is that whole Achilles and Patroclus; blatantly homos. Written by Homer... a dude. Zero, a lot of people dislike slash but claiming that women created the idea of men on men in fiction is... well, I can't think of a suitable insult, but suffice to say you're being ignorant. The idea has been around for ages.

Anyway, the story... I stopped reading it a few chapters ago. It just seemed so slow and it was starting to get a little 'fluffy' for me. Kinda boring, in other words, but I definately recommend it. The mid-ranged chapter are especially memorable. ~3.5/5 Good writing but provides little tension.