1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Feoffic, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Okay, this has to be the most impressive and ridiculous minecraft creation I've seen so far. In short, a guy made a working computer in minecraft.

2. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

Binomial logic systems can be created due to the object, red stone, that could be mined up in the deeper levels. It could be commonly used for simple stuff like a switch to open a door or switch the tracks direction on the railway.

Or make more complex systems like a calculator or a working digital clock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwTVjJ_1vuE The stuff you could do in this game is amazing. The world infinitely generates up to 16 times the surface of the earth.

3. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Hell, I was just about to post that. o_O That's insane lol.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah... Its not online at the moment. Trying to get a different server software working and figure out all of the ins and outs of it. D:

5. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94

The other Enterprise was okay, but this is a 1:1 reproduction (with a few small deviations). Fucking massive. To be fair, he did do something to import partially from Google Sketchup instead of building from scratch, but it's still really impressive. It's just the framework so far, but I assume it'll be done soon enough with the help of other people.

His voice is hilarious, by the way.

6. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Ahh okay then, hope to see some kind of DLP server up eventually. Most of the multiplayer ones I've taken a look at seem needlessly complicated, with currency systems and the like. What's the point? I want to build in cooperation with a few others, not "role play" with third console generation graphics -.-

7. Antivash

Ok. So I found a problem. The stand alone client wont connect to my server for some reason when I'm using third party, vs official on the site. Easily worked around, but kind of :|

Download the World of Minecraft hacked client wrapper and the Minecraft jar. Extract WoM, put minecraft.jar into the lib folder, run.bat, ????, :awesome tiem.

If you do it this way, when you run it, after you login, hit the Add button, name it what you want, enter the url for my server, ????, play!

You still need a minecraft account, so ¯\(º_o)/¯ ...

If you don't wanna go through all that, just click the server url link, and play in your webbrowser.

8. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Sweet, got bored.

[​IMG]

Really plain though. I keep wondering just how much better it would look 500 feet up and surrounded by a giant castle...

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

That's classic.

lrn2Alpha

10. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Jon... Sadly, some of us lack credit cards.

Before you ask, my only viable access to them for would be automatically closed on account of being for a game.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  11. Jon

lrn2link bank account.

12. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Link a bank account or debit card to paypal. Just about any bank will give you a checking account with what, $100 down?

Or if you can't get that for some reason, buy a prepaid credit card (yes those work with paypal), and register your paypal account with it. Bada-boom bada-bing, instant verified paypal account.

Also, how do you access alpha multiplayer? (I think I already am?) I used the client vash provided to access the dlp server when I made the sign and building surrounding it. A quick check with the web client shows that I'm accessing the same server.

Am I completely missing the obvious or something?

13. Antivash

If you have some super secret client that connects to icraft or any other clients in any other mode, do feel free to share. Otherwise, kindly suck a goat.

14. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Hmm, took my adhd meds before I started my actual work, decided to play a little minecraft while waiting for them to kick in.

Bad idea, that's five hours down the drain.

15. Jon

We kinda liked the ORIGINAL one we had up and running Vash, you know, since it was ALPHA and we spent a shit ton of hours BUILDING IT.

16. Antivash

You were the one bitching about physics and water, dude. I didn't get minecraft until well after that point, so its not like I did it to fuck with your shit or whatever. I'll restart the old one later then.

EDIT: Ok, Old is back up, and so is the other one. New link for the second, iCraft one.

wethreethieves.com will connect to alpha yadda yadda yadda....

The one you need to use WorldofMinecraft to connect has changed url's to this.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  17. Jon

You know I love you Vash. :3

18. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Bought this today....6 hours wasted so far, half of them spent on a shitty world. Five days in, and I still hadn't found any place suitable to be settled...There were hardly enough trees around for me to build a boat - if there had been an ocean to sail across. I deleted that and generated a new one.

I must be the luckiest noob ever. Right next to my spawn was this EPIC cave. Shit tons of coal, a waterfall, and over 20 bricks of iron. All before the sun rose on the second day. I still haven't explored it all, and I've hardly gone outside. One thing I did notice outside, however, is an ocean with some islands in the distance and loads of trees around my cave.

As soon as I can adequately mark my cave, I'm going to stash everything I own and die so I can figure out exactly where I spawn. The first night was kinda rush rush rush to find a place to hide out, and I can't remember where I started and which direction I headed.

As soon as I feel a bit more comfortable with the controls, I'm going to start strip mining the back of my cave until I find diamonds and red stone. I also want to make a monster spawner trap. I've seen more than a few Youtube videos about people who have done this. Skellies seem to be the best monster spawner to find, so I hope I can find one.

tl;dr: Epic game is epic and a black hole. I could spend days without sleeping playing it.

19. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Best way to mine is to build a small base into a mountain, find some coal, wood, and make the following:

Forge, workbench, several chests to store.

Then cut your way into the back of your base/mountain, about 20x50 blocks in so you have a large area. Fill it with torches, as you don't want shit spawning while you're gone.

Gather like 12-15 stone pickaxes (and if you can, some iron ones). A minimum of 64 torches (preferably more like 100), and a few buckets (to gather lava if you want it). Consider taking extra coal and wood, just in case.

Then go into your new cut out area, and just directly cut downward, in a 3x3 block area. Do this until you hit some mineral (shouldn't be long), mine the mineral and return to your 3x3, keep cutting down.

Eventually you'll end up near the bottom of the map, and 90% of the time you'll hit a natural cave with tons of lava, gold, iron, and red dust. You might find diamond if you're lucky.

Using this I mined like 18 gold, 57 iron, and over 200 coal in the dlp multiplayer server, within like an hour. (Doubt it'll still be there though lol).

Anyway, best method I've found.

20. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

My contribution to the DLP server.

I plan on building a U-Boat at some point in the future when I get tired of my base. Which could possibly be followed by a rebuild of Barad-dûr.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010