1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's all good, I'm glad you did it the way you did it, I'm just sorry it took your flip for me to be convinced in the end. I had my reservations through that point, and you were probably the weakest lynch that I supported in the game.

I also cannot believe that I survived and that we lynched correctly at last. I was preparing for another town flip haha.

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

When I died I guessed you were scum.

So probably not.

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Yes.

In my unbiased opinion.

---------- Post automerged at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

By unbiased I meant, for maximum entertainment value.

4. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Solid reads Miner, nice post.

And yes Waco let me see if I can find more for you real quick. Iso would make this so much easier grrr.

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I was rooting for that for maximum lulz.

GG town. Jan was so town D1, it was great.

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I guess part of it Waco was that von was like a very obvious anomaly to me, he was very different and I strongly agreed with Jan that it seemed like he was faking his early game fluff. But I come into the game and see that he's got several reasons down for why he's not active in the game and I know I am subbing into a slot that also doesn't have many posts, also has excuses to not be around, and I am town sooooo how the hell is the consensus wagon the mafia and I have 0 votes...?

It's really bad but I would be lying if I said that wasn't a bit of a factor in deciding to kinda avoid the von wagon immediately upon replacing in. So if I am kinda assuming von is town I'm looking for worlds of 2 that never exist and am just inherently forcing it unnaturally.

Also I thought I would be under immense pressure if I voted von and he was town so I thought it was best to just project town and contrarian reads can often accomplish that if you just feign a lot of confidence, so that was how I came out posting finally about you and rubicon.

But lemme still see if I can find that damn quote that pinged me.

7. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    Yay!!! We won!! Thanks town!dlgn town!quiddity town!zenzao and town!Rubicon for the carry!!! *is happy*

---------- Post automerged at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Sorry Quiddity, you probably can't see this either, but I probably wasn't in the right mood to play this game.

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Weren't you lynched D1 in the Filler game Q ran on here a couple years back?

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Your ratio of defense vs scumhunting. Too much defense will always get you lynched. (This is also probably the reason I wasn't lynched this game.)

And this is more nebulous, but you weren't really engaged with the thread conversation or other players as much as you usually are. Even when you don't post much, you usually have more interaction. Maybe this was because of time constraints, but it made me think you were acting different.

That said, you were actually super town for the last two hours before you were hammered. If you'd played like that for the rest of the game, I would never have voted you. By that point, I thought it was necessary in order to solve the game.

10. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Good game everyone! Was pocket'd so hard by tom D: Sorry to everyone I misread!

---------- Post automerged at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

"'Cause I think WH6 was /my/ first WH, and I definitely don't remember any Aria." :'( I remember you Von

---------- Post automerged at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Still hurt that tom was mafia, p sure he was my favorite player here.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Kinda kept up with this game, congrats to the town (and good job Vaimes and Tom regardless from what I saw skimming through)!

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Thats my move
    <3

13. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Agree with all of the quoted, especially with the bolded. I was convinced you were town and actually voted the mafia after your posting got me out of my sort of tunnel or inertia read on you.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Possibly. That might also have been the game where scum forgot two kills. In a five player game.

15. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    OK waco: it's not great but it was largely your interactions with Lyric (I think). The way I read things is I see an interaction between two people and generally weigh one as the victor (town) and the other some degree of scummy.

You had a lot of interactions with Lyric who was pretty pure town to me (and you also had them generally as a high townread too) but you pushed back and seemed pretty frustrated with their reads. It just read as possibly coming from a mafia trying to influence a town with a lot of pushback more than doing so to solve her alignment or otherwise.

In retrospect it's a bad read of it for several reasons, but that was my very very very quick gut reaction upon subbing in. I just latched onto like Lyric/Quid as townreads and looked unfavorably on those pushing that sort of general direction, without really appreciating exactly what/why it was happening.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=973709#post973709

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=973807#post973807

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=973961#post973961

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=973973#post973973

^That kind of series of posts, I think. They're pretty fair in retrospect. You just wanted Lyric to be reading things for the right reasons, as a town, to a town. My bad :(

16. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    ^ Yeah, sorry about that Waco :(

17. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    GG everyone. Glad we got it in the end.

WP to DLGN for that last day, and font for nailing Von and having the right legacy.

Not sure why Von surviving D1 was so impressive?

Mostly just pleased I didn't cost us a lynch and got myself townfirmed in the end. Was on both scum, I suppose, but didn't lead either.

Honestly, I posted a lot about it at the time,, Waco, and it was primarily attitude on the last two days.

18. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Eeeeyyy, gg all, fun read.

For the record, I totally called scum!tom.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Heh. I'd like to claim post of the game.

---------- Post automerged at 07:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

I would've straight up avoided the thread until 30 minutes before EOD and then killed tom.

I believe.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The hard part is calling town!tom!