1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Fanfic Ideas-Islagatt

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Xenon, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Xenon

Xenon Professor

I seem to have gotten myself into a predicament. You see, the Author of 'At any Cost' Islagatt gave away a fic at the end of the current chapter.
    This leaves me at a rather disadvantages situation, because I appear to have won the fic, but had not put any consideration into the matter.. My question for you comrades, what should this hypothetical story be about? At any rate, I will not ask him to write said story until 'At Any Cost' is finished, but drop an idea(or five), and if I like it enough, I'll PM it to Islagatt.

2. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Naruto is exiled from the village for stealing the Scroll of Seals because he was found by another ninja before either Mizuki or Iruka found him.

3. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Naruto fails to steal the Forbidden Scroll of Seals, thus has to redo the Academy for the 4th time. This is his last shot. The Sandaime figures that enough is enough and takes action to get Naruto to pass the exam by any means Necessary.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Go get your own fucking ideas? That sounds good... I dont even understand what that dude said, anyway. His English is shocking.

I like Myst's by the way. I was thinking about writing a similar one to that, but gave up. He didnt return to the Academy, however, and Sandaime trained him personally. Naruto was going to become the Hokage's little personal ninja.

Or I was going to get Iruka actually teach him shit outside of the Academy.

5. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Place Naruto under ROOT or Orochimaru. o_o Or have him as a demonic fuck taking the steps of the Kyuubi.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

ROOT!Naruto has been done, but not very well. I would really like to see it done better.

Naruto with Oro/Sound is getting boring now.

7. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

I didn't really understand what the dude had said so I'm assuming there aren't restrictions...

Darker Naruto sympathetic to Zabuza's words;

Yes, I am a Narutard who watched Episode 17 again to get the words.

8. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

i'm either for the root!naruto or the 'retard naruto getting trained after 3rd failure'. i don't know anything about the author though...whether he's got the talent to pull off a decent root!naruto or end up adding another shitty one to that genre. same with the other one though i haven't seen that one done before so he'll have much more leeway to come up with things (if not even a bit too much to come up with with the whole time line skewed).

personally, i'd still prefer a pure genjutsu!naruto...nobody seems to want to write anything even close to that though it would fit neatly in any major plot line and features nice little elements like training from kurenai, thus other team choices, etc. etc.

9. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Yeah, the thing is, everyone Naruto kills has to die in a flashy style, from being burnt to a crisp to being cut apart by wind! With Genjutsu, the only actual way you kill someone is with a kunai and after he does that for the 53rd time, it gets boring.

If you couldn't tell, first sentence was sarcasm.

10. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

heh...sure it'd be a challenge to come up with some believable genjutsu's that are neither seriously overpowered nor plain crap.
    on the other hand it gives you a wide range of possibilities concerning genjutsu theory which is still quite untouched. as of now, in theory, all you have to do to get you out of any illusion is to concentrate and say that 'kai' nonsense. while this is still fine for some beginner genjutsu's it'd be quite lame to cancel some high end stuff with it.
    so now you'd have free reign to come up with some in-depth intricacies of genjutsu, like weaknesses, risks, requirements, particular strength, advantages over other ninja arts, how it actually works with the chakra and all, etc...and on top of that you have five different areas of genjutsu which all affect different senses which means even more room for new concepts (give him an instrument like tayuya or whatever).
    also genjutsu doesn't necessarily always have to be the mean looking cheater stuff you find in canon and in most fics where a single overpowered one is incorporated (often some fake/kyuubi 'tsukiyomi'...which naruto strangely uses only once or twice in the whole story -.-).
    let him start with something more balanced and beginner friendly. something like creating random footstep sounds around the target for distraction while fighting (rather like the bells kin used) or some 'drunken view' to cast on the eyes...or even a vile stench that gives you a headache in the smelling department. all the small and useful but not overly powerful stuff you'd learn in the beginning.
    the bad ass stuff can follow later like the 'mass sleep' from the invasion, the 'suspended on wires' stuff that tayuya used or even something like the 'mind confusion' technique of the yamanakas'...up to the stuff that really fries one's brain. as long as you put enough restrictions on them (heavy chakra use, need of a tool like an instrument, risk of own brain being fried, etc.) it stays believable and balanced.
    so...yeah...i feel like the idea of genjutsu!naruto has been defended :p
    and as long as the rest of the battle scenes is well done i don't care if naruto ends the battle with a kunai or a rusty baseball bat (not that i don't appreciate flashy endings too :))

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  11. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    li.u... grammar is your friend. I know that you are from Germany and that english isn't your first language, but if I'm not mistaken, you have to capitalize the first word of every sentence there, too. So please, learn and/or use some of the basic rules of english grammar.

12. Mech Angel.V.2.

Mech Angel.V.2. Second Year

How about one where Naruto apprentices under Asuma when he's younger because the Hokage decided that the boy's potential would only be wasted at the academy? Naruto would be changed because of his only role model being Asuma. He could be apathetic towards alot of things, and yet still have some qualities of canon!Naruto. Like being extremely stubborn when his mind is set on things. He could also be pretty strong, being apprentice to the Hokage's son. Im sure Asuma ain't a jounin for nothing.

13. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

eh...actually i tend to always write everything, be it names or the beginning of sentences, in small letters even in german forums. nobody complained so far so i didn't care either. well, but if it's so bothersome...
    I can change that. No problem <-- See :)

About the Asuma idea. I always envisioned him as some sort of lazy guy who'd rather play shogi with Shikamaru than actually train his team (which may of course also be because of the general attitude of his students towards training). Also the only thing that really distinguishes him from the other jounin's are his chakra blades. Other than that he hasn't got any particular talent/ability...or at least not one that we know yet (not like for example Kurenai - genjutsu, Kakashi - 1000+ jutsu's, etc.). So you got a potentially lazy and so far one-sided ninja as a sensei. Of course, you can always come up with 'new' aspects of his personality and skills but that might again look too OOC to some people. Well, but since all the early apprentice/teacher stuff has already been done with most characters, Asuma's probably one of your few choices left to get something new...even if it's not really the best one. Or maybe I'm just being too adverse towards the idea just because I'm not very fond of Asuma...who knows.

14. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Root! Naruto would be boring, unless you had him recruited from the Academy the moment he faild, and then had the oppresive root try to crush his demonic imbued soul. :p

15. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread but; Surrarrin plays Fable! And thats the Assassin Suit!

16. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Konoha enters into a Civil War after the apparent death of the Fox.

17. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

What's become of this project anyway? Has he already decided on something?

18. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Oh thats a good one... Im going to second that idea.

19. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

/bump

In order to save Kimmimaro's perfect body, Orochimaru somehow mutates Kimmamaro's genes into Naruto, creating the ultimate monster. Though my idea may be a little overpowered >>.

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Even if he could do that, I doubt he would dare attempt to take over Naruto's body for fear of what the Kyuubi could do to him once inside. Too dangerous for a man as obsessed with avoiding death as Orochimaru.