1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Cliches.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Verse of Darkness, Jun 20, 2006.

1. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Using the plot device of Naruto getting the shit beat out of him to introduce him to the Kyuubi at an eraly age. The fact that Naruto is beaten to inches of his life itself is a bad idea, because I think that any ANBU that might be ordered to protect Naruto wouldn't like losing their job because they hated Naruto.

Another cliche is Sasuke being immediately accepted back into Konoha instantly, even though he left on his own terms, and the fact that he punched a fucking hole in Naruto's chest. That alone should land someone a charge of treason, if not more, even if the person that you punched said hole in lives. In my opinion, even though the villagers would want him back instantly, the Hokage should have final say in such an issue.

Also, something else that I find cliche-ish is the Council being a lot more powerful than the Hokage in terms of deciding things about the village. I just find that odd because of the fact that the Hokage has to do a shitload of paperwork, which most likely pertain to laws and such.

2. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

I also agree with the whole masked!naruto issue. Though I don't know about that Arkhe, I've read Bloody Whiskers from MystikD due to some good reviews and recommendation. Frankly, I think it totally sucked. Sure, it had 2 or 3 (if not even less) nice chapters but other than that it was a pure recounting of canon (often even word for word) with Naruto's background thoughts. It had everything I dislike about that genre in abundance and actually made me dislike it in the first place...so yeah, I pretty much hate this story =/

True...no one really seems to like Asuma (me neither) but just for the sake of not being cliched, it'd be worth a try.

Don't really like that either...but you can't really blame them though. It's one of the things that's pretty obvious in canon (you know these 2 old guys that are always disputing with Tsunade).

Well, and finally...it's not really a cliche but rather something that effectively kills stories for me. It's when authors start a new paragraph and add (often in a quite flashy way...bold...underlined...etc.) the music you should imagine in the background. Though some people might like it, it completely disrupts my reading flow and leaves me a bit disgruntled. Luckily, I haven't seen this done that often yet, but it's already a negative point for me when i consider reading a fic.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I'm surprised you can stand MystikD's stories, Sera, because I cant.

Hmm, it does get annoying. I've seen a few stories where the Council controlled all non-ninja related topics. I dont mind that idea, actually. The Hokage is in total control of the ninja-half, but only as much power as another council member when it comes to things like trade, ect, ect...

Bleh!

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I dislike Naruto liking Ramen if his circumstances changed, I mean seriously. It's pretty obvious that he only eats Ramen because he can't afford much else. It's simple, easy, quick and affordable.

But someone who doesn't have to only eat it won't settle for just eating it, i mean come the fuck on. :|

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I can tolerate him liking the stuff under changed circumstances, but I get irritated when it constitutes his entire diet. I mean, I have things that I like to eat a lot despite more expensive and nutritional alternatives being available. Here's one I hate, when Naruto meets his team after becoming a Genin and repeats his 'likes and dislikes' verbatim from canon, as do the others. This usually ties in with happy mask Naruto. I guess I'm just a little biased where Bloody Whiskers is concerned because it's the first Evil Naruto fic I ever read, and one of the few that seems committed to him staying on that path rather than coming around to love Konoha and wanting to protect his friends and all that worthless crap.

6. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Ramen though... its just beautiful. Its just like his holy grail.

7. Jon

Correction CANON!Naruto's Holy grail.

Yeah Sera, evil Naruto fic's are hard to find, and it's even harder to find them sticking. Blood Whisker's used to be a favorite of mine, but ever since he decided to introduce the Ancient it went downhill, seriously.

8. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Another thing I hate to see in Naruto fics is when people find out about Naruto's secret, they always accept him instantly. If I found out something like that from a friend of mine, I think that I would have to think about it for a bit, not just be like "Oh, its okay! That changes nothing!" Bullshit, it changes a lot of things. Even if it were my best friend that I had known since I was a small child, I don't think that our relationship would ever be the same, for good or bad.

9. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Most authors dont want to go through with writing the struggle of understanding because really, even if you dont care you would still act differently. Not a lot just a little bit of difference.

10. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

I would like to see a story in which all of his friends actively shun him for being the container of the 9-tails...

11. Jon

There has been a few of those, but they don't go into detail on it. if I ever write one, i'm going to have him snap and backhand the tenth person to do it. >_>

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Been done heaps, normally crappy. I dont like the idea of them all shunning him, though they pretty much do it already.

People like Ino, Pre-TimeSkip Sakura, Kiba would jump to conclusions and do something like that. Obviously, no matter the person, they'd always be wary of him. I know I'd be.

13. Jon

Now now Syao, we both know Ino would want to jump Naruto's bones.

14. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

I actually like Asuma. He has that lazy-son-of-a-hokage-aura. I think he and Naruto could relate a lot if naruto is the son of yondaime. Plus wind chakra. A cliche could be Kyuubi having a mansion and shit.

15. Jon

I don't like Naruto having any inheritence, i'd rather he just killed a wealthy citizen and steal their stuff, and just start living in their house. ^_^

16. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Love to see that. If you ever do post that, let me know!

17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Too bad the bitch is dead. Kekekeke.

Anyway, Mentor!Asuma was mentioned before. It's a decent idea, especially if he is related to Sandaime. I could see Old Man Hokage setting up some sort of deal between them.

18. Jon

I wana do a Holy!Naruto, where he blasts people to bits with Holy light and shit. <_< So many things I want to do, so little time to do them. :(

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Jesus!Naruto? Kinda like that crack story, Harry Christ. That was pretty funny. I could see Naruto running around in white robes, trying to get people to stop fighting and killing.

The irony in all of it is that he has a demon sealed inside him. Lolol.

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'd read it, just for the inevitable religious conflict when he meets Hidan.