1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #3 - Randomness

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I was actually trying to buddy Kalas to get you to vote for him.

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah, but I thought that my watch over the thread was enough to dissuade from quickhammers.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

We coordinate in our QT and used the day timer to vote at the same time.

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Wait, you guys had daytalk?

:/

5. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator Notes!

Observer Chat:

http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/JjMPg5ttyUkmg

All personal and group quicktopics should be available in posts 2 through 7.

Regarding the setup:

Yeah, it was a low powered, but balanced setup. In a game this small, masons are very strong, as it's effectively two confirmed town, with no real way for the scum team to manipulate it. Cop can't check a godfather, be shot n1 or be chain roleblocked.

The one-shot untargetable was effectively a bulletproof - unfortunately he died without claiming, as he could have been another 'near confirmed town' that scum would not want to shoot. Once the rolecop died, at least.

The rolecop mafia side was neutered by, well - there being a lack of town power roles. It was effectively there to let them use up the 1-shot untargetable if/when Fen was forced to claim. If Fen played well and drew the NK, then it was a huge boon to town.

Regarding gameplay:

Town's ultimately downfall was completely disregarding the doctor claim being scum. The combination of claiming at the last possible second, lurking hard while being 'townfirmed', the dubious selection targets, and the 'roleblocked' claim on the last day should have sent up a ton of red flags.

If the mafia had a roleblocker (and the Doc was town), why would they have killed Riley? Especially when he flips Vanilla, so you know he wasn't rolecop'd as a power role.

I can understand not wanting to lynch a power role, but too many things added up by the end of the game to not lynch him.

Fontisian played fairly well, especially early in the game. Late game behavior was a little sketchy, but by that point, Sesc/Kalas/Moridin were all probably better targets from a 'Rubicon is town' perspective.

Sesc had the scum team pegged, until he ended up talking his way out of it. Trust your instincts a bit more - Bill Door/Rubicon/Fontisian was indeed, correct!

Town MVP - Sesc (although realistically no one truly deserved this one)
    Scum MVP - Fontisian

Other things:

And a huge thanks to Typhon and Prophylaxis for replacing in when it was extremely difficult to secure replacements! The game couldn't have gone on without you two, and would have been much less active/enjoyable, regardless of the outcome.

~Fin!

6. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Bah, I think I'd take the most worthless town award, if you give those. Well played to both of you and apologies to Sesc are in order, I think.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

"Prophylaxis should get the award for most useless Towny, or just flat out call him Scum!Town."

:)

8. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Yeah, there really is no Town MVP. I lost focus, and it was my own fault too, because in trying not to be too obvious an NK early on, I ended up being the next best Mafia suspect -- which distracted me what with defending myself and all and caused no one to put any stock in what I said when I did say something.

Oh well, lesson learned.

9. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Thanks to all for playing, and again - huge thanks to Typhon and Prophylaxis for replacing in.

I'll have another game signup up in a week or two - after finals, I'm sure interest might be a bit higher. Will be something a little bit different, too, I think!

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

One of the huge things for me going in favor of Rubicon were those early interactions.

Aaaaargh.

I'd also also like to extend the customary "comments on my play".

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Just going to link my last living post:
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=630438&postcount=146

Even before I got access to observer chat, it was obvious as all hell that Fontisian was scum when she made up almost her entire accusation post there.

Honestly was baffled that nobody else seemed to notice it at the time, or upon later review. C'est la vie, eh?

12. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Why didn't you claim one shot untargetable?

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Fen: You said that you thought Castiel was town, but never tried to start a different wagon. If I were town, I would have lynched you there. I actually did misread the part about you blaming Castiel (>_>), but the rest of it was legit.

14. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

So, eh. I like contributed to our victory and stuff...

>_>

Eh, who am I kidding. Really well played by Rubicon and Fontisian they really did all the work.

15. Sesc

fontisian doesn't get any more praise, because my qt is already far too full of it :p

Edit:
    And I totally stand by that [​IMG]

16. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

My streak of never being on the winning team continues.

17. Sesc

And THAT was a stroke of genius, by the way. I actually believed until just now it was something Eido had provided, because it fit so perfectly. It was the one thing that kept me from putting Rubicon 100% into Mafia territory.

18. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

Overarching lesson, from an obs point of view: Do not modgame. Closed setup + modgaming = epic fuckup. Assuming certain roles must be present is a terrible idea.

Also, sorry if I was a little mean in the obs qt. Most of my posts were right after marathon study sessions :v

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah. What the heck, I just /won/ a game back on my own forums because the town was modgaming, and they ended up concluding one of my scumbuddies confirmed town. :rolleyes:

I'll probably join the next game, the 72 hour day format is fairly interesting and I want to improve my game.

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    UUUUUURRRRRRGHHH. Good game scum. Way too many derps on towns end to bring a victory out of this.