1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Cliches

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by tragicmat1, May 13, 2011.

1. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I never said that Naruto didn't win his fights legitimately. They are ninjas, if you win a fight you win. There aren't any "rules".

My opinion was formed more because Kyuubi's power was something Naruto just had and can overwhelm all his opponents. The fight against Neji was actually really cool when he used the Kyuubi's powers, and it felt like it was something he controlled. There was nothing wrong with it. Although, all the times he uses afterwards (not counting the most recent chapters in the manga that I haven't really bothered to read yet as I'm just following the anime), were usually when he was emotionally unstable.

Also, a tool that you cannot control completely is not a reliable tool. And that was what Kyuubi is/was. A soldier pill would not cause Kiba to attack his allies. Byakugan would not rob the user of their reasoning. And in my opinion, using the curse seal wasn't much better than the Kyuubi.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, as of the Chuunin Exam the only other Jinchuuriki near Naruto's own age is Gaara, whose demon means he can't sleep or his mind will be eaten, and which whispers in his ear all the god damn time. The rest of the Jinchuuriki are adults that have had years to learn to control their demon, and the Kumo hosts especially have had special training to learn to co-exist with their demon in peace.