1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The wheels on the bus
    go round and round, round and round.
    All through the mafia.

---------- Post automerged at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Deadline approaches
    Newcomb should vote Jan or Kai
    should vote Lochness soon.

---------- Post automerged at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Kai showing up and
    posting without hammering
    would be pretty nice.

---------- Post automerged at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Stress stress stress stress stress
    Stress stress stress stress stress stress stress
    Stress stress stress stress stress.

2. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Most annoying posts ever

---------- Post automerged at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Also the vote count is wrong

3. fontisian

Citrus probably
    didn't see your vote change, as
    the timestamps are close.

4. LochNess

Yeah I figured. It's so if anyone playing glances at that for an update they will know

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Mod notes: Vote Count has been corrected

6. LochNess

Thanks Citrus

---------- Post automerged at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Also heads up, if anyone decides that they are intereseted in changing their mind.. I am going to see a 7 30 movie. It is 1 hour 36 minutes long, plus add trailers for 20 minutes so I won't be on from 7:30 to 9:30 basically. (My time, and the deadline is 11pm my time)

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm going to require either a hammer of Jan or a hammer of Loch. We're not soft-lynching; if I'm wrong on the Jan/Loch -> Loch/fonti -> Jan/fonti probability one of them can just unvote No Lynch and win.

If KaiDASH isn't around to switch I guess we can hammer Jan.
    KaiDASH you around?

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I can tell you that I am not here any longer.

GG, hope we win. I have to go to sleep now because i am moving on friday and it is already 30 minutes past midnight.

See ya on the other side, i hope.

9. Newcomb

Deadline's in 4 hours.
    LochNess switch to Jan.
    fontisian are you going to be around EoD?

---------- Post automerged at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

Wait, nm, Loch is already on Jan.

10. fontisian

Here. Would like to give
    Kai the chance to hammer Loch
    to have things on Lock.

11. Newcomb

Okay so, if we lose I'm probably not going to do heavy postgame commentary for, uh obvious reasons.

I'll just lay out for town mocking me in Obs why I'm doing this.

1. I went through a whole series of "what does Kai have to gain by reacting to my fakeclaim in all worlds" thing, and I concluded that as scum, him taking that route is silly and strictly EV unless it's exactly Kai/fonti.

2. I discarded Kai/fonti because if that's the team, then fonti chose to play my gambit one way (as a gambit, trying to react as if she's town and "helping" me by acting town, and then Kai 100% believes my gambit and just outs their actual team? I just... can't see that ever.

3. So, taking Kai as town to the bank, I'm left with Jan/Loch, Jan/fonti, or Loch/fonti.

4. For the way they've gone after each other toDay, and for fonti trying to get Jan speedlynched, I think that pair is unlikely, strictly because the effort both of them have gone to toDay to attack each other is pretty ??? when they already had the game in the bag because Kai/Loch were set on polarizing worlds.

5. It gets a little dicey here, but again, fonti/Loch had it, uh, on lockdown and all fonti had to do was "come around" on Kai/Jan and that would be the game right there. Her swatting it down and rejecting is just... I mean, she does have to sell a believable world, but... this one's possible I guess.

6. Loch/Jan was the PoE dlGN and I decided on earlier, and I think the game has maybe gotten a little "can't see the forest for the trees" for me, so I kind of just want to stick to what we had and play it out.

7. I also think that Kai and fonti have had more reasonable-sounding arguments toDay, in terms of actually thinking about the game, whereas Jan and Loch are more AtE and "I'd never do X as scum". This is confirmation bias a bit, since as town they'd see me leaning this way as kind of autoloss anyway so why bother? but like. It's a Thing.

Anyway, that's my reasoning. I do have a really strong gut feeling that I'm missing something, or there's a big flaw in my thinking, but, /shrug, endgames, man.

Let's do this. Ready for it to be over for sure.

---------- Post automerged at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------
    fontisian if KaiDASH doesn't show up, vote for Jan at ~1 hour before deadline.

12. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I awaken.

Not fussed on who we lynch here so...

13. Newcomb

Oh, good.

Well, don't slow-roll me at least. Vote and reveal.

14. KaiDASH

vote lochness

15. Newcomb

...and?

...AND??

16. Story Content: Game Over
    Citrus

Citrus First Year

Game Over

Please stop posting, a HARD LYNCH has occurred.

Final Vote Count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    LochNess (3): Newcomb (#1590), Jan (#1593), Fontisian (#1598), kaiDASH (#1614)
    Jan (1): LochNess (#1599)

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to soft lynch. 4 votes will result in a hard hammer.

LochNess has been lynched!

GAME OVER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The emperor has finally arrived to the Death Star. Rumor has it the Rebellion is about to make its attack. And now, another culprit has been seized and executed. LochNess's body is hauled up, while in the shadows...

Lochness has been lynched! She was the Town Vanilla Stormtrooper.

The following players have successfully reached end-game:

Newcomb, the Empire Stormtrooper
    kaiDASH, the other Empire Stormtrooper
    Fontisian, the LUKE SKYWALKER 1-SHOT BULLETPROOF
    Jan, the LEIA ORGANA 2-SHOT ROLEBLOCKER

The lights dim, and when they come back Newcomb and kaiDASH lay dead. It seems without a majority, they are unable to repel the rebellion! The rebellion infiltration has been a success! They escape from the Death Star as the count down to its destruction begins...

2... (a lone ship is seen zooming away, the Emperor firmly safe)

BOOM

The Scum Rebellion Wins!

Congratulations to Fontisian, Jan, and Rubicon!

Quicktopic collection: http://www.quicktopic.com/share?s=sxwVkjURhZ4g

Awards Ceremony:

The winner of the OP PLEASE NERF award goes to...Fontisian!
    -For maintaining a relatively solid town-read from pretty much EVERYONE for the ENTIRE game

The winner of the Digging-a-hole award goes to...Newcomb!
    -For numerous mentions of clearing both scum AND pairs of scum and betting the game on it over and over

The winner of the derpy mod award goes to...Citrus!
    -For accidentally calling a dead neighbor a Mason: full story, the setup originally called for "unconfirmed masons". I changed the role name to neighbor to avoid confusion, and then proceeded to forget I had done that when trying to night/day transition on a random iMac in an Apple store

The winner of the best QT award goes to...Delphine!
    -'nuff said just go read it :p

The winner of the X-ray vision award goes to...the scum-team!
    -For managing to shoot a Town PR with EVERY night shot.

The winner of the Promiscuous Poster award goes to...dLGN!
    -For having the most posts as of Night 4, even when accounting for other players dying earlier on

The winner of the Recursion award goes to...Snowvon!
    -For making a QT to place inside of his QT for his votals notes

The winner of the I TOLD you so award goes to...Prophylaxis!
    -For calling that any Fontisian that lives to end-game without chain-lynching scum is a scum!Fontisian

The winner of the just-in-the-nick-of-time award goes to...tn5421!
    -For replacing into a slot with hours notice, preventing the game from going on hold

The winner of the WIFOM award goes to...Rubicon!
    -For managing to continue to confuse reads with his posts well into his grave after his public flip had occurred

The winner of the best gambit award goes to...Fontisian!
    For setting up an almost blitz-lynch on Jan Day 1 which basically locked the scum-team into a victory, more-or-less

The winner of the One-With-The-Mod award goes to...Jan!
    For realizing the most RP names - specifically, that he and Fontisian are Luke and Leia.

The winner of the Self-Aware award goes to...Newcomb!
    For calling out himself in his quicktopic for a lot of his gambits, surrepitiously predicting how things actually were even though he didn't believe it half the time

The winner of the best reads award goes to...Prophylaxis!
    For having the most accurate reads at some point in the game (though he unfortuantely didn't push those ones enough, and then couldn't because he died!)

The winner of the GUYS-I-DID-SOMETHING award goes to...kaiDASH!
    For being instrumental in the only scum-lynch to occur this game

Any suggestions for good awards beyond this post will be appended in, so feel free to nominate others/yourselves now that we're in post-game!

MVP!Scum: Fontisian!
    This is pretty easy to call. Successful hard-distancing from scummates, hardcore townread all game, pocketing solid/active players, not dying, gambiting, etc.

MVP!Town Vanilla:
    I had a bit of trouble with this one. I'm giving it to Newcomb for A) not getting mislynched/being townread B) continuously trying to solve the game throughout C) being the closest to solving the game. Runner up is Kai for his push on Rubicon

MVP!Town:

MVP!Overall:

I'm going to try something fun from my home-site (literally one of the only good things about it). Anyone may vote for MVP town and MVP overall, and I'll award those in a few days or a week depending on how many votes there are and if someone is way in the lead or not. SO

MVP!Town: ???
    MVP!Overall: ???

MVP!Town
    Delphine (1/3): Rubicon
    dLGN (1/3): Rubicon
    Newcomb (1/3): Rubicon

Vote by saying in green and bold "Vote Town MVP X" and "Vote Overall MVP Y" from here on out.

And good game, everyone :)

---------- Post automerged at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

The game-thread is now open to posting for all user accounts. Please don't forget to vote for MVP!Town and MVP!Overall!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  17. Newcomb

Heh. GG WP fonti, Rubicon, Jan

[​IMG]

18. KaiDASH

[​IMG]

i did it

19. Delphine

Delphine First Year

IRC after party at some point??

20. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    lmao love it.

Congrats fonti, Jan, and Rubicon!! Very well played!

Had fun everybody, thanks for making it a fun experience. Feel like I learned a lot about all of you in the process and that's why I play ^_^

Thank you very much to Citrus for making it all possible and keeping it together over the holidays by any means necessary to post haha!