1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Actually, Newcomb, I changed my mind.

How are these said differently? They're both townreads sans explanations.

---------- Post automerged at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

Like I'm okay with the first part, but I don't get where you're coming from with the second part.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

2nd part = if I see someone posting a naked townread and I don't even have an inkling as to why, the real question isn't why they have that read - although that matters, but like, you know there's an explanation. It's not like you're going to catch someone going "I think X is town." "Why." "OH FUCK I HAVE NO IDEA."

So it's not "why that read" - it's "why post it naked at all, when you know you're going to get called on it?"

So like, in dLGN's case - did he want reactions? Is it kind of a DM mindset playstyle thing? Or is it an actual read, and if so, does that actual read kind of mesh with an "a-hah, this guy's town!" Moment of Brilliance (tm)?

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You do realize that half of his gifs actually transport information, right?

The other half are open lolcatting, which is fun.

4. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

I don't look into GIFs for info unless they are post restricted to do such. I read them all but I don't really consider it like that.

I mean some of them are funny and amusing but trying to read into them is not something I want to spend time doing.

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I don't understand your response.
    Unvote ; Vote: Jan

Why do you believe that an SK is in this game?

Moreover, you have "slight scum leans" on Delphine and you think Newcomb is the SK. Why aren't you voting either one of them?

---

Snowvon: It's the type of paranoid reaction that would pop into a townie's mind, but would require thought for scum to fake. Given that (I believe) this is Storm's first game, I'm inclined to believe the former.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I don't think I follow.

You said you were questioning the way that dLGN worded his post, and Proph essentially used the same wording, but you didn't poke him about it because you understood the town!Storm read. But. We're talking about the wording, not the reads. So??

---------- Post automerged at 21:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

What reaction? Asking for a link to the game you mentioned?

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

The "just promise to not lie to me" reaction.

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hi Loch. Let me know if you still feel that way in like ten pages.

I've been excellent. I've been putting all the time I usually spend playing mafia working instead. Which has its pros and cons.

And I also skimmed one of your scum games on MS recently. It was unsettling.
    The Storm, is this your first game?

9. Newcomb

I took a pretty good beating in that game with regard to scumread accuracy. I self-diagnosed a confirmation bias problem where I'd get a bad vibe, see a few things, and kind of spiral off that even though I was aware of the possibility of a bad tunnel.

Thus, not doing that this game. This game I focus on townreads, split the game into town and not town, and don't force scumreads. I noticed an "I want to scumread you" vibe from your first few posts. I am consciously not engaging with it, internally, and keeping you at null. Back to basics. Make a towncircle, lynch outside it.

10. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I enjoyed this far more than I expected to.

11. Rubicon

While entirely reasonable, this doesn't really explain why you're not voting him.

12. The Storm

The Storm Muggle

I have one other game that is ongoing but that's it. So I would say yes? I watched a lot so I have an ok grasp on what I am doing.

Fun fact: it took me a minute to figure it out.

13. Newcomb

We're talking about wording and reads. Proph's wording implied something self-evident, and maybe Proph pointed it out that fast because he already knew, and if so, he needs to be left alone and monitored to see if he follows up with it on his own. It's like. If Proph is scum and he handed out a too-easy townread, then before everyone dogpiles on and goes "yep Storm is town," I want there to be a moment for Storm to say "why are you townreading me?" or for Proph to revise/expand the read without being prodded, or, idk, something. But now it's like, well, that moment has kind of passed us by.

Whereas dLGN's wording also implied something self-evident but my reaction to that was just "wtf are you even talking about."

---------- Post automerged at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

It's the third panel that really seals it, IMO. The expressions.

---------- Post automerged at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

No votes without intent to kill.

14. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    snowvon's line of questioning is excellent, have him as solid town

---------- Post automerged at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:36 ----------

I kind of did want a very specific reaction from it, too, but I weighed filling you in as more important than ignoring you and waiting to see if I got said reaction. Ah well.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

How about because he hardclaimed it. Why don't you just read the thread?

You might have missed it, hidden between bad jokes, but i also read dLGN slightly scummy for his early townread on me out of nowhere. (My 2nd point in that post i think)
    Why do you think i should change my vote from one slight scum lean to another?

16. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Jan- The read on me is bad for several reasons, though I don't think it's scummy of you necessarily.

Snowvon- my QT is >5000 words rn. Are you keeping up?

I'm not sure what to make of you saying you don't know anyone. I thought you had played with almost half the player list? http://imgur.com/JbHIAkA is my estimate of who-has-played-with-who about as simply as I can, though I'm sure I'm a little wrong. Dark green = at least a couple of games together, light green = less than that but some experience. Dark blue = lots of video mafia, light blue = a little. Purple = BFFs.

How do you expect your activity level to be this game? What's the most interesting thing that's happened so far?

You decided on this approach like >90% before you got your role PM then, yeah?

I'm surprised you thought that that was a serious comment and it sorta bothers me; can you explain?

Reaction from who?

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Newcomb

How did that moment pass by?? It was on the same page.

._.

I feel like I'm making a bigger deal out of this than it really is but. Hngh.

---------- Post automerged at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------
    Delphine

I am not. I have a good reason for slacking though!

---------- Post automerged at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:44 ----------

Also your chart is beautiful.

---------- Post automerged at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

Also I agree with you w/r/t Prophylaxis taking the SK comment seriously.

18. Rubicon

Dear lord.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

You've fooled me in two games back to back. Why would I /not/ want to scumread you? :p

This feels genuine to me, though.

Someone should vote me so we can do fun wagon analysis stuff later in the game.

I have no idea who those two characters are since I'm a fish out of water when it comes to Star Wars.

I missed you reading dLGN as slightly scummy, though.
    I've noticed that being the first person to mention neutrals often leads to scum.

It also surprises me that you spent all that time making the chart.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am interested in the Prophylaxis wagon getting a fifth vote.

Especially if it's a scum vote.