1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

Finally, now I can fully explain what I was doing.

Step 1: If you're gambiting, be 100% sure you can fix it. I drew a lot of attention, which made it hard for scum to get a mislynch. If I was the only viable mislynch and townfirmed myself, scum would be lynched.

Step 2: Since I was conftown, I knew I would be in a spot to be buddied the heck out of. So I tried not to steer a lynch, just avoid bad ones. Was I perfect? Far from it. That's what I was going for though.

Step 3: Obfuscate the role PMs of town so scum cannot soup them. It didn't work with Pozzi/Waco but it did work with Newcomb because they didn't soup him. The only person who needed a specific role to act was Ino and I knew Ino was already dead when Math flipped.

Overall, the ride was a little more dramatic than I had hoped for and some of my reads were wrong (sorry Atum), but that's why I focused more on having a pool that I didn't want to lynch. My pools were far from perfect but they were perfect enough to keep Citrus out of trouble.

This game was rather obtuse for me, but being conftown and having the opportunity to discuss things with Newcomb helped. Having to explain things to Newcomb really slowed me down and stopped me from getting five steps ahead of myself.

2. blab

blab Second Year

12!>>(3!)^4

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, this feels good to wake up to. Second town win in a row in no flip. gg guys. Time to go eye up obs and stuff and see how badly my performance review reads >->

Still don't get Titus/Math. Leaving that particular mess to disect for another day.

---------- Post automerged at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Reading Scumchat is a riot. It wasn't until Kalas' /483 before they presented the thought that I could have been Kiba, unless I missed something. Obs wasn't quite what I had been expecting.

---------- Post automerged at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:18 ----------

Also, kudos to TMNT for Judging Rubicon D1.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

more like how dare TMNT lay his filthy hands on Rubicon when we were going to have a beautiful scumgame together

talk about getting cheated

5. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Math your mind is full of fuck. Sometimes a reference is just that, a casual reference. It doesn't have to have a jug full of meaning.

---------- Post automerged at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

:D But clarification please?

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Oh god, I thought she just randomly made that up because she was SCUM.

BUT SHE WASN'T.

WTF.

When I saw the end-game I genuinely thought Fluffiness was fucking with us living players and she was really scum, until I checked the obs QT. True story.

---------- Post automerged at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

In my QT N1: "Rubicon, if you're reading this, I really hope you were scum. I genuinely think you were, but niggling doubts are a killer.

This game reminded me a ton of your other witch hunt game"

You played extremely similarly to how you did in the witch hunt where we were scum, but the main reason was I realized it when you ignored me and placed a light scum-read on me. Town!Rubicon would love to bounce ideas with me AND no way you'd just read me scummy while simultaneously refusing to interact with me - I pinged you a few times with thoughts and you just brushed them off

---------- Post automerged at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Also bahaha, you think you can mislynch me, scum? Think again :D

Yeah my play was really weird this game, I was setting myself up to get my ability to bounce something, but then I lost the ability to be strongly townread after the fiasco with me and Mathblade D2, and from there I said fuck it I'll just wait til I'm on the chopping block and my iron-clad role claim could save me. Which is basically how things played out (though with Typhon claiming Sai we had mechanical auto-win, as I said before).

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Can I just say that this line is probably my favorite out of all of obs so far? A demented delight keeps lighting up my heart every time I review it and then the crumb posts.

Ah, I love this game. Sure we had some ups and downs, but what a game.

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

And if I haven't said it already, kudos to New on the Sakura feint.

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Zenzao the food references. I thought I had you on lock as Chouji. Please tell me those were fake crumbs.

AND TOWN. WTF. DID YOU NOT REALIZE IF CITRUS WAS TOBI HE WAS LEADING YOU TO THE SLAUGHTER?

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Well, it did help Chouji!New, now didn't it?

And yes, I did realize the possibility of Citrus as Tobi existed and, yes, he would win under this plan. But I believed his Neji crumbs after a little follow through and Typhon wasn't making any sense as Sai. I was willing to concede to 3P over Scum in these circumstances if this was Tobi!Citrus world.

10. Koalas

High Score:
    It did. The clues to figure out the game were there. I ignored them in favor of you Chouji and the following PoE.

Ugh. Never concede. And those are the worst crumbs, the kind NO ONE will get unless he reveals them. I'll accept Sai!Typhon not selling himself however. Fuck I should just have souped Jan and continued playing.

11. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Yup. Still, until your mistake souping New and some of the last minute DayEnd before that, I wasn't really scum reading you, so nicely done masquerading.

And that's kind of why I bought into Neji!Citrus. It was stupidly obscure but have a solvable answer when going back over it.

Yeah, had you souped Jan, how do you think the game would have gone down differently? With you at the helm pushing that Day the discussion would have problem gone down to Atum/Citrus/Me. In that world do ya think my Kiba-crumbs would have held?

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hmm yeah.

The last minute switch to Von (thanks to Newcomb and Zenzao for the trust there) and your miss on Newcomb turned the whole game for town.

One of the two not happening that day/night and town would have most likely lost it in the end, i guess.

Still a fun game and good turn around for scum after losing the soupguy d1.

Cop and Ino had close to no effect on the game due to towns meltdown d2.
    (talking about the roles not the players behind it)

13. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Thanks. I realized after I claimed roleblocked N1 that I was really narrowing myself down a handful of roles to scum, and that I needed to very casually, subtly kind of present a believable PoV as either Ino or Sakura.

Sakura seemed easiest since a roleblock kind of meshed with the narrative of there being only one vaccination.

So, in just a few places, I tried to write like I was Sakura trying to write like I wasn't Sakura, if that makes any sense. Like this -

From scumchat it looks like they actually had a few different ideas about why I could be Sakura, but every little bit helped...

That's a really interesting question. Really hard to answer objectively now that I know the scum roles for sure, but I really doubt Kalas and Typhon could have convinced me to lynch you or Atum. Especially considering how most of the doubt I had on Atum came from (wrongly) reading Kalas's spew, lol.

They might have been able to get Citrus, but that would have forced a claim which, if I got the role interactions right, would have confirmed him?

I dunno. I was townreading Kalas pretty hard. It's easy to say I'd have stayed resolved, but... yeah, no idea.

---------- Post automerged at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

That is a great point. I would actually love to read (probably not play lol) a version of this setup where Ino hit a few times on, I don't know, Naruto and Tsunade, got food pills, hit Hinata with a Cop Check and then Tsunade died and Kabuto puppeted her. Like, 4 or 5 QTs floating around and the whole thing is an insane tapestry of lies and confusion on both sides.

Yeah I'm glad that didn't happen in this game, but that would have been amazing to watch in Obs. :p

14. Koalas

High Score:
    Let's see. Assuming Jan got lynched and didn't reveal his role. We'd have killed Pozzai, come onto Snow hard and early. Let Snow get 'suspicious' of Citrus (keeping in mind I genuinely thought he was Tobi ) then kill Newcomb for the win. Jiraiya had always been my preferred fake claim so getting myself to final four should have been enough.

15. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

MathBlade's QT was legit baffling to me.

I mean, cool theory I guess, but sometimes the simplest explanation is the best. I.e. Atum was just asking if anyone else was playing Palindrome's super awesome Quest, which is hosted on this very site. It had literally no meaning in this game; it was just an idle comment.

Like, there are like 25 things Atum's Deep Ones thing could be, including and most likely a completely innocuous comment. How a person goes from that to "Atum is Tsunade and I'm so convinced I'll base other thoughts I have about the game on that logic" is like, I don't even...

Fun fact, because I'm not an idiot, I actually wrote that big post talking about the roles before I read my role PM to insure that I didn't accidentally slip any crumbs into it.

I went back and read this part and I can't for the life of me see where you think I was crumbing Jiraya to CC Atum's (non-existant) Jiraya crumbs.

I mean I'm legit upset at this - going through the game no one put in more effort than MB and she was right like 15% of the time, but she went all-in on way more things based on absolute air. Nothing. And the conviction was the same.

Like, she picked up this before I outed it:

Which no one else did (that I know of). I mean that was a solid observation because the hints actually were there in the thread.

Math was also ahead of the curve on Typhon early and mid D2.

I feel like Math could have been such a strong voice for town if only she'd used her powers for good instead of pure insanity.

And then that whole fake!Hinata fake Jan!cop CC nightmare...

I mean, that's kind of a heartbreaking post, in retrospect. But...

You know why things shatter? As opposed to break, distort, bend, whatever? Because they're inflexible.

Reading into random things like a person using the word "Algebra," or seeing something like "Deep Ones" and immediately narrowing all worlds down to the one where that's an explicit reference to one and only one thing... it really seems to me like that kind of rigidity can never ever work in Mafia.

I'm sorry, MB. I admire your passion and your effort a ton, but you really made parts of the game kinda brutal and less fun than they could have been.

Town won this game in spite of MB and MB/Titus antics, not because of them. And we had to get a bit lucky with scum overreaching at the end to do so.

16. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I felt so bad when I saw she was actually town and sent her a pm apologising for me mocking/gloating at her demise.

It was just so hysterical to me that me using the word "poof" made her so deadset on me being Tobi she never looked back, and even as I cc'ed her as Hinata, she still thought it more likely I was scumsiding Tobi in such a manner I would risk outing myself to save a potential groupscum by cc'ing her.

17. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Writing posts without having read your role is sketchy at best.

gg town. Poor Rubicon getting lynched D1 again

18. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

He's refering to write a post revolving around mechanics in regards to every single role and having it prepared, without having checked his role so he didn't unintentionally say something about that specific role that could out him.

How is that ever sketchy? It's neutral, at worst.

19. Koalas

High Score:
    Because opinions you hold in a vacuum and opinions you have with role knowledge are different. If you shift in the middle of a Day that is Noticeable.

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

No wagon, doesn't count.