1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto/Hinata fics?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Moloch, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Yeah, you probably saw the title and facepalmed, and to be honest I'm not too much of a fan of the pairing myself. Given that Hinata's basically got the same hate going for her as Ginny in these forums, I feel like I'm jumping into the fire doing this.

Anyway, browsing through Deviant Art, I came across a gem, an artist that was a fan of the most-likely-canon-pairing, or to be exact I came across one of her pieces, http://kunoichi-san.devianta******/art/Before-the-storm-68841007 by kunoichi-san. Looking at that inspired the fluffy side of me, and at the moment I'm keen for some good Naruto/Hinata fanfics. I've just read Viridian's Team 8 again and again thoroughly enjoyed it (though the Konoha random civvy bashing's more annoying this time round), problem is, its the ONLY fic I've found of the pairing that I could stomach.

So yeah, if you could drop me any goodies of one of this particular pairing, go hard. :>

And yeah; I've looked through the library.

2. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

3. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    So you don't want recs from the library? That's a pity, since it contains two that are readable:

People Lie by Nugar is good writing.

Naruto Fuujinroku by Daneel Rush; a couple Mary Sue OCs, but otherwise decently done. Skim the weird Naruto/Hanabi episodes. Updated recently.

4. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

As I said, I've already gone through the library. Nugar's fic I enjoyed up until the later episodes where the weirdness got too much for me, and Naruto Fuujinroku... Never could get into it. Still not sure why.

5. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I don't really care for it either, there's nothing interesting about it. It's just a story where Naruto is friendly with the Hyuuga and follows the typical trappings of an indie!Naruto story.

A good NarutoHinata story? They're hard to come by, very hard, as most people fail to characterize Hinata (she's usually just stuttering shy mary sue) in a likable and believable manner.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4041754/1/Time_and_Again
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4781296/1/Here_and_Now (sequel)

I think are in the library, but they're NarutoHinata (slow).

Ancient and abandoned:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2147268/1/For_the_Love_of_my_Friends

(NaruHinata is scant).

Part1 is complete, though Geor may have abandoned the idea of furthering it:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2738650/1/Naruto_Hyuga_Prilgrimage

All the NarutoHinata stories you'll ever, ever need:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/505694/dave-d

Most are readable, though they all begin to blend together. Many are complete, many are longish one-shots, there are probably around 50 written by dave, I think he's still writing them too...

That's about it from me. Those are all "readable" some are better than others but I've yet to find a NarutoHinata story that didn't make me vomit or moan in anguish.

6. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Time and Again and Here and Now aren't NarutoHinata. The author is a middle aged ass wipe that can't make up his mind what he wants to do with his already decaying Time Travel fic.

EDIT: An Honest Mistake is a good Naruto Hinata fic however. Most good NaruHina fics are the ones with tons of comedy. Putting Angst + Naruto + Hinata= Bum-rampage, done to either party.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  7. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Well, they have NarutoHinata moments, and it's likely to end NarutoHinata (c'mon you aren't that easily fooled are you?).

I don't like the recent developments but it's not a bad story, what's your problem with it?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  8. sincostan

I like them both, though I hope Naruto gets over being a blubbering emo in the second one. Seriously something's wrong when Sasuke's calling him out on it. =D

9. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I admit Time and Again was good. But when I read Here and Now. I see 80% Everyone else and 20% Naruto. Plus he posts in almost every other Author's note that he has no idea what the pairing is. Do I really want to know about Sasuke's confused feelings for Sakura?

I expected better from the sequel, the story went from Platnum to Horse feces in a matter of a few chapters. Main reason I don't like this fic anymore is becuase the sequel was such a huge let down.

The writing is good, as an author he has talent, but his plot needs work. On second thought he should just stop the fic, write a new one, he seems to write good starting chapters.

I talked to him about his plot a while ago and the fact that he emailed me back surprised me. All I got was that the pairing could go in many directions, and that answer really really pissed me off becuse it means there is a NaruSaku potential.

10. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

A "pairing"'s a pairing. If the author is good, it doesn't make or break a story. NaruSaku can be believable and contribute to the story, just as NaruHina could... but more often than not, Naruto romances fail.

The fact the Naruto girls are vapid soulless creatures doesn't help much.

11. sincostan

There's no way that story will turn out Naru/Saku. Sasuke's too obviously "good" and set up with Sakura, unless something really drastic happens which throws the current plot for a loop.

12. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Hmmm... The only decent naru/hina off the top of my head that's not been mentioned already is Legacy of the Rasengan by Tellemicus, but nowadays that's a bit generic and over-hyped. I don't think there are many fics that are really good out there anyway, so I'm gonna have to go with Chime's copout and say look for solid writing, not a pairing.

You'll find yourself sorely disappointed otherwise, I'm afraid, because while there's a select few gems, there's enough crap to drown a dung beetle.

13. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

The pairing in "Here and Now" isn't relevant to the topic.

Move. The. Fuck. On.

14. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

o_O This is Kylewin we're talking about. The fucker thrives on throwing us for the loop.

15. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Naru/Hina is over done and in most cases it isn't even done right. This includes Team 8 and other such "good" examples of the pairing. The fics are alright, but the way they try to pair the two up is obvious and not as realistic as they think it is.

16. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Gimme. And bro, we're talking about 12 year old killers who can breath fire and make earthquakes, even if its unrealistic (not to the ridiculous point where they're fucking 3 words into the fic), if its readable as a "good" example, I'm game.

17. Pieman

Pieman Seventh Year

I've never got the NaruHina hate that seems to circulate here, with most people simply saying it's overused, which just sounds like "Because it's popular."

Eh, as an ex-shipperfag it's probably just old bias rearing it's ugly head. That and I seem to have acquired a avoidant personality disorder fetish. Fuck.

As for recommendations, I could peer into my favourites menu and drag out a few fics I enjoyed (I've been out of fanfiction aside from Denarian Lord for a while), but I'd probably embarass myself. They're all from before I came before DLP, and my taste in stories was innocent, and not always accomponied with a bitter undertone. Hell, I've got 2 Kingdom Hearts crossovers in there, you don't want anything to do with that list.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  18. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Isn't it fairly obvious? Hinata is basically the Ginny of Naruto, and what I mean by that is so obvious that I shouldn't even need to elaborate.

19. cold burn

cold burn Third Year

Hmm... the only decent naruto/hinata fanfic I can think of is two halves by dame wren. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3977593/1/Two_Halves. First fanfic I ever read actually though it did set me up for disappointment regarding the vast majority of fanfiction. It's believable enough with very solid writing, but anoyingly PG and fluffy. That is what you said you where looking for so don't complain to me if it's not your style.

edit: Who ever posted this on fanfiction.net made some typos, feel free to look for the actual fic. I'd try google since the author never even made a fanfic acount as far as I know.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  20. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Isn't Two Halves the one with the OC person who knew everyone's parents and trains them to be super-ninjas? Because that one sucked so bad it hurt.

And I think saying Hinata=Ginny is a bit harsh. I won't deny for an instant that most writers make her out to be as such, but canon Hinata is a largely undeveloped character. We know she has confidence issues and wants to jump Naruto's bones, but other than that there's not much else. Hinata has such a bad reputation because it's the first pairing new writers try, which means that it ends up invariably bad, even if the writers are decent.

And most of them aren't decent.