1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #2 - Gotham's Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Nope, no problems. No lynch it is, you are protecting Kalas, Kalas is checking you.

rescind vote

---------- Post automerged at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

No word from Sesc yet.

2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

The obvious problem with that plan is that if you are Mafia, and this the last step of a plan-of-the-year game plan, you won't die today nor tonight and have ~50% chance of winning the game on even odds alone. On the flip side, it might be better than what even odds would give us for a lynch today for any random person being Mafia. Did you compare that, fontisian? Some 40% chance on Town win?

In any case,

does only follow if you aren't in danger of getting lynched today.

I think at this stage I'm suspicious of everyone, just in different degrees :|
    Ashaya pushes for a lynch, fontisian counters with a plan, Kalas wants us to look at a post that could be read as a foundation for creating a last-ditch effort case where he's a fourth faction Eidolonic threw in for fun. That's not really terribly likely, at least. Have there even been set-ups with four factions? But all of that could be seen as an agenda.

Regarding Role Claims: Mr. Freeze, Vanilla Town. Someone is lying, but that was obvious.

Ashaya: Why did you reveal so early on?

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'd rather Kalas check the person that he finds most scummy as there is a chance of the person he checks dying. If scum targets a different towny, then town would most likely lose in this scenario. So, Kalas please don't say who you intend to target in the thread if we go through with this plan. Or, we could assume that there are no godfather roles and just lynch Ash.

4. Ash

fontisian had been discussing the merits of roleclaiming.

I had nothing to lose when it came to roleclaiming, at best it would reveal a role that had to soulsteal me or something, at worst, it gave me slight amusement.

5. fontisian

Didn't see Sesc's post earlier.
    Since no one else has a role that prevents night kills (with the exception of Kalas' roleblock which he has not used), the only two realistic reasons that no one died for two nights are 1. I'm the healer, I protected Stojil/Kalas and scum targeted Stojil/Kalas nights 3 and 4 or 2. I'm scum and I convinced my team not to kill anyone night 3 and decided not to kill anyone myself night 4 in a bizarre plan to claim Healer when I could have no real idea if there was a survivor or healer role in the game who would contradict me (even though healer is the base town role of mafia after detective). Oh, and I was deliberately dropping hints for this incredibly risky roleclaim as well. I think that you can figure out which one is more likely.

I was hinting at my role and trying to town firm Kalas so that you would stop attacking him and we could focus on an actual lynch target while nor precluding the possibility of a fourth faction. It was a possibility at that point, but I think it's unlikely now, especially with the Batman still out there. (If I'm wrong, town is pretty much screwed already).

Anyway, can we at least act like this is a normal day even if we go with the plan and state our suspicions with some backing. More information is always a good thing.

---------- Post automerged at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Ash: I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

---------- Post automerged at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Crap, I just realized that my plan depends on the last mafia not having the ability to roleblock. Or if Kalas hits me and gets a roleblock while scum hit Kalas, but that's not very likely.

---------- Post automerged at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Oh, and Eido can't answer any questions about night priority. So if I die, Kalas might not be protected tonight. Lovely.

6. Ash

Not sure what you do not understand, I was referring to the fact that my role reveal, in a best case scenario, would cause a 'warlock' type role to have to reveal themselves to match a player to a role. Unlikely that such a role exists, though in the realm of possibility. That's why I said best case scenario. Worst case, I merely got a bit of amusement from it. I like doing whatever strikes my fancy in these games.

Everything fontisian has said recently has seemed extremely legitimate, which would mean that Sesc is a role that checks town. Personally, I don't have a huge fondness for fontisian's plan, as it extends the conclusion of this game, and the immense satisfaction of finding out who is this last mafia member.

I must admit, however, that it seems to be the best course to take.

There is nothing to be done about your concerns wrt roleblocking mafia or roleblocking Kalas, so relax.

---------- Post automerged at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

This is a very interesting and enjoyable game, you are all so very genuine, hard to make up my mind. One second, I think fontisian is definitely the mafia member, the next, I am sure of her innocence. Usually not so flippy floppy, so so excited to find out who this last person is!!!

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Vesvius' orginial Batmafia. Town, two competing scum and a serial killer.

Anywho Factz time.

There were NO NK's on Night 3/4. Now I could potentially see a lone scum skipping a night to set up a potential claim but two nights? Especially on Night 3 when it was still Castiel/whoever? No.

So Town has a Doctor. A claim fontisian 'slipped' beforehand and neither of you, Ash or Sesc, have counterclaimed. Ergo fonti is the doctor.

So two town and two undecided. Looking at early posts I'd be more then willing to throw a lynch vote on Ash right now.. too many similarities with Lochness posts and suspicious timing on certain votes.

Bluh. Alright throwing you two a bone. Sesc/Ash: posts 180 and 181. Is Lochness throwing suspicion on her entire scum team to distance or is Castiel the one distancing/votespliting?

8. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

36 hours remain

With 4 alive, it is 3 to hard lynch. THERE IS NO SOFT LYNCH.

9. Ash

Uh....not sure what the point of this question is, they are both trying to keep their distance from each other. Castiel is really trying to have me lynched in post 181, pushing harder than I think any scum member would for their teammate, whether a ploy or not.

If that doesn't help my innocence, nothing will.

10. Koalas

High Score:
    The point is between those two, clearly coordinated posts, every potential scum member was brought up. You and Lochness by Castiel, Sesc and Castiel by Lochness (and Rapscallion by both, don't think that got missed). In fact all three of you posted within 3 hours of each other, two of which had a decently lengthed post. Lochness' to focus attention on the four, Castiel to distance himself then you to bring focus onto Sesc.. see where I'm coming from here?

---------- Post automerged at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Uh no. At best it was an aggressively worded 'lurk less' push WHILE giving you a way out in the post.

11. Ash

Kalas, Castiel did continue with his lynch Ashaya train past post 181.

And my post did not really draw any attention to Sesc, and I think you give it more credit than you should.

Anyway, can we do a no lynch and hurry day up?

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Irrelevant. Stojil was already starting to build pressure against Castiel. He'd want to separate as much as possible.

13. Ash

I don't know what to tell you, Kalas, I have a vanilla town role, which means I have no way of proving to you that I am town.

So, can we do a no lynch and move past today? Eidolonic, if 3/4 of us vote no lynch, can we hurry things along?

14. Eidolonic

Yeah, I'll accept three Vote: No Lynch as counting as a day ending thing.

15. Ash

So, what's up, fontisian, Kalas, and Sesc? Is there anything else we need to discuss, or shall we move onto night?

I'll go ahead and

Vote: No lynch

16. Koalas

High Score:
    News on the Eid front, my Roleblock can block the NK attempt. Thoughts fonti?

17. fontisian

I assumed that was the case, if you look at my possibility chart thingy. Since you think I'm town and I have a potentially troublesome ability for scum, I expect to die tonight. I think we should take advantage of the time we have to convince Kalas to target Sesc or Ash, so ending day now is a terrible idea and I'm more suspicious of Ash for suggesting it.

I was also looking at votes to see if anything stuck out:

Day 1
    Gambit (7): Doctor Whooves, Ash, Fontisian, Castiel, AngelRick, Dovaekiin, Sesc
    AngelRick (4): LochNess, Vesvius, Kensington, Rapscallion
    Doctor Whooves (1): Uncle Stojil

Day 2
    AngelRick (6): Doctor Whooves, LochNess, Vesvius, Castiel, Rapscallion, Sesc
    Rapscallion (2): AngelRick, Fontisian
    Doctor Whooves (1): Uncle Stojil
    Abstaining (1): Ash

Day 3
    LochNess (5): Uncle Stojil, Rapscallion, Sesc, Fontisian, Ash
    Rapscallion (2): Castiel, Doctor Whooves
    Abstaining (1) LochNess

Day 4
    Castiel (3): Kalas, Fontisian, Rapscallion
    Kalas (1): Sesc
    Abstaining (3) Ash, Castiel, Doctor Whooves

On two of the three days Castiel and Lochness were both alive, they split their votes which leads me to believe that the third scum would have also done some vote splitting. On day 2, Castiel, Lochness and Sesc all voted for Angelrick, while Ash abstained. Thus Ash is more likely to be part of the scum team than Sesc, from that bit of information.

I don't have much experience with online voting patterns. So, how likely do you all think it is that all three scum would vote for a towny on day 2 like that?

Ash: Give me some reasons you think Sesc is scum besides the obvious process of elimination.

Sesc: Do the same for Ash please.

---------- Post automerged 11-06-2012 at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-05-2012 at 09:57 PM ----------

We have one hour left and Kalas' target will probably decide the game. If you have anything to say at all, please say it now. You may not get another chance.

18. Ash

Oh, hey, DLP is back up.

I have nothing else to say, I really don't know what I could say to Kalas to convince him of my innocence. We'll see what happens come morning....

19. Eidolonic

Day Six Ends!

The streets of Gotham are quite empty.

Not many Villains, and almost no sign of the Bat.

Perhaps tomorrow will bring a sight of him? Yes...tomorrow.

No one has been lynched!

Day Seven will begin in roughly 24 hours!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  20. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

FillerFillerFiller