1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Cliches.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Verse of Darkness, Jun 20, 2006.

1. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Ooooh! Good threat. You should have said Notepad though. I once saw a notepad that no matter what you typed, it always wrote "I am an idiot."

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Not much of a cliche` But; I dislike it when an Author puts the pairing first, I mean, come the FUCK on, they're twelve years old. But in the end few stories reach the point where the characters of a suitable age so meh.

I'll keep that in mind. o_x I had the urge to write earlier on aAP I'll write right now, just so you can get another update sooner, hopefully Vash won't castrate me for not Finishing the Intertwiend chapter though, Lol.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Probably said before but whatever. I hate the 'Wave Arc' being included, period. This is one thing I feel wasnt needed in Sera's story. Fuck it. It pisses me off something rotton when I see the it used, even if it changes heaps.

I once saw a story where they went somewhere else. I think it was Lightning country. I was very pleased until the missing-nin they came up against were pretty much clones of Haku and Zabuza. One was a tool for the other, and they had a bloodline that was similar to Haku's, only using a different element. I felt like kicking the authors teeth down his throat.

4. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Agreed. Actually, romance for the most part irritates me. It's fine if it contributes to the plot, or is in the background, but more often than not it becomes the plot. And that (with very few exceptions) is a sad thing to see.

Ugh. In almost all of the fics that exclude the wave arc, something similar to that happens. It seems like when the majority of fanfiction authors are put outside of just "twisting" the canon a little, their writing talent, or lack of it, becomes glaringly obvious.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

But I did need it, to set up Naruto meeting Itachi and Kisame and learning about the invasion. Now, if you're referring to the one chapter where he actually GOES to Wave Country and kills Gatou, I just wanted him to collect the bounty on Zabuza (and also officially contract with Manda) and the mission gave me a means to do it.

6. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Naruto gets a second demmon/person/thing inside of him.

Any of the jonin senseis fucking any of the Rookie 9, this does not apply to Team Gai as Gai will never get laid (EVER) and all of his students are either gay/lesbian or will never get laid either.

Gai gets laid, Lee gets laid.

The villagers are idiots (how can an entire ninja village run if its civillian population are nothing but babling idiots that have nothing better to do than insult Naruto?).

Naruto gets personal training from anyone before getting on a Genin team; this cliche can be broken if there is a damn good reason.

One of Sasuke's family members survives the Uchia Masacre and helps Sasuke not become a messed up little prick.

7. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Whats so bad about Tenten Revan?

as for a cliche: The Kistunegan :p

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Hey now...there's nothing at all wrong with Naruto getting laid by Kurenai. :)

9. Feoffic

@Myst-Nothing. It just seems to me that she is a lesbian.

@LT2000-Tru, but only of Naruto is actually five years into puberty. When they are sucking and fucking and Naruto is only 12, then I have a problem. Anko I can understand, she was taught by the Great Peadophile Orochimaru after all, but Kurenai screwing a 12 year old?

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, of course I didn't mean they should be leaping into bed at the start of canon...but like, when the former Rookie Nine are old enough (14 or 15 would be the absolute youngest I would write, and nominally like 16 or 17) then I don't see a huge issue with it.

11. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Revan: Then you probably wouldnt read my story for the pairing if thats your ideal.

as with Revan, I dont really like him with Kurenai etc.

12. Feoffic

I don't mind him with Kurenai, it just has to be believable.

13. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

- Naruto being 'forced' to wear orange cause all the bad bad shop owners kick him out
    - genjutsu spot in team 7 filled by sakura cause low chakra + good control apparently makes one a good genjutsu user (pfff...)
    - villagers going on a rampage like the law never existed ("demon! demon! demon! eh...demon!" + outright physical abuse)

14. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

A pet-peeve I have with both anime and fanfiction is that anyone who took martial arts know that most fights between (about) equal opponents end grapling on the ground in an attempt to reach a choke or joint-lock. Unless one charcter is FAR more powerful than the other, the fight should end on the ground.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Another is when Naruto pretends to be stupid and stuff, so people wont know how good he really is. Sure, okay, keep some of your abilities and stuff secret, but all? Bleh... it gets boring very quickly.

Couple that with Naruto coming back in time... well, I feel like killing the author.

16. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Hm... Jounin, Sannin, Hokage are blatantly retarted.

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Lol, what? I do not understand.

Maybe their 1337 skillz go to their heads.

18. Verse of Darkness

Its mostly in the Jiraiya-takes-naruto-away fics.

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I have to agree wholeheartedly with the 'Happy Mask' device, where Dark Naruto PRETENDS to be his canon idiot self to throw people off and manages to trick a whole shinobi village into thinking that he's the dobe, despite being an inexperienced twelve year old kid in reality. In the end, it's usually a flimsy excuse for writers to be able to mirror the way Naruto acts in canon and thus not have to create a new set of mannerisms and a new 'place' for him. Not to mention, it lets them keep him as the dead-last and put him on the canon team with Sasuke and Sakura, because most are too lazy to develop any team dynamic other than the one Kishimoto gives them. There are, of course, fics where this has been done well, MystikD's and Arkhe's that I can think of offhand, but most are crap.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  20. Verse of Darkness

I always wanted see when Naruto is placed under Asuma... they both have wind chakra affinity. Plus... it's never been really done.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006