1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

My Time

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by carvell, Dec 26, 2007.

1. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

Title: My time
    Author: xWALKINGDISASTERx
    Rating: M
    Genre: General/Adventure
    DLP Cat: Independent
    Pairing: Harry P. & Katie B
    Summary Differnet take on Fifth year. Harry is sick of being weak and being used. He finally decides to take control of his life. Independent HArry, manipulative Dumbledore, Voldemorts still evil, surprising new girl for Harry...Katie Bell.

Ok this fic might be a walkingdisaster but i posted it because of the rare pairing and the independence this harry is showing plus the rare pairing with Katie bell.
    To me it's not the best fic out there but worth reading.
    3/5

Link http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3783077/1/My_Time

I did check to see if this fic has been posted if it has Iam sorry and could a admin delete this thread.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2007
  2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not worth reading. Made of stupid.

1/5

3. afrojack

afrojack Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Tried it, got the Big Red X. Call me close minded, but this:

Ron stared at how much his friend had changed; Harry had grown nearly six inches leaving him only about four inches shorter than Ron. That was the least obvious change. Harry’s normally unkempt black hair was now short and spiked up in all directions. And after noticing that Ron saw the piercings. Harry had pierced both of his ears along with one of his eyebrows, and as his eyes continued taking in Harry, he realized he wasn’t scrawny anymore, and he wasn’t wearing his glasses either.

That summer Harry had decided he was going to be ready next time he was in a dangerous situation and was taking his life back, which meant not only training himself, but looking the way he wanted to. Hitting the gym all summer had given him a fair amount of muscle, but what stood out the most was what was on top of some of those muscles; on Harry’s right arm was a large tattoo of a black Hungarian Horntail breathing fire.

usually equals auto-phail in my book.

4. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The fic is just like the authors name.

The plot has been done to death, and even though it is nice to read the same plots even though they are in different wordings, this author lacks the ability to make the story interesting.

We do get to see Harry beat up Ron, but the way in which Harry drastically transforms overnight is stupid.

2/5 Dumbledore/Hermione/Ron Bashing, always good if it has some founding, but there is no reasonable motive why Harry should be hating Hermione here...Ron and Dumbledore is understandable.

5. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

6. Vegemeister

Vegemeister Seventh Year

No, it should be in the awesomely bad fanfiction thread.
    TeenAngst!Harry is one of the most unpleasant abominations I have ever encountered.

7. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

At first, I thought it was something like "My Immortal". With the 'X's at the user's penname, and the title... plus Harry becoming super tall, muscled, piercieng and tatoes (OMG... as in Oh My Goth!) it was exactly the right ingredients to make a My Immortal v2.

So, when I read the first chapter, I gotta admit that this story doesn't fail as much as I thought it would, yet it still fails.

8. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I laughed when I read this. It's so bad it's funny. But hey, we all start writing somewhere - 2 out of 5 from me.

I'm getting soft in my old age. ;)

9. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Am I to believe that you consider 21 old?

I give it a 1/5. I really mean it in that I give it not because I can't give a 0/5. There's a hint of good grammar, and it was amusing, but that probably had to do with Christmas' afterglow.

10. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Not impressed at all. Badass!Harry has been done so poorly so many times that I lost all hope for it a long time ago, which is a shame really, done right it could make for one hell of a fic.