1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

My idea for a Naruto story

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by LINKed up, May 19, 2006.

1. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Okay, so this one day when I was going to the eye doctors to pick up my glasses, I had an idea. The whole blind ninja shit has become over used, so I was thinking, what about a fingerless ninja? I have how Naruto became fingerless, even a probable explanation on why Kyuubi didn't step in. What I can't figure out how to do is how to have him learn to overcome it. Can I have some help fleshing out this idea?

2. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

How would he be fingerless?Wouldn't the medic be able to reattach his fingers if they were cut off...and I donno if you can be born with out fingers...if you can find a way for this to work then I'll read it.

3. LINKed up

Well, I was thinking that in a mission, team 7 goes up against some unexpected enemies, one of which is a medic ninja. The medic uses a special jutsu designed to incapacitate by severing the fingers of a ninja, dissallowsing them to use hand seals. The Kyuubi, being the evil demon it is, decides to not regenerate the fingers, instead decided to let Naruto deal with the incapatitaion, also believing that the crippling factor would make Naruto stronger if he overcame it. Also, the fingers were incinerated after they were separated, so a friendly would not be able to do anything. All I really need is a good way for Naruto to overcome the fact that he is fingerless and a way to actually use jutsu without the hand seals.

4. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

I'm sure you've read all the Harry Potter stories, when the wand movements arn't nessisary, just a focousing measure. You could probibly do that.

5. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

I don't know. As much as I like Naruto with a handicap, I think being fingerless would be stretching it. Maybe you can make him lose his ability to use one of his arms while fighting Kabuto?

As for suggestions for jutsus, maybe he can use his toes?

6. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Never really liked Handicaped Heros, no matter the series.

Fingerless is stretching it though. He would lose his ability to literally do anything. Eating, Drinking, Kunai throwing, Jutsus, Punching, Holding things.

Way to much stuff hed be unable to do.

7. LINKed up

Well, with the help of Syao, I've found a way around the fingerless thing. The chakra pathways in his fingers get damaged and severed beyond repair, making the hand seals useless for techniques because the chakra can't be molded via his fingers anymore, but he can still use his fingers for other things like eating, opuching, etc.

8. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

That sounds better, more believable. Any idea on how you're going to get the pathways damaged? Will they be completely gone or will Naruto be able to do some jutsus later on?

And I still think Naruto should learn to do jutsus with his toes ;)

9. LINKed up

Oh, I already have about six pages of story down on paper. Naruto will find a way around the damage, but I'm not going to spoil how. ;)

10. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Well thats a better solution. I just might read it then, since he has his fingers :p

It cant be as bad as that Mute!Naruto I read, could it?