1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Miracles of Ancient Wonder by Graveless - M - RWBY/Exalted

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Download, May 15, 2016.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Miracles of Ancient Wonder
    Author: Graveless
    Rating: M (?)
    Genre: Scifi, fantasy, darkfic (?)
    Fandom: RWBY/Exalted
    Pairings: Nil
    Summary:
    Link: Spacebattles

I don't normally put things up for review after only five chapters but I'm making an exception here. The story is straight away AU. The author has twisted RWBY slightly into something both mysterious and nefarious. It's gripping and I can't help but wait for more.

I've already had to completely re-evaluate what I expect certain characters to do because while on the surface they look like they're stock RWBY characters, little things feel deliberately wrong.

To be honest I didn't know it was a crossover until I went to make this thread and I still don't know what Exalted is - some sort of fantasy game?.

Provisional 4/5, might bump it up depending on how later chapters go.

2. bakkasama

bakkasama Seventh Year

I think it is a role playing game? I usually steer away from fics that crossess with it since the characters end up being overpowered. Like, it seems that one type of charácter is defined by having the power of being good at anything they try and a whole bunch of other powers, with another type being some kind of fate manipulator? Well, I will give it a try anyway.

3. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

Is this one of those exalted fics where they overtly state what kind of "charms" and such they get in the fic.

4. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

It's a fusion with the setting, there has't been any discussion of RPG mechanics in the story itself. I'm enjoying the story so far, but I think it's too soon to be up for review.

5. asterixgaul3112

asterixgaul3112 Squib

5/5

It's now at nearly 200,000 words with the author maintaining a consistent weekly update schedule since it began. Easily the best RWBY fanfiction there is in my opinion, in terms of quality of writing etc.

As another reader on SV said: