1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Fanfiction List

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Tinder, Feb 11, 2006.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

It's entertaining enough, I suppose.

The real problem I had with it is that literally every character in it is ooc in a big way, starting with Naruto. He's not even close to the same person he is in the manga, and as a protagonist isn't very easy to identify with.

The parade of original characters is also a bit annoying, especially considering that I don't think the author chose to do anything with Akatsuki - at least up to the point I read up to.

It's one of those examples of fanfiction where the author would have been better served to change the names of canon characters and write it as an original story.

2. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I've been reading that one just to see it to the end. Nothing was done with Akatsuki, and the abundance of OC's annoy me as I have a hard time keeping up with their names.

3. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

It's not a bad story. I rather enjoyed it, but the problem is that though he has interesting ideas, they seem to be a bit disjointed. Also, a beta would help him a lot. It's still a nice story that I continue to follow.

4. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Title: Blonds Have More Fun
    Author: EroSlackerMicha
    Rating: M (<=NOTE THE M CHILDREN)
    Paring: Naru/Ino
    Category: General/Romance
    Summary: Ino Uzumaki wakes up in her 13 year old body after witnessing the death of her husband and child. She vows not to allow things to go they way they did before. Ino/Naruto pairing
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4265235/1/Blonds_Have_More_Fun

At first glance, it looks like just another Naruto Time Travel fic from a different perspective. The writing is decent, readable and rather well done in some places. The update rate is pretty good, biweekly I believe. The cliches are manageable, if a tad unbelievable.

The point, however, is that this shouldn't be General/Romance. It should be Romance/Humor. There are parts that are just flat out hilarious. Most of it is sexual humor, and the author pushes FFN's ToS to the limit with this one. Its not an epic, and its a bit slow paced (storywise), but I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the most enjoyable reads I've had lately.

4/5, leaning higher if the update rate stays consistent and the action picks up. Its a fun read more than anything.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  5. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

Anyone know a good dark naruto fic? pairing doesn't matter, I never read a Naruto fiction before and ain't no new hp ones so any good dark!naruto ones? I don't want to go through the whole thread looking for one that 'could' be dark and I know I shouldn't be posting this here so sorry in advance.

EDIT: Dark or Evil

6. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

7. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I started reading this and got bogged down in the fluff.

I also must have missed the parts you thought were funny, it all seemed very immature and uninspired to me.

DBZ time chamber was a bit too much for me on top of it all.

Frankly, I don't see where the plot is going to come from on this one considering that the protagonists have an advantage almost too huge to measure over the villains, though this is an epidemic of most time travel fics.

It's hard to lose when you know all of the players and the moves.

Honestly, most Dark!Naruto fiction is pretty terrible garbage written by kids trying to make Naruto look "cool" before anything else.

The only one I could possibly think of worth reading simply for the entertainment value would be Lost Soul which is mentioned in a post above, but it's not really all canon compliant (at all) nor is it really a Dark!Naruto fic.

There are very few Naruto fics worth reading and even fewer that aren't abandoned.

Most of the really good ones are extremely AU.

8. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

*Flaps his hand.*

I told you it wasn't a serious read. Did I really have to go into exactly why?

But yes, the time chamber was annoying. I have the tendency to just ignore a bad cliche, which is why I find them manageable unless it really comes out and slaps you across the face.

Which this does, except for the fact that it isn't a serious fic. =/ Don't treat it like one and you might enjoy it more.

9. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    The only good fic of his is the Star wars crossover.

10. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Oh yeah? I've never seen a good one of those, I'll have to try it.

*blinks*

Its Revan/Naruto Obi-wan/Padme. >>

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Goddamnit guys. You know there's a section for you to post Naruto fics now. <_<

12. Knox

This be where all the fan fic discussion goes down Sree.

13. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

*Blinks*

No, actually, I didn't.

>> Why was the 64 page Naruto fan fiction thread not informed of this!?!?

14. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Because it just came into being last night. :p

http://forums.darklordpotter.net/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Add all the stories you think are good enough to be in the library. Please. Me and Syaoran got it started, it's up to you guys to keep the Naruto forum running with new fics.

It sure will be a lot easier to keep track of the various fics, rather than having fic conversations disrupted by other fic conversations. XD

Should I move this thread into that forum? o_O

15. Knox

No.

But a name change to Naruto FanFic Discussion would be good.

16. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

This topic should have been locked thrice over by now, keeping with DLP's standard of 20 pages per topic, then a second version is created. We actually haven't had to use that rule in any other forum than the Games. o_O

I'll move this topic and leave a redirect for a few days so that people won't get too confused.

17. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Yes yes, I know its a double post but the last one was a sin against mankind and really should be deleted. (Oh, hey, cool. Automerge)

Why don't we use this thread like the For Review section of the library? It has some serious heft of its own at this point.

18. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This will be locked afterwards when everyone sees the new area.

19. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Hey, one of the mods going to move this thread over to this area?

20. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    In before lock. I apologize to the mods if this is the wrong place to ask this:

I lost a bet and was required to write a Naruto short, which I'm putting the finishing touches on tonight. I don't read this fandom much, so if anyone would be interested in doing some beta work on my attempt (the prose is pretty clean--mostly I just need someone to check for any obvious stupidity regarding the Naruto-verse), please drop me a PM. The story is a tentative Naruto/Sakura and runs around 5-6k words. It's centered on a theme I haven't seen explored much in the fandom, though as I said, I haven't read enough to know whether I'm treading on others' ground.

Not open for further replies.