1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link Meetings of the Minds by Sabrina Hepburn - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by TripticWriter, May 8, 2007.

1. TripticWriter

TripticWriter Groundskeeper

Title: Meeting of the Minds.
    Author: Sabrina Hepburn
    Rating: [T]
    Genre: [Drama/Angst]
    DLP Category: [The Alternate's]
    Pairing: [None a the Moment]
    Summary: Crossover between HP and the Hannibal Lecter series, postHarry Potter series and Voldemort's demise. What happens when Harry Potter needs psychiatric help? Why, he seeks the best, of course. Too bad the best is in an insane asylum...A dark fic.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3526643/1/

Yeah... I know really strange (read original) crossover but I have great expectation for it.

They are only one short chapter so far, but it has really catch my interest and the short interaction between Harry and Hannibal is nicely done.

Maybe only one chapter is too soon for proposing it to you but as I said it really catch my attention and who knows, it could inspire someone else! ^^

Hope you like it!

edit: I changed her name.

Edit by Minion, Dec. 15, 2012
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of this story, please inform the library staff

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  2. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Way too soon to tell. The idea of Hannibal Lecter as Harry Potter's psychiatrist is a great one, but one that will need a disciplined and bold author. I'm wary that someone named 'evilprincess7' can pull it off, though the limited interaction in this first chapter was done well.

I'm definitely intrigued and want to see where this fic goes.

3. TripticWriter

TripticWriter Groundskeeper

I thought exactly the same :p.

But if I stopped myself from reading a story because of the author's name then I would have never read LT2000's stories...

Just kidding... hehe it's a really nice name! Hey stop it!! What are you doing with this Hibachi Grill!!!

4. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

I really rather like it. She describes Lector's thoughts very nicely. My only wish is that she would change her stupid name!

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

That didn't take long.

So long evilprincess7. Welcome Eliza Hepburn.

I suppose a My Fair Lady reference (Audrey Hepburn played Eliza Doolittle) shows an appreciation for the classics. Still intrigued.

6. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Definitely an intriguing start. I'd like to see where it goes before I give it a grade. It definitely has promise.

7. malaga

malaga Auror

So far I am very interested. Hannibal seems in control and intrigued, and Harry is portrayed well too. I will definitely be keeping reading, and if it keeps at this quality it will be a very good story.

8. raja

raja Fourth Year

I like it, especially the two's interactions, but the changing verb tenses were highly obnoxious and I hate intros like that one where they address you the read. This one didn't really but it still was annoying.

9. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

love it so far. the way the author describes lecters disjointed mind is very interesting and we get to see a point of view the real books never show us. harry is characterized well although im not sure how au this harry is. i can only imagine the horrors that could ensue if lecter learned about and subesquently learned to control magic. intriguing.

10. The Duke

The Duke Seventh Year

Very cool, I personally can't wait until the next chapter.
    Been waiting for a HP/Hannibal cross for a while... thanks for the ref.

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like it, the Harry-Hannibal interaction fits both characters very well and the present tense format gives it that little extra edge.

The new chapter's alright, but its really nothing special. Just seems to be EP experimenting with another tense without any real contact. The only part I had any real complaint about was Hermione supporting Harry breaking the rules. It doesn't really seem like her at all.

Aekiel

12. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like it, but agree with Aekiel that Hermione isn't a rule breaker and wouldn't condone such action no matter if it was Harry or not. It's just not her. Besides that, I find that Harry slipping such a relaxed position as he did in chapter one was out of character for him. He's always tense, always uncomfortable, and definitely around someone he doesn't know. At least, that's how I always portrayed him.

13. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Breaking the rules? They aren't breaking anything. The only reason Harry even came to her was because she has connections that can get harry to explain magic to a muggle without breaking any rules. She even said, she is going to go through allot of paper works and whatnot. No one is breaking any rules here.

Other than that, i like the chapter. It was more like a filler than anything else. Until the good stuff comes up. Now what i "want" to see is hannible and Voldy talking. Now that would be interesting. Meh! Too bad.

14. malaga

malaga Auror

This chapter was rather dull, though now I've started writing I appreciate more that not <i>every</i> chapter can be full of interest. I have to disagree with the people who claim Hermione wouldn't break the rules. Harry isn't really breaking them, because he is asking permission, and I fail to see how her blackmailing the Ministry is any different to blackmailing Rita. I can see her acting like this for Harry's sake, just like she quits school to go on a Horcrux hunt for Harry's sake.

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That may be true, but she's always been the one to complain about the rule breaking they always do. On the "Harry's not breaking the rules" note - he went to Hermione just as a formality, he would have told Lecter anyway, only this way there's less hassle.

Aekiel

16. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Isn't it ironic that even after six books of harry potter, Hermoiney always complains about not breaking the rules yet breaks them anyway for the sake of Harry. Is it just me or is that getting old?

Err...first of all, Rita is just a lowly journalist who got whipped by a 14 year old Herm and a ministry is a government would kick your ass to kingdom come. I think there is a "huge" difference.

Not necessarily true. In the fic, Haniable said something along the lines of Harry who is someone that abides by the rules...or was that herm. Meh! whatever.

17. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

While I've never been a fan of the Hannibal Lecter stories I have to admit this story has gotten my attention. I doubt it will ever be one of my favorites, but it's interesting to see the interaction between Harry and Hannibal.

3/5 if only because it's a Lecter story that so far hasn't been drowned in blood and gore.

18. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I'm definetly going to be watching it, the only criticism I can find is that the grammar fails massively from time to time.

19. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Author is now named Sabrina Hepburn....

--bornagainpenguin (who is reading despite his apprehensions about writers who cannot choose their nom de guerre without trying out several variations...)

.....​

Well, now that I've actually read up to chapter three (or Interlude One) I can comment further. The writing is much better than the name (and its many changes) would imply. I find the interaction between Hannibal and Harry to be compelling enough to keep reading upon the next update, as well as looking forward to the inevitable explosion when Hermione finally gets the name of Harry's Doctor.

I also find myself wondering exactly how far into the future of the Potterverse the story is projected, given Ron's apparent death and Hermione's reaction to it. The death of Ron also makes me curious as to what the Weasley family is like these days and whether or nor Harry was ever a part of it...

At this point in time I'd give it a three, but I'm going to wait a bitg before making an official vote to see where things go from here...

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  20. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

This is a pretty well written story. Hannible (whatever his name is spelled) is very in character so far that I've seen. Its too bad there aren't too many of these stories actually...or him meeting Lectre anyway, those would be nice to read. I give the story a 4.5/5

Richard.