1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Beta-Readers

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Asgard, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Asgard

Asgard Squib

Is anyone, or can anyone recommend a good/active beta-reader for the Naruto section? I've been going through lists on FFnet and so far most of the betas there are inactive accounts with stories from 2001-5.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I'd suggest you make use of our Work-By-Author (WbA) section. I linked you to the "Misc" sub-forum, which is where a Naruto story would go.

3. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

WbA is your best bet, just post the story there, unless you're REALLY not sure about it, in which case, you might want to just pick someone on DLP who has an active Naruto story and PM them with your first chapter. I'm sure they'd give it a once-over and give you some feedback.

4. Asgard

Asgard Squib

Thank you, but I have to ask. What would be the difference between simply putting this on the Other Fandom review board and putting it on WbA? I imagine that the review board is a tad more critical.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

There is a HUGE difference in the two.

WbA exists to help the Author improve their story. It acts more or less like a beta-reader, where members will point out issues and assume that you will fix them before posting it anywhere (if you agree that they are issues).

Stories are put on the Review Board to be... judged, more or less. It will decide if the story is of sufficient quality to go into the Library. The purpose of feedback there is to simply say what you think of the story, NOT primarily to help the author.

6. Asgard

Asgard Squib

Thanks. I'll be submitting a few chapters there before I try for the review board.

7. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

We try to only put stories on the review board that have a sufficient amount of content, so don't rush putting it on the review board regardless.

8. Asgard

Asgard Squib

I will keep that in mind. I was a little perturbed about whether or not I should put my own story up for review also.

9. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

There aren't any rules against it, but the general idea is that you wait for your story to get enough of a following that someone else will rec it for you. You won't have to worry about it being submitted too early because one of your readers obviously thought it was ready to go. Up to you, though.