Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.
I heard these guys have a vacancy.
Oh right, yeah. Thanks for hosting, Citrus!
Good game, scum team. I definitely don't blame anyone for my mislynch, I definitely did a poor job of defending myself Day 1 and I think the no lynch stumbled us into confusion. That was definitely a sticky situation, with a lot of unknown variables. fontisian played a phenomenal game (getting rolled by her three times in a row? I'm bad), Jan did a good job at making reasonable sounding posts on reread, and Rubicon did good work making everyone look bad by interactions. Major props there.
I do wish that people didn't clear each other off of -EV scum plays, since I just spent months doing that in my only good scum game to date (defending townies, repeatedly advocating lynch on my scum buddy) and we crushed the town there, while font did it to Jan Day 1 and they crushed us here. Sometimes, scum just intentionally don't play by the book so they can get townread, and I saw a lot of that happening this game.
I'd definitely be down for an IRC after-party. Pick a time someone (oh wait I'm the mod).
Say in 40 minutes so at the top of the next hour, as people trickle in? Not sure what IRC to use. If everyone's cool with DLP's IRC we could just go find channel #minimafiagameover or something like that
I think part of what got me the early townreads was seeing where people were starting to lean with their reads, and then beating them to a post expressing those reads.
prefer not DLP irc.
Globalgamers IRC? A la https://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=globalgamers
Could still do #minimafiagameover for the channel
That was the fonti/newcomb interaction fmpov and I was worried I was giving one of you too much credit for it but it was really great how you didn't feel the need to explain it explicitly. Loved it.
Follow-up: A few of us are already on IRC, so jump in whenever you can if you'd like!
Thanks for modding Citrus!
I remember fonti mentioned the "switch onto a partner when it's too late to matter" gambit in a post here once. Can't find it now.
Town MVP: Three way tie between Newcomb, Delphine and DLGN. All three came close to figuring us out as some point.
rubicon dude you went to the wrong channel
Thanks for hosting the game Citrus! I had a lot of fun. Was very rusty but it got me in the mafia mood by the end of it even if I was wayyy off! Great job players and all the scum, you played very well.
A few things from my perspective :
1. The game was more or less over the moment Delphine and dLGN outed/had to out, because we knew with my roleblock we can always can drive the storyline in our favor and we get enough nightkills so that there was never any question about fonti being alive this late.
2. I was really troubled when Fonti made her push on me at the End of Day 1. I woke up with 20 minutes left in the day, and knew that there is no way i would go into the thread, because the moment i do, i will be forced to claim and might die for it.
Fonti got really lucky that proph gave her a reason to get them off me, or her whole spiel would have backfired, because it completly went out of control at that point.
3. The last day was just fonti being that sure of our position int the game, that she went hard ogi mode and mentioned things that she, if she had known them on earlier days, would have always brought up.
The fact that noone saw that she pulled out all stops to bus me on the last day, and gave up new information without any hesitation, while not giving that before, should have rung some alarm bells.
We got lucky it didnt cost us the game.
4. LochNess was super town all game, and it is funny that she did the same steps i did a lot of the time, because I did not script it. I just tried to play as natural as i would as town, and for some reason several times this was the same play that LochNess did at the same time.
5. I am actually moving tomorrow and have benn really busy the last days .. and even more now, sorry for not playing to my fullest, that was not because i was scum. I was close to subbing out, but that would have been a dick move to sub out of a game the moment some pressure gets put on me.
Anyways .. fun game .. well played!
---------- Post automerged at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:17 ----------
tmi not ogi.
she had too much information on the last day.
Separate names with a comma.