1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

META MAFIA - Episode I: Slumber Party || Concluded [FEMME NATION Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Shout out to Cheedartrek: AWESOME JOB AS BATSHIT BATMANUS.

And great job everyone else, town or scum alike (Working for mknote... really, Zeit)

But of course, major thanks to the host Zeit for this entertaining game and great flavour text! (Cameos of me as a psychopath aside).

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

It was quite entertaining to watch the fluff and flavor, both by players and mods. Especially the player fluff, that would likely kill them in any other game.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

First off: Zeitgeist, awesome game, thanks for running it.

I had a lot of fun playing. Granted the Holiday season did sort of pop in on us there but it worked out fine in the end I think. It was a great game for an intro to the genre.

Also, the flavor text for the whole game was great. A few gems from the most recent post include...

Suspiciously masculine Femme!Shezza!

A wild Mknote appears!

The "book about winter and a girl horny for dragons.”

& of course, the evil, monstrous Oompa-Loompa!

Loads of other good things I could say about the game, but those are the ones that are easily recalled to mind from the past post. They also represent the right amount of humor and in-jokes from the forum, which is part of what made this so much fun.

As for my role as the Batshit Batmanus, I'm not sure if I did the right thing keeping it quiet until the end like I did. If I had survived another night I would have announced my role used the information from my most recent Investigation to convince the remaining player who to Lynch. I had wondered if I should have done so earlier though.

I can't believe how lucky I was though, getting the role I wanted the most in my first game, for the win.

Really close game. Good job all.

4. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I don't see any potential downside of spiking 2 people... if she got the first one wrong, she would have been revealed anyway. If she got it right, the second one would work automatically, regardless of whether it was right or wrong. This should have been a 100% win by the mafia, can anyone explain how it wouldn't have been?

5. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

The Spike chain ends as soon as you're wrong, no matter if you're a Scumapotamus or if the latter matches are correct. Hence, she Spikes three people, but she Spikes like this in the following order:

1. Bruce Wayne as Joker
    2. Clark Kent as Superman
    3. Diana Prince as Wonder Woman

It doesn't matter if Clark Kent is Superman; the Spike chain ends at Bruce/Joker, and thus the Spiker would be revealed and Clark won't die. If the Spiker was not the Scumapotamus, Bruce would also not die. However, if the Spiker was the Scumapotamus, then Bruce dies even though the Spike was incorrectly matched.

The main risk of Spiking multiple people is putting the incorrect match first, consequently only killing one person (if you're the Scumapotamus) and also being revealed.

The town merely had very good luck: if Ashaya wasn't the Nessperado, or if Anya chose to kill her (Night-Kills or otherwise), then the Witches would have won without a doubt. The odds of the Nessperado still being alive were low. Anya played it safe.

EDIT:

Awards and QTs are coming soon. Keep your eyes peeled.

6. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Okay, I see what you're saying. But this is what happened:
    Scenario 1: (what happened)
    Night killed: Whoever (I don't remember..)
    Spike 1: Cheddar as batman-worked

Scenario 2: (What could have happened)
    Night killed: whoever
    Spike 1: Cheddar as batman-worked
    Spike 2: ashaya/ anyone else as anything. -would work, game over

Scenario 3: (worst case scenario)
    Night killed : whoever
    Spike 1: Cheddar as not batman-wrong, but works anyone, gets revealed
    Spike 2: Ashaya as anything, doesn't work regardless, might as well not be here.

So, as you can see, scenario 1 and 3 are the same thing.. unless i'm seeing something wrong in the rules. There is nothing bad at all about spiking a second person. The end result would be the same. And if you get lucky, you win. If not, the first person dies anyway. No downside to it.

7. Zeitgeist

In Scenario 1, the Spike is correct. Hence, you are not revealed and the target dies. In Scenario 3, the Spike is incorrect. Hence, you are revealed as a Witch and the target also does not die. In fact, the target only dies in Scenario 3 if you are a Scumapotamus.

As you will not be revealed as a Witch, Scenario 1 is the "safe" choice since you still get to preserve an appearance of innocence to the town; they will not know whether you are a Witch, and you could pass the extra death off as a Vigilante kill.

Anya, knowing that the odds of winning were very much in her favour, took a safer road. She didn't really expect that Ashaya was the Nessperado. Besides, this is the first game which truly demonstrates the power of the Nessperado, where it was properly used. Before, it hadn't been used well and was an underestimated role by everybody. Even Ashaya, when she first found out she drew the Nessperado role, hated her role and said that she would never "die voluntarily", lawl.

8. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Dama Ashaya and her womanly wiles.

9. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The problem is, even if she assumed the Nessperado was alive, Ashaya was by that time pretty anti-Anya. So the obvious thing to do would have been to convince Schadenfraude to go for Ashaya - instead, she alienated the last possible ally she could have had.

Even if she assumes the Nessperado isn't alive, she can't be lynched anyway, so there's no harm in revealing herself. And if she assumes the Nessperado is alive, then it becomes imperative to end the game in the night, rather than allowing said Nessperado to lynch her.

Edit: Also, Anya did choose to Spike Cheddar. So

Scenario 1: Her spike of Cheddar is wrong, she is revealed, but Cheddar dies anyway. No harm putting in Ashaya as *Random role X*, since the spiking never reaches that point.

Scenario 2: Her spiking of Cheddar is correct - at this point, regardless of how sure she is of Ashaya's role, putting Ashaya as *Random role X* results in her death. Yes, Anya would be revealed, but it's a moot point, since the game would be over (assuming Schadenfraude wasn't the Nessperado, or Anya posted with a normal lynch vote first thing).

10. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

All I can say that Anya and I were part of a love story for the ages. She couldn't bear to kill me, and I whiteknighted her much like I have been whiteknighted (so appropriate, considering she was ME) in other games. It wasn't until I noticed Cheddar's adamant belief in Anya's guilt and Anya's refusal to lynch jadedmutt that I realized what a fool I had been.

Truly romantic.

---------- Post automerged at 03:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Oh, and Zeitgeist, NO, I SHOULD NOT BE KILLED FIRST. I'M JUST A SILLY TROLL~

11. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

We're not talking about a random scenario, we are talking about THIS scenario, and in this scenario, anya is the scumapotamus. Choice 1 and 3 have NO differences. She should have always put a second one, in case the first one was right. Anya would have killed the first person she spiked, REGARDLESS. So it is only if she got it correct, or incorrect. If its correct, the next one would also be right regardless. If she was wrong, she is in the same position she would be in if she didn't put a name in the first place. And what if she was wrong about Cheddar? how is that safe? that makes no sense, i'm sorry. How is it safe at all, now that i'm thinking about it. The chance that she is wrong is the same in both cases... Its not safe. Anya, i'm sorry but you should have won.

This exactly.. its late, but putting 2 choices does nothing for your chance of losing, it only extends your chance of winning. You didn't think this through, anya, and if you did you would have won :(

---------- Post automerged at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

@Ashaya, lol! Well she could have lynched the other person, and still won the Calz.

12. Zeitgeist

------------------------------

META MAFIA: Episode I - SLUMBER PARTY

Awards and Honourable Mentions

---------------------------------------

The FEMME ARCHIVES of QTs

The QT Highlights (although all QTs are interesting):

Universal Female Unconsciousness [Angels]
    Shamanalyst QT
    Voyeurs' QT
    First Beastly Confederation of Witches

-------------------------------

The Most Valued Player Award :
    {Anya the Scumapotamus}
    //for snatching a White-Knight from the Queen of White-Knights herself: Ashaya.

The Most Inspired Ploy Award:

{Lindsey the Saint Mutt}

//for making the best possible Martyr Save at the best possible timing, saving the Batshit from certain doom.

The Newbie Effort Award goes to:

{LochNess the Rayndrogynous Rider}

//for showing analytic rigour and enthusiasm for her first game, even in the face of adversary.

The Most Improved Player Award:

{Ashaya the Nessperado}

//for initially falling for Anya’s charms, before eventually discovering the true uses of the Nessperado and saving the town from doom.

An Honorary Mention is awarded to:

{Calz the Gay BFF}

//for nearly breaking the game by giving Anya the power to deadlock Day 5's votes.

The Sirlin Garcia Medal for Hosting is awarded to:

{MattSilver the Guest}

//for providing emergency Hosting work when asked.

----------------------------------

Slumber Party [Femmafia] is brought to you by the following SPONSORS!

New Blue-Shell condoms from LUNGS CORPORATION - MKART DIVISION: If I Can't Come First, Nobody Can!

Ski-ware from Stark Industries: Winter is Coming... Prepare for it in Style.

The Broadway musical, VAMPA VIRA - A Bloodsucking Tale, Featuring the Music of ABBA!

Blow-up dolls from NIKE - Recreation Subdepartment: Just do it!

Hybrid sports car from Syed & Luckylee Incorporated: We Try Harder

----------------------------------

Like all good things, Femmafia must come to an end. Thank you to everybody to supported us along the way, including but not exclusively: Lutris, MattSilver, the Players, Irene, Sree, Gambit, Jon, Oz, Lungs, and many others.

If you liked the Flavour Text of any of the Days/Night, please give the relevant post(s) a Thumbs-Up! Your support is greatly appreciated.

---

And jwlk, I already reiterated it in that previous post: the difference between Scenario 1 and 3 is the role-reveal, which makes 1 the safer choice. Anya chose to play it safe because she thought that she had the game in the bag, which she did. She was uncertain whether Cheddar was the Priest and in fact was a little on edge, I believe, because her 24 hours was running out. She made a meek mistake.

It can happen to anybody. Nobody is perfect. The Witches were so close to winning anyway: if Anya had stuck to her original choice or had Night-Killed Ashaya, they would have won because Anya was the Scumapotamus who controlled Calz the BFF. Anya was running out of time, so she made the "safe" choice. In fact, I'm more inclined to say that the "Town won" rather than "The Witches Lost", because the latter implies that Anya is at fault, which she isn't.

She played a stellar game and deserves all the accolades she gets. It was merely horrific luck that Ashaya was the Nessperado and had clued in about Anya's evilness, thanks to CheddarTrek's hints.

---

Now, I'd prefer if we'd move on from this matter to another topic: how would you guys feel about another Meta Mafia game? Do you suggest any themes?

I believe Lungs is organising a game themed around #pokemanz regulars. Perhaps the evil Lich Witch will make a guest appearance there...

13. Ash

Lungs' game is based on Mafia regulars, whatever he uses to define that.

I'd like a game perhaps with legendary scum?

Maybe with roles based on mods. Hm. Any other ideas?

14. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Bah, i'm not blaming her I was just so hoping she would win.

its just cuz.. if she was wrong, then she's wrong it doesn't matter if she has a second one lined up.

But if she was right, her second choice would get killed regardless.

ANyway, i'm done with beating this dead horse. Now you know! Thats the important part :p Haha Good game though, I enjoyed watching.

15. Ash

End of story: she did it because she loves me dearly.

---------- Post automerged at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Why is there a 14 in front of the thread title?

16. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think a meta mafia with mods/famous DLPAwesomes, with scum as the most infamous Banned people could be fun.

17. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Thanks Zeit for running that! I had a really great time, and loved all the flavour you posted. And I'm so glad for Ashaya making us win! Good job to everyone though, it was a really close game.

18. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Gotta say, Zeit, all the writing you did for this game was awesome. Even in the QTs you wrote long PMs to every player, and I really appreciated the effort you put into this.

Thanks for hosting. I had a lot of fun. <3

19. insectamantidae

insectamantidae Professor

Well played, on all parts! Thank you Zeit, for running a wonderful game and for not letting the boys attempt at Drama-inception throw us overboard.

20. Ash

This game really made me happy, because it added some new mafia players to the normal crowd, and they are all smart females to boot! Particularly you, LochNess, I very much like it when you play! Glad that you caught the mafia bug as well.