1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mr. Lovegood Thinks by Aealket - T (One shot - HP/HG/LL)

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by bmatsea, Jan 1, 2008.

1. bmatsea

bmatsea Squib

Title: Mr. Lovegood Thinks
    Author: Aealket
    Rating: T
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: Humor / Parody
    Pairing: Harry/Hermione/Luna
    Summary: Based on the Dobby in Time idea from Rorschach's Blot What happens after Dobby comes back in time to help Harry Potter POV of Mr. Lovegood
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3978568/1/Mr_Lovegood_Thinks

This is one of the better harry gets rescued stories that i have read in a long time. Its told from Mr. Lovegood's POV and if you thought he was weird before this just proves it.

I give it a 4/5

2. Drajjen

Drajjen First Year

It was decent I suppose, at least as a once shot. I can't really be to much of a critic of the fic I guess.

I tend to like my Harry Potter fics, to actually have Harry Potter in them as a main character. Nothing wrong with it not being this way at all, it's just something I prefer.

So in essence, other than Harry not being involved hardly at all, it was decent.

3. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

frankly reading the dialog made me close the story in disgust.
    it can be fun reading a short fic written in a strange way to show luna or someone else, but this was simply too "messed up" to be a good read.

4. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

The fic is bizarre and nearly unreadable because of the way the author chose to tell the story. There are constant lists, inconsequential tangents, and impenetrable dialogue. Given that this was written from Mr. Lovegood's POV, a huge opportunity for comedy was missed.

It just didn't make any sense. 2/5

5. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Well this story was odd, and not in the good sense really. The lists could of easily been summed up in a few sentences, and were really pointless. I can understand the author was trying to be original with the way the author was going about it, but the originality in this case did not help the story.

This is definitely not Library worthy, and if it were improved then probably Recycle Bin worthy. However, until then, I give the story a 2/5.

6. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

having read the first two mini-stories from RB, I think that it not only makes perfect sense, but is also quite a good finish on an open ended fragment.

4.5/5

7. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

It's a somewhat interesting universe, if one reads Rorschach's Blot's snippets first and the sequel afterword to fill in the blanks. Otherwise I imagine the story looks like a gigantic cluster-fuck.

That being said, the unconventional narration, awkward shifts between PUVs, excessive clichés and the problems detailed above don't help this story in the slightest.

But the mechanics are rather solid, and I could read through the whole thing without forcing myself to pay attention.

I'm giving this 3/5, mostly due to Guilty Pleasure factor and AU Fanboyism. I'm honestly surprised that this thread wasn't deleted long before I wrote this post though.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010