1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Fanfiction Challenge

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Evergreen_Queen, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Evergreen_Queen

Evergreen_Queen First Year

To tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan of Naruto. I don't know if its the bad english dub, the stupid side stories as fillers on the shows, the mess up story in the manga, the bad fashion the characters has or maybe a combination of all the reason that I listed. I'm so pissed off that there isn't any good Naruto fanfiction out either. I have no problem of story's being recycled but there comes a point where you just don't want to read your favorite fanfic because you know where it's going to go.

So I decided that I'm going to make a challenge for anyone that interested. This inspiration is from playing Final Fantasy 6/7 and reading endless mangas such as Crying Freeman and Lady Snowblood. I hate the idea of team 7 is going to become the next Lengendary Three and I don't like this light hearted story the magna writers are making. Naruto should be a much darker story. And plus, I assume many of us in this fourms like dark stories too! And now for the challenge and the plot bunny.

What if Orochimaru took Jiraiya's idea of being ninja. The most important thing about a ninja was have a spirt that doesn't give up instead of mastering every technique in the world. Basically Orochimaru is interested in Jiraiya's idea and wanted to test it. So fast forward a bit in the story to the part where Naruto in the mission the get Sasuke. Now, instead of Naurto losing, Sasuke loss the fight but Naurto got captured by Kabuto. So now, Orochimaru is doing his thing like bitting Naurto neck and giving him his mark. But Orochimaru is doing his crazy experiments, One good idea would be adding another demon inside of Naruto. I'm want it to be an Orochi, which is basically a 8 headed snake with Gozilla's powers....Reason being is that Snake and Fox are in conflict with each other.

I'm just going to leave here for now. I want to see if there's going to be any writers that might be interested in the idea first. For those interested, just post your responce

Au Revoir;)

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Orochimaru testing on Naruto has been done already, I have a story using it and Madnarutofan has one begining of it.

Adding another demon isn't really a good idea, unless you'd use it to weaken Naruto. He already has enough power at his disposal.

Jon

3. Myst

Myst Headmaster

If Orochimaru took to Jiraiyia's ideals, wouldnt that cause him to stay and cease the experiments..?

The 2nd demon is stupid, like what Surrarin said and Naruto doesnt need to be anymore godly than he already is.

4. Devin Cybrus

Devin Cybrus First Year

I'm sorry, but if you think the English dub is bad then you're a retard.

The only valid complaint would be with the voice actors. The worst you get is people sounding older than they should, and the best you get are Gai and Lee, who kick so much ass it almost even manages makes up for the dub hackjob done on One Piece. THEY'RE DIFFERENT SHOWS. THAT'S HOW AWESOME THEY ARE.

</thread derailment>

carry on

Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, my story will have Naruto getting the curse seal and then defecting to Orochimaru soon after the Chuunin Exams...so I can grant some of your challenge. I'm not sure about experimenting on him though...

And I wholly disagree about Gai. I see him as being this really loud and boisterous character, not some damn surfer bum, which is what he sounds like in the English dub. But for the most part, I don't have TOO many complaints. My other major one is them botching Shikamaru's catchphrase. 'Troublesome' >>>>> 'It's a drag.'

6. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    Have you watched Naruto in the original japanese voices? It is much better. That is what we mean. English Naruto dubs made my eyes bleed. Yes, my eyes. It was that bad.

BOT: That idea would not work. If Orochimaru took the belief that a ninja never gives up, rather than the endless quest for knowledge, he would have never left Konohagakure. It was his insatiable thirst for knowledge that led him to perform immoral experiments on other humans and then be exiled from Konohagakure.

7. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Damit don't tell me that, you ruined it! :)

8. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

The Naruto anime English style is pure and unadulturated crap on so many levels that it would be impossible to list them all.

Your idea is also idiotic to the most extreme level possible; mostly due to the fact that there seems to have been virtually no thought given to it period.

Also, challenges are supposed to be a base idea. Such as the one used by Kraken's Ghost in his challenge (which can be found at his LJ http://krakensghost.livejournal.com/).

You give us a base idea, Orochimaru adobts Ero-Sannin's ideals on ninja, and then a forced flash-forward to after the Battle of the Valley of the End along with other restrictions. This is not a challenge, it is a request.

9. Evergreen_Queen

So I'm assuming that people are ok with the dudes from a Akatsuki, syphoning nine demons for....gee I don't know...maybe POWER! As for the experimenting, maybe the second demon is pushing but may first idea was Orochimaru wants to test Jiraiya and trying to break Naruto mentally and physically. As for the experimenting, I was thinking like how Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7 and how he was experimented on. basically, for those that didn't play ff7, Cloud was being pump full for mako (Earth's lifeforce or energy). So much that it started to poison him. My idea was if Orochimaru was doing that to Naruto and Naruto 'overload' than that would be a good story. I don't know if there is any story that has Naruto having amnesia or his memory mess up is there? So this idea of Naruto is powerful maybe godlike but he's also flawed. No memory, emotional damage and using charka is like poison to him.

PS: Devin Cybrus, dude. I don't want to write anything that could offend you or anything but trust me, english dub is bad. I been in the animation business and I'm also an artist. The english dub version was been modified so much that it's painful to watch in comparison to the japanese counter part. Voice selection, voice acting and voice presentation is like an art. Naruto's character sounds like this punk kid whose screech like a bat on crystal meth. Do yourself the favor and just watch the japanese version.

10. Evergreen_Queen

Sorry Surarrin!

Didn't know that you had a story of Naruto being experimented. Anyways, the challenge was something to get the disappointment off my mind. Like Lucas's Star Wars eps 1,2 and especially 3. The challenge wasn't refine enough and that was my fault.

11. Evergreen_Queen

No a request would be me listing a bunch of stuff that I want in a story. It should look something like this.

1. I don't want all smut
    2. Naruto should be a stud
    3. Sasuke should be an idiot
    4. Anko should be hot

That's a request. What I'm giving as a backbone to a story that I have in mind and it helps the write visualize the flow of the story. The key thing is that the writer could change it to his or her liking. That what is a challenge is.

12. Feoffic

That is pure cannon, of course we don't care.
    That would make Naruto completely useless except as a container, but that would be stretching it.
    So Naruto is going to get juiced up with this earth energy? How is Orochimaru going to get it? How will Orochimaru pump it into Naruto? Why would Orochimaru pump it into Naruto? You are not makeing any sense with this crossover thought.
    There are.
    Then Naruto is not godlike at all. Without memory he can not perform any jutsu, with emotional damage he is nothing but a human vegetable, and if useing chakra is like poison then he can only do taijutsu, which is impossible as he has no memory and is a human vegetable.

13. Feoffic

What you are giving is a request. You want a story in which Orochimaru adopts Ero-Sanins ideals (even tho this would completely prevent Orochimaru from doing any experimentation later in life), you want him to experiment on Naruto at a specific point (post-Sasugay retrival arc), and you want this to be a FF7-ish crossover (the juicing up of Naruto with chakra/Cloud gets juiced up with mako). That is not a challenge, which you have advertised this to be, but (like you said) a backbone to a fic (a very bad one I might add). It can be seen as a request as you have given specific and unchangeable plot points for anyone who wants to try this. Those specifics have already been listed in this post.

14. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

Evergreen_Queen was just giving an example about overloading people with some kind of energy in an experiment. In Naruto's case, he would have been filled with demonic energy (that was supposed to be gained from two demons), not mako.

15. Evergreen_Queen

Wow Reavan, you seem to like to bash this idea. And really I don't have a problem with that. Actually, I kinda like it. Anyways, I see your point but really, I don't really care. It's not my thoughts doesn't that counts, it's the writers. If they want to change the idea for there suiting then that's find. What I doing is give some different ideas that can be used. Not request, not a challenge, just ideas. Anyways, I'm interested in what your idea for a good naruto fanfic? Now it's time for my bashing. First, a human vegetable is basically a person whose mind has lost total control of his or her body. I know because I did a co-op for the Toronto EMS and met some 'human vegetable.' Second, Orochimaru pumping Naruto full of Charka. How does he do it. I don't know but we're talking about a dude who is immortal. If he can defy death then I assume pumping someone full of charka would be a piece of cake. I would write a third reason but I have to go to work now.

Au Revoir.

16. Evergreen_Queen

Thank you.:) At least my idea is getting some attention

17. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    Evergreen, you are making so many multi-posts its not even funny. Use the edit button.

That aside, the Akatsuki syphoning demons is a one for one thing, so far as we can tell. Each member gets one demon, nine demons and nine members.

If you are just putting out ideas, say that they are ideas, not a challenge. And next time, think it out a bit more. The line of thought you are giving us is highly improbable for the characters of Naruto, one would have to warp Orochimaru's character completely to change his ideals and still abandon the village.

18. Evergreen_Queen

Thanks, I'll keep it in mind. Anyways, about the post. I just thought that maybe some writer might be interested in this idea. And judging by all the negative response, I just not. Anywoo I don't really care. I assuming that you don't care. The only people that do care are just the writers and the readers. As for warp Orochimaru's character completely. I don't mean changing him into a good guy. I'm just saying, he just wants to use Jiraiya's idea in his own twisted way. That it. Sorry if I didn't make the point clear. However, there not many new ideas for Naruto and it's really hard to think it out if the idea is so different! Just thinking outside the box.

Oh yeah, Thanks for the comments everybody. At least I know people are reading my post!:p

19. Feoffic

I'm not bashing the idea, I'm just pointing out its flaws and the fact that it is not a challenge.
    My respect for you went up a notch; it takes an intelligent person to acept criticism.
    Dito.
    As long as it is well written, I will read even the most cliched ridden story ever.
    And your point is what exactly?
    A. Orochimaru is not immortal. He can pass his soul on to a new body,true, but he is still human and can still die from very sever wounds from Battle (or from falling a few hundred feet).
    B. The best way to do that, pumping someone with a shit load of chakra, would be through seals. However I see one major flaw, there is only so much cakra a person's chakra coils can handel at any given time. This juicing up of the chakra would only serve to burn the coils into practical nothingness.

Yet this IS Naruto we are talking about. I can only asume that the Kyubi heals the coils if they get burned out. This would also prevent Naruto from getting this 'chakra poison' that you are talking about
    C. If want my ideas, go to my thread in this part of the forum.

Cheers!

20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Honestly I view it as something akin to the Human Instrumentality project. -is a freak.-