1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #5 - Firefly Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Or wait, am I miscounting? Is it day 2 or day 3? I'm going nuts here. Eido, this is your fault.

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

So, are we no lynching or lynching Aekiel?

You're CCing Aekiel with the doc claim.

---------- Post automerged at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Sesc, give me some scum!Aekiel games to look through.

---------- Post automerged at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Man, something feels weird about that doc claim.

I really hope you aren't a godfather, Sesc.

3. Sesc

Well, it's not technically game breaking, because my attempts were limited, and Aekiel dies if the target is hit. And we had you and fontisian too. Eido might have been funny enough to include two protective roles.

And I had to look up Mafia!Aekiel too, lol. I don't think I played with him in that position before. If you look down the Forum, I found Vesvius' Are You A Werewolf? and on page 2 of the forums, Eido's Tiny Hunt 2; and as for Bill Door, he was Mafia in Mini Mafia 3.

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

[modgamehat]I find it hard pressed to think that Eido would include two protective roles, two JOATs, and a Desperado Daykiller with (what we've seen) relatively little scum power.

It's much more likely that Aekiel is pulling a Rubicon.[/modgamehat]

---------- Post automerged at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

I'm 75% sure I want to lynch Aekiel.

Is Bill Door always this bad as town or scum? I remember reading offhandedly in the end of Mini Mafia 3 that he was good as town.

5. Sesc

That's what I've been telling myself the last couple of days, and then I look at Bill Door's posts and go all urgh. This would be 100% easier if Bill Door had more useful posts to show for it. Under any sort of normal circumstances, lynching Bill Door would be fine, but with the Bodyguard claim, which hasn't been triggered on top of that, Aekiel looks at least as bad.

If you add the links I posted (Aekiel on Lungs, Aekiel rolefishing(?) for a doctor) plus Lungs' removal of his vote on Aekiel's lynch wagon on Day 1, when it was just gaining traction and could have been (at that time) seen as preventing his lynch (it was Lungs @ 3, Aekiel @4), there's quite a lot of evidence.

And then I look at Bill Door again and ... :s

I dunno, I thought he's okay-ish -- what set me off in this game was his lack of really engaging in scumhunting. There's his poking on Aekiel, which I btw still haven't understood, and that's basically it. I can't even remember if he stated any other suspicions. So yeah, what was that about, Bill Door?

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I'm willing to dismiss Bill Door as horribly playing town based on the other games I've played with him. I feel like I would have caught him already if he was scum.

Plus vote count analysis "proves" that Aekiel is scum (lol@6town all in a row on a townie wagon)

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I did state other suspicions. I said at the start of day 2 that I thought two of BMF, Aekiel and Caesar/jwlk were the remaining scum and frankly I was right.

8. Sesc

I had to look that up, and you're right. But the fact that I didn't even remember it is exactly the point. It's so ... passive. There were hardly any follow-ups. You just rolled with the flow. Didn't you have that much time to play Mafia or something? I dunno, maybe this is just my feeling.

And I can get behind lynching Aekiel. I only will feel like the greatest derp ever if Bill Door quietly played himself to victory.

9. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

It was a combination of the flow going in the way I wanted it to and not really having a chance to do much more. On day 2 three I wanted to wait until after all the roleclaims to vote and by the time I would have voted there were already three votes on BMF and I didn't want to add a fourth to risk someone quickhammering for whatever reason. Then on day 3 I made one tiny post at like 2am before I went to bed, then by the time I woke up the day was over.

10. Sesc

Hm. Well.

When did you want to decide, Prophylaxis? Still tonight, or tomorrow before the deadline? Right now, I don't think I have any new arguments for either, but if you didn't want to finish this tonight because you still want to check or think about stuff or wait for Aekiel, I'd go to sleep.

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

How much time do we have left?

I'll wait for Aekiel's response, and I'll place my vote in the morning, I guess.

Maybe sooner.

12. Sesc

If I have it right this time around, 20 1/2 hours.

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Yeah, sure.

Wait for Aekiel to levy the accusations against him, then if his response isn't adequate, lynch him.

Kinda just want to get it over with and hammer him, but I'd be remiss if I didn't give Aekiel one final chance.

14. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah fuck it. I can't really argue against this much evidence, though I think I made a good attempt.

I'm scum. Specifically Adelei Niska, the scum JOAT. My abilities were a roleblock (hi Proph!), a redirect (which would have worked to make Sesc look like scum if Proph had actually went ahead and checked him when he was supposed to) and a rolecop (hi again Proph!).

Vote Player: Aekiel

Definitely not my best game, but I got in a few good moments. I still have no idea how I managed to convince Sesc that I was town, but I consider it a sign that I'm improving at this game. Also, it's a lot more fun playing closed set up as scum, and I definitely see what they meant in the last game that DLP relies on meta. I had no idea Lexicat was third party, even dismissing Jwlk's idea about it without thinking it through properly.

All in all, good game everyone. Except for Lungs. 12 hours on cookie clicker? Seriously?

15. Sesc

Uhhh ... wat? Why'd you just implode, Aekiel? :|

There was still a chance we were lynching Bill. Now I feel kinda cheated out of true victory.

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    Honestly, I couldn't think up anything to say in my defence. I put every last shred of bullshit I could into that last post. If I went any further I'd just be repeating myself.

17. Sesc

Bah, whatever.

Vote Player: Aekiel

I'm going to sulk and not explain to you what you did right when I pressed you either.

Edit @ your post: Deny, deny, deny. Then deny some more, and point again at Bill Door.

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    Heh, I'll just go through your QT and read for myself then. :p

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

:(

/tenchar

20. Sesc

There's nothing in my qt about you except for your bodyguard claim. This is because you played a good game. Which you just ruined :(

I want a new rule that Mafia self lynching is banned. That's totally not satisfactory.