1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Help...

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Verse of Darkness, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Hey, I was wondering if Naruto Fanfic readers/writers could help me on some type of general plot for a Sound!Naruto. I've already covered why he would join, Orochimaru trains him, etc. The general plot I've cooked up was Orochimaru messing with Naruto's seal so that it increases the speed of the connection between the two, preventing the Akatsuki from there goals. However... I feel the plot two bland. I've also wondered if I combined that plot with Konoha trying to reclaim Naruto, but I want Naruto to be Kyuubi driven as possible (or dark!Narto). Possibly even having him abaondon Oto... but it seems I'd have to create an often amoutn of OCs... some help?

2. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

Er...I'm not exactly sure what you want help in. If you could elaborate a bit more on your problem I'd be more than willing to help a fellow author out.

3. Verse of Darkness

Okay, how would Orochimaru as Hokage work out? He would still be sadistic... and it could lead to the darker side of Konohagakure.

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Hm, I don't think Sandaime would appoint Orochimaru as his successor given the things he did while in the village. You'd either have to reform Oro somewhat (not likely given the direction you seem to want to go in) or have Sarutobi be totally ignorant and never find out about the evil that his star pupil is working behind his back (also not very likely).

5. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Basically what LT2000 said is quite right. You would have to do a 180 on Orochimaru's personality, or make the 3rd Hokage aka "The Professor" stupid.

To pull off a Sound!Naruto, you have to create a lot of OC's, especially if make the setting Otogakure. That or make Naruto hateful enough of Konoha to leave and Join sound... but that doesnt sound like how you want to go.

6. Verse of Darkness

I was thinking having Orochimaru take it by force or use Naruto as some sort of bargaining chip. Or how about the Sandaime raising another defected prodigy?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2006
  7. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

You could also have Orochimaru raise Naruto like Kimimaru (sp?) was raised, in a cave and far, far away from anyone else. Orochimaru raises Naruto as a weapon but one day Naruto gets curious of the outside world and escapes.

8. Verse of Darkness

In then he bumps into Konoha?

9. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

There's a fic in the Naruto fic listings called "A new cause" where Naruto joins the Akatsuki willingly and eventually becomes the Otokage. I forget who it's by, but it's really good and finished.

10. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

"A New Cause" is by MystikD109, who also wrote/is writing "Bloody Whiskers". He seems to like writing dark!Naruto fics, so... yah.

For the Sound!Naruto plot, you could also try making Naruto one of Orochimaru's experiments, doing (insert evil vile plan that could possibly power Naruto up), and then leaving Konoha with Naruto (seeing as he survived the experiment, it would be stupid to leave Naruto behind if he had some sort of power-up).

Or you make Naruto be the spy for Oto instead of/along with Kabuto instead of Orochimaru bringing Naruto with him. Possible ideas, not really sure about the realism though.

11. Verse of Darkness

I was thinking for the experiment that he messed with the seal to an extent where both the chakra and the blood slowy mix. Increasing the connection between the two so that the Akatsuki won't have its Jinchuuriki?

12. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

After the Kyubi attack, Orochimaru attacks the severly battered Leaf with a few of jis Akatsuki 'friends'. He fights, and defeats, the Sandime and takes control of Konoha.

13. Verse of Darkness

I don't think I want Akatsuki ruling over countries because then Naruto would be dead. I think I'll have either some mental scarring at a young age resulted in their minds to merge as well... then picked by Orochimaru or something a long the lines.

14. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Who said anything about Orochimaru remaining in Akatsuki, and why go with the expected?

15. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I kind of understand where you are going, so i'm going to lay out some options where I see them possibly going.

Orochimaru (after the 4th seals Kyuubi into Naruto) immediately whisks Naruto off to an underground lab where he generally tinkers around with his body. Given that he has been shown to be resilient, it is reasonable he would survive with Kyuubi-regeneration ability. He then uses his own knowledge of seals (similar to Akutski's use of memory seals) to implant a 'homing beacon" on him. After he sees Naruto (insert encounter) he activates this beacon secretly, and Naruto is slowly forced to go to Otogakure.

(Different idea)

The 3rd dies early(some time after/during Kyuubi attack), and Orochimaru secretly bribes/threatens/convinces the council to raise his status to temporary Hokage. In this position of power he reveals the experiments he has been doing on "willing subjects" for the "greater good of the village". Pointing out his successes, like with Yamato his "research" (lol that's normally used for pervert peaking in naruto terms) is pushed by people like Danzo and he soon gets his hand on the Kyuubi child. Tinker Tinker, 10 years later and Orochimaru is ruling Konoha and has loyalty from Naruto (who has been forced to get skills more quickly, bringing out a more intelligent, brutal side of him in a Darwinian Konoha) and then take your plot where ever you want.

More ideas later, but it's late i'm thirsty and out of ideas....

16. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Why join Sound? Orochimaru wasn't in sound half of the time, and the village was only a cover for his other bases. Why not just become Orochimaru's apprentice or something like that? Something like Sasuke or Kimimaro.

That gives you plenty more room to work without so many OCs and the opportunity to get Naruto to know some of the character's we've seen lately from Orochimaru's hideouts ( maybe developing mutual respect, or a rare friendship between him, Juugo and Kimimaro, meeting/capturing Suigetsu, meeting Karin, developing animosity towards Kabuto -or not- ). I would see it better than "joining" the village, or at least, it would make much more sense.

17. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I'm trying to write a fic where Orochimaru is Hokage but it's proving very difficult. I've actually been working on the first chapter for quite some time but making everything at least somewhat believable is hard. The only way I can see it working out is if the Yondaime AND the Sandaime died.

Also you'd have to completely change canon so that Orichamaru didn't leave Konoha after the Yondaime was appointed Hokage.

My idea with the whole experimental process would be he gets a large amount of the Second Hokages cells, much more then anyone else could because of the Kyuubi, and because of the Kyuubi the cells integrate much better then they would normally giving Naruto a great affinity over water.

~_~