1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    fonti - why does scum!dLGN get so upset that the d1 wagon reverted back to proph instead of lynching Jan?

---------- Post automerged at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

so why is rubicon mafia while kaidash is just a shitgoblin? if you're going to arbitrarily use a read on ONE PLAYER while you analyze and sort EVERYBODY else due to VCA (because fonti is technically clear to you because of her voting, too), then you'd better have a fucking good reason.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

He's on Rubicon D1 instead of piling on to Proph, and I kind of feel like fonti would have caught him if he's mafia since he's blatantly sheeping her. I wouldn't say he's clear, though.

---------- Post automerged at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Actually KaiDASH could be mafia if Rubicon is town I think?

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Prophylaxis (6): KaiDASH (#603), Fontisian (#633), Delphine (#707), dLGN (#712), Koalas (#727), Rubicon (#728)
    Rubicon (2): Newcomb (#697), Prophylaxis (#721)

Man that looks pretty bleh though.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Am I the only one that cares about the fact that Newcomb does not like myself or LochNess because we are neither on the mainwagon or counterwagon at EoD1, but ignores the fact that kai is not on either by moving him on my wagon (or he fucked up formatting).

And then he gives kai a freebee shitgoblin card for no reason.
    The thing is, that it was to obvious to be w/w, but it is such a shitplay that i would prefer some reasons to go with it.

Also up until the flashwagon formed at eod1 there was no 2nd wagon. unless you are mad for ppl not hammering early, you can be mad at everyone in the game because they were not able to try to get a second wagon going, which btw is shitplay if you are hoping to read into any votelogic.

Also a general problem this game for citrus. please keep a constant End Of Day, switching that stuff around every day is really bad for everyone involved and also fucks a lot with votes.

4. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    10 points for House Jan.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am fine with parts of your analysis, the kai thing is nothing short of bad play, and the the part about LochNess and me is just god awful, not the conclusion but the read.

Being upset that neither LochNess or myself are on the mainwagon during the day, when it would have put the wagon in hammer range, is clueless gaming deluxe.

Oh yeah and for an objective point of view,:
    You can put Newcomb in the 2-3 cluster with the other guys, outside of him clearing himself, there is no reason to clear him ofvca and stuff, i think.

6. Newcomb

Why are you guys nitpicking my VCA bullet points instead of looking at the overall picture / gamestate and drawing conclusions?

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    because you don't even use it well, imo

8. Newcomb

THEN DO YOUR OWN.

sheesh.

9. Story Content: Votecount 3.1
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Votecount 3.1

Official Votecount 3.1
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    dLGN (2): KaiDASH (#736), Fontisian (#741)
    kaiDASH (2): tn5421 (#737), Rubicon (#744)
    Rubicon (2): LochNess (#738), Newcomb (#748)
    Newcomb (1): dLGN (#757)

Abstain/No Vote (2): Jan (n/a), Delphine (n/a)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to soft lynch. If 7 votes are placed on a single player, a hard hammer will occur and day will immediately end.

Day 3 ends in 67 hours: Day end

10. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    no, I don't find it as useful as you do.

but if you are going to use more forced emphasis to call rubicon obviously mafia it's not a good look to both

1. not have a reason when immediately asked multiple times
    and
    2. instead begin to talk about the world in which rubicon is actually town and the other shitgoblin kaidash is mafia

because yeah, it's so obvious that it's actually a completely empty accusation.

---------- Post automerged at 17:24 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

also, I'm home!!

i'm hungry af and need to take care of my dog but I am around for the night and super amped to lynch some fucking mafia ^_^

11. Newcomb

dLGN if you're town I don't know who I'm going to be more angry at postgame, you or me.

12. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I am town and am completely fine with you and everybody else being upset with me. Someone is very likely going to be.

13. Newcomb

You shouldn't be - I don't play mafia to get angry at people; it's not gone well in the past.

Rubicon is obviously mafia because he's on Proph at the tail end of multiple wagons and he was the counterwagon to town D2, btw.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Because I am unsure about the gamestate, and you are doing really weird shit and i would like to know why.
    And bullet points should be the part about your vca that are actually bulletproof and not the vague part of it.

Your overall picture is that you believe fonti is town for reasons stated, and kai is town for .. nothing.

that leaves .. everyone else.

Well scum!Newcomb would put one of his partners in the big group and one would be in the other group, he lynches through the big group, sacrifices his partner if need be and wins the game right there.

I agree that Rubicon is likely scum for another reason that i saw during the night :

Rubicon wanted to lynch Prof d1, so far so good.
    Wagon on me builds up, he says that he would hammer if need be, but wants prof dead.

Then this happens :
    So then the first ppl switch over to proph and this happens :

With this he basically forces a no lynch, which is always the worst outcome for town. (He voted at xx:59 - no way town moves back on me at that time)

I would like to hear Rubicons motivation for moving his vote that late, because forcing a no vote is never the right move as town, even if it looks good on the surface because a town survived instead of dying (which we know after lynching said person the following day, giving scum a second nightkill)

Vote : Rubicon

I have more thoughts on that matter, but this should be a good start to maybe get something going beyond mechanics/vote talk.

15. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    i'll continue this soon. I think it'll be useful. brb.

---------- Post automerged at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:37 ----------

interesting catch by jan in the context of this explanation... he was completely aware of the switch back to proph and hence the "YES THANK YOU" post and yet switched after that forcing no lynch...

---------- Post automerged at 17:54 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

to be fair I said upset. i'm fine with people being upset. it happens. you get a read, you believe it, and you roll with it. mistakes happen. angry, nah. I don't stay angry. but if you do hopefully that is minimized.

i just don't understand why that reason is necessarily mafia. mafia are going to try and appear town. we're all (probably, idk for sure) decent players. who is going to do something that is lazy, considered a scumtell to people playing the game, and otherwise easily avoidable? to make THAT the reason why someone is mafia, rather than analyzing their perspective, their thoughts on players / the gamestate, etc. is just downright bad imo.

VCA is just silly to me. you're playing this forum mafia format where people post at length from their perspective and rather than analyze their tone, their pov, their analyses, their questions/follow-up, etc. you're choosing to ignore that and call a player mafia for being late to the party on a town lynch. that's just... boring. I see deeper analysis in your average EM game ffs.

yes, it's a tool. a starting point. but if you don't couple it with something that shows me you know a damn thing about what either rubicon or kaidash has even done this game, what either of them has thought about this game, ANYTHING... I don't know how you expect me to take you seriously let alone read you as town.

---------- Post automerged at 18:02 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

also while I make "too bad to be mafia" reads myself, idk if this is the proper place to say that. kai has townread newcomb. there has been very little poking or testing between the two, it just happened and was accepted and hasn't wavered. that is the more concerning part that is just emphasized by the fact that he writes off analyzing him in that VCA post.

like, we're talking about a player who was suggesting fonti could be bussing prophylaxis and wouldn't necessarily be clear even with a scum prophylaxis flip. LIKE, PLEASE. now you're clearing fonti because she wanted to flip to Jan at the EOD despite the town proph flip, and you're clearing kaidash for being a shitgoblin and are totally unconcerned that he may be pocketing you?!?

GTFO.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote: Rubicon

Jan's catch is really good.

dLGN and Newcomb should stop fighting. Newcomb: dLGN was right there with me for all of the push off Proph and onto Jan. dLGN: Newcomb's paranoia is indicative of his townplay, his read on Delphine made sense and was good, and he's pushing on likely mafia over you.

I want to know why Kai is voting for dLGN.

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I think he is more likely town than mafia but this is the only way I am going to be able to get out of my tunnel. I read people better in interactions and with pressure. That's what this is.

I think I am wrong on one of you (fonti), newcomb, or delphine and I still think it's least likely to be delphine, despite some oddities here and there. going to respond to her post after I eat dinner now.

I take it that by moving your vote your read on me has changed but you continuing to ignore questions I and others ask you isn't super helpful, fonti. I'm dropping it but not exactly by choice. Would be frustrating to lose to, but that part is more on me for letting it go. w/e.

18. Newcomb

Let's play a game called "who out of these votes genuinely believes Proph could be scum?"

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Never thought you were mafia, dude.

Wanted a reaction from you and Kai, since I'm super out of the game, and was hoping that would help, but then the Rubicon thing happened and I got impatient.

20. Newcomb

So your stance is that I'm terrible at mafia and should probably stop playing, got it. VCA is definitely the first time I've ever mentioned having a problem with Rubicon's play this game, and I certainly didn't vote for him yesterday or develop a case on him D1, you're completely right.

Hint: if you continue to knock me for nitpicks while failing to take into account the big picture, I might just tunnel you until one of us is dead, so back the fuck off.