1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #1 - The Battle of Hogwarts

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Mini Mafia #1​

A Harry Potter Mafia​

The sun is shining, birds are chirping, and there are a lot of people at Hogwarts. The Death Eaters are laying siege to it, you see, and the residents within plan to defend it, with their lives. There's also some help from the friendly Order of the Phoenix and the Ministry of Magic, whatever good that may do.

Every day, spells flash across the sky, until someone bites the dust. Then they go to sleep.

It's magic.

Don't question it. Seriously.

During the night, terrible Death Eaters may attempt to infiltrate the Castle and kill the sleeping denizens.

That's terribly unsportsmanlike, but hey, these are the bad guys here.

But, right, the sun shining, and birds chirping.

That must mean that...​

The Battle of Hogwarts has begun!​

Rules, Statements, and Other Things!​

1. Days will last 72 hours. Nights a maximum of 24 hours. Nights may be shortened if all relevant Night Actions are locked in in time!

2. Everyone has a Quicktopic. Do not copy/paste anything into the thread directly from your Quicktopic. You may ask me questions in them! I may not be able to answer them, but you can certainly ask.

3. This is a Closed Setup. No, the role list will not be posted. No, I can't tell you how many Town there are, how many Mafia there are, or if there are any Neutral roles. No, I can't tell you how many Vanilla Town there are, or even if there are any! Alignment, Roles, and Flavor will reveal on death!

4. There are no game ending jester roles, traitors, or bastard modding. What you see is what you get.

5. Lynch Votes! Lynch votes in this closed setup have two parts - Hard Lynch, and Soft Lynch. When someone reaches Hard Lynch, they die. THERE ARE NO DEADLINE VOTES. If a target is at Soft Lynch when the deadline occurs, then the target dies. Hard Lynch will be the majority of voters, with Soft Lynch less than that. If multiple targets are at Soft Lynch, the target with the highest amount of votes dies. Ties result in NO LYNCH.

Lynch votes may be any format you want, but make them stand out, please! A bolded Lynch: PlayerName, Vote: PlayerName, or Vote Player: PlayerName all works fine.

6. Mass claiming early in the game will not benefit town. I don't advise doing it! Attempting to decide if people are town or scum based on the flavor or role that they claim has the potential to end badly, as well! Use your best judgement.

7. The only place game discussion may take place is in this thread, and your QuickTopics. Stay true to the spirit of the game, please!

8. Please do not post in the thread during Night phase!

9. Do not fake Daytime activations! There may or may not be abilities that exist, but faking them leads to modkill.

10. Do not edit posts in the thread for any reason. Use a doublepost if need be - they will automatically merge. Or just live with your typo of shame.

11. Respect your fellow players!

12. And above all, have fun! This is not optional.​

Livelist!​

AngelRick
    Bill Door
    Fontisian
    Jeopardizer
    Kalas
    LochNess
    Mishie
    Republic21
    Riley Poole
    Rubicon
    Sacrifice
    Uncle Stojil
    Wetnurse

With 13 players remaining, it is 7 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Right then, let's go!

3. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Well, well, no day one mechanics. What do we do, fellow practitioners of magic?
    Not very familiar with closed set ups.

4. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

Error?

And I missed the chance to post first, oh the agony!

---------- Post automerged at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Even with a closed set-up, how many scum do you think there is? 3? 4?

5. Bill Door

Yeah, never played one of these either. I was hoping there'd be an election or something to get it started, since we can't go the usual route of asking questions about the game.

Ah well, we shall persevere. And Lynch Vote: Jeapardizer. For science. Or maybe magic. Whatever.

---------- Post automerged at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

And I'd guess at a ratio of 10:3, but it might be 9:4. Four just seems a bit high to me.

6. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

well, most likely 3 or 4, unless mod decides to be funny and give us 5 to 6 scums..

7. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Hello guys! First mafia game here for me.

Anyway, on with speculations.

I'm pretty sure Mod won't screw us over by giving us at least 5 scum. The more likely number of scum for 13 players is 4. Anything less than 4 scum and I think It'll be too easy for town.

Following the 4 scum assumption, and since we start at Day, this gives town 3 MLs (Vigilante and similar roles not taken into account).

With that I think it's time for a Sacrifice.
    Lynch Vote: Sacrifice

8. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Also, abilities that may exist that we need to take note of:

"Trap" kills (refer to Awesomemafia) - Sets a trap on a certain individual, and whoever visits that person dies (can kill multiple person if they all choose to visit that individual)

"Item gifts" kills - A certain role has the ability to give items, perhaps those that provides another player with kills

and many other random stuff.

9. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

Yeah 5/6 scums might be pushing it, 2 errors from town and scums win.

Because I don't have the first idea about closed set-up:

-Bill Door: which faction do you think profits the most from a closed set-up?

-Sacrifice: in this set-up, at wich point do you think a townie should revel?

It's 2am where I am so if I don't answer or something assume I'm sleeping.

10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Well, hi. Haven't played mafia in a while, and was never particularly good at those, but this one looked like fun. I joined because I wanted to see some HP mafia flavor from Eido <3

We know nothing atm, so I dunno what we should do. 3 or 4 scum seems the most logical conclusion.

11. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Hard to answer question. If role is important (info-roles, daily-kill roles, etc), they should reveal if they are going to get lynched. Then again, that will look like desperate scum flinging mud. If role is similar to DoB or BoD, reveal if you are getting lynched, but don't try to push away the lynchwagon (since ability activates upon death anyway). If you are scum, you should just shut up and die :D

Hell, if you have something similar to Town Jack of All Trades (Awesomemafia), you jolly well do your best not to die.

Looking at what Eidolonic says about mass-claiming being bad, I have no idea why, but there is a minimal chance there could be a soup-kill........and if there is such a thing, I hate you, mod.

12. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

@Sacrifice

Mass-claiming in closed setup is pretty bad for town because we don't know the exact amount of scum and non-scum, and we also don't know the exact roles in the game. If we all start mass-claiming there's nothing stopping the scum to make up some bullshit roles. They can just claim what they want while remaining safe because they claim any role they want without being referenced against a list of roles provided in non-closed setups.

13. Bill Door

Scum clearly. They should know each other's roles, which means they know all they need to. But we're left completely in the dark. Of course, that's balanced out a bit by the fact that roles reveal on death, which is always nice. It means that as the game goes on the information gap will even out a bit, helped by a future cop reveal.

Although if there's a third party they would probably benefit more, seeing as we don't know if they exist.

You're joking, right?

14. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

what do you think? :nyan:

15. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Simply based on the number of players, it's most likely going to be 4 scum, although there is a small chance that it's 3 or 5.

---------- Post automerged at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Wow a lot happened whilst I was typing that post XD.

---------- Post automerged at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Something I also wanted to add, the reason why mass-claims would be bad for us, is that since this is a HP-themed mafia, if somebody comes forward as say, the town Madame Pomfrey, or the Town Moody, they're going to die fast, whilst scum can make up random roles using hp characters.

16. Bill Door

Rescind Lynch Vote: Jeopardizer

Lynch Vote: Sacrifice

This isn't your first game, and I refuse to believe you are stupid enough to think that a good idea.

17. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Yeah, no one claim. If you're a power role and about to die/have useful info, claiming might be good, but soup kill is a distinct possibility, because I'm assuming no third party in a small setup barring some weird group like goblins.

If someone does fake claim and you know it, speak up. Chances are, you'll both be killed, but we'll know at least that one of the two is mafia.

Eido did say that there are a bunch of vanilla roles out there, so vanilla roles should be speaking loudly and scum hunting. Lurking is bad, etc etc, so I'm going to assume that lurkers are scum unless proven otherwise.

18. Bill Door

Eh, lolwut?

19. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

Eh, the "even if there are any" is just to create WINE, I'm operating under the assumption that we have a few basic power roles, and most of the town is vanilla besides scum. Trying to figure out other people's roles day one will just introduce unnecessary WINE.

20. Bill Door

/me chugs a bottle of WINE

Or maybe, he put that in there to make us think that he was pouring WINE on it and that there are no vanilla roles. Or, just maybe that's what he wanted us to think, and maybe there are lots of vanilla roles. Or maybe... Yeah, this is pointless.

Trying to guess what roles there are, vanilla or not, at this point is pretty stupid.