1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto as Orochimaru's apprentice

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Crimson13, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

I've read some like that, either he's Itachi's apprentice or on a team with him. I have a few somewhere in my favorites but it'll take me awhile and I'm lazy/tired.

Jarik, did you find that one where Naruto becomes Otokage in your first post? I've been a bit bummed since I've made this topic regarding decent fics and anything decent would be nice right now.

2. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

A Voice in the Wind has Naruto as Itachi's apprentice. It's Naruto/Sakura and doesnt actually feature Itachi much especially at the beginning. It's fairly light on action and I remember a few things jarring with me early on but overall it's definitely above average. It's already in the library.

3. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Thaks for that. It looks like it is fairly lengthy so i'll have something to read for a while.

4. Captain Trips

Captain Trips High Inquisitor

All this talk about Danzo has made me want to see Naruto as his apprentice.

5. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

There's a reason you haven't. Mostly because you've seen Sai, and that's just about all any apprentice of Danzo is going to be. If anything, Naruto'd be worse as his conditioning would be far more important to Danzo. And honestly, that's just not a good read. A protagonist that's essentially a golem just isn't interesting.

6. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

One way to do it would be to make Naruto obedient but not emotionless; he'd still care and show positive emotions. This would provide inner conflict because he's not what he's supposed to be like and knows it.

7. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

The problem with that is it directly contradicts canon and Danzo's character. Danzo's huge on the emotionless robot ninja thing, enough so to halve his available forces specifically to achieve that end. He's not going to let his most valuable weapon run around without the same or more conditioning as the rest of his troops.

You'd have to invent some reason why conditioning Naruto would be a bad thing for Danzo/Konoha, or massively alter one of the central tenants of the character, and if you're doing that, there's not really a point in using Danzo is there?

I'm sure a talented author could do it justice, but the vast majority would fail miserably. I've actually seen a handful of fics that try exactly this idea, and it's never executed well (the most egregious I can recall being Sealed Kunai by Kenchi618).

8. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

He can try but it doesn't mean it will work and something like that would take time. Depending on when Naruto comes into Danzo's tutelage, it's workable.

Not sure why I'm discussing since DanzoTraining!Naruto doesn't interest me in the slightest. :sherlock:

9. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

Somehow this went from OrochimaruApprenticeNaruto to talking about Danzo and Itachi taking Naruto in. A bit hypocritical of me since I kinda help it along but whatever.

I really don't mind, I'd just like for someone to throw a story or 2 about the topic my way every now and then. Saying that, carry on. It is entertaining to read.

10. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

There was a decent, lengthy fic about Naruto being picked up by ROOT. Danzo doesn't condition him because he's keeping it secret from Sarutobi, and making him an emotionless tool would raise eyebrows.

Rather he has him trained in secret, with the promise of making him stronger to protect the village.

I'll find it when so get home.

11. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Well, what's the name? Don't leave us hanging.

12. Antix_Shadows

Antix_Shadows First Year

That sounds like what "The Sealed Kunai" should have been.

Sorry, could someone remove this post? I didn't notice it get mentioned a few posts back. Again, I apologize for the stupid post.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  13. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

I think you have to be a moderator to remove posts. Doesn't bother me any, so your fine.

14. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Okay, what the hell. I just went through all my bookmarks and tried to find one talking about a summary about Naruto getting picked up by Danzo. Couldn't find it. Tried it again. No luck. Tried googling some terms. Nothing.

Finally, I decided to randomly open a fic that I was wondering about and it's the one I'm thinking about!

Breaking Boundaries by calatrava

The utterly bizarre thing here is its a BLEACH crossover (which is why I looked over it). What is even more bizarre is from memory, and from skim reading this, I can't see ANY evidence of Bleach in this at all. I think the extent of the crossover may be limited to him eventually getting a zanpakutou.

But yeah, Naruto gets picked up and inducted into Ne pretty early on.

15. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Nah, bro. There's plenty of Bleach in there. Urahara, Isshin and Yoruichi show up in the first chapter, Urahara becomes a recurring character and we see some events take place in Soul Society.

Also, as a prewarning, that story is YMMV.

16. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Huh. Maybe my mind just selectively removed all the Bleach parts. Or I'm getting old (only read it last year...).

Either way though, the main character is still Naruto, and the universe is still mainly focused around the Naruto one. (Unless you want to correct me there too). =P

17. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Weellll...no, you're right.