1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Manga Thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jon, May 29, 2015.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Boruto was never supposed to have a Byakugan unlike Himawari and his mother. If you look at page six you see Boruto open an eye that looks suspiciously like a deactivated Byakugan. This could be a foreshadowing.

Sasuke if you look at him closely also has the rinnegan eye and Hinata in all her pannels has the pale eyes of the Hyuga.

So I think you should look through the chapter again.

2. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Well, apparently Naruto eventually dies and the Shinobi era is over.

Three pages in and I already hate it. So much it fucking hurts. I didn't even mind Boruto as a protagonist before, but now I want him to die. Painfully, if possible.

The art made me want to throw up. The faces are horrible and the bodies were pretty much disfigured.

Hope they cancel this before they give someone cancer.

3. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    Hmm. I completely missed that - just saw that he had blue eyes that were completely unhyuuga and assumed otherwise. My bad.

4. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I forgot to add that Boruto possesses another blood limit called "Winy Bitch No Jutsu" and that Sasuke will beat it out of him at a later date.

5. sonny_yalin

sonny_yalin Third Year

Honestly, I like the art style, but it seemed like no effort was put into this chapter. It looked like sloppy lineart for the most part. The story seemed quite rushed and with a staggering and julting flow, like it was jumping around a bit. I don't really have high expectations for this, but who knows, maybe it'll get better over time?

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Is that.. supposed to be Hinata? Where are her tits? [stare]I DEMAND ANSWERS.[/stare]

Also, Boruto is a giant bitch. I don't like him at all. :\

7. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

This is the real reason people don't like the new manga. It's not just her all the adult females have lost their tits.

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

...no, Konohamaru. Just no. We do not need a magical ninja wrist holster that spits out previously stored jutsu without requiring any chakra to activate. Because that shit will start showing up in fanfiction. So, no.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  9. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I got your fanfiction right here Noodlehammer for the win.

10. DC

DC Groundskeeper

Before I read this - if I do - did Tsunade's tits escape unharmed? Does she feature? I'm going to write a very strongly worded letter otherwise.

11. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

No Tsunade yet. But I suspect the artist will get hate mail if he cuts off Tsunade's tits.

12. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I mean sure, literally everything regarding what passes for plot on this is retarded, but the art is okay and the future panels of Boruto and whatshisfacce were kinda cool, so I'll call it a win in that regard.

13. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The art was hit and miss and it all got downhill from there. Boruto is a heinous main character, this anti ninja theme is very much a direction I do not want this ninja setting to go, that magictech armwrist jutsu launcher is dumb, and the whole conflict between Boruto and whatshisface is so meh, I was falling asleep the first few pages since we have seen that before rather often in this manga.

The spirit of the Boruto manga seems very much to be "the same as before, but way worse" and that's saying something.

14. Lumnox

Lumnox Third Year DLP Supporter

So taking bets on whether the eye is his dead mother's or his dead sister's?

15. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Seeing as Sasuke is his sensei maybe he kills her and takes the eye.

16. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    And then it evolves into some hitherto unknown form of doujutsu with built in cheat codes?

Sounds about right to me.

17. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

"My tale begins when I rebelled against my father for not paying me enough attention." - That right there was almost enough to make me nope out. I have little hope for this one.

18. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Here's a question that I've often considered that the 'anti-ninja' theme Nemrut mentioned reminded me of.

Where does canon go post-series, a few generations down the line?

Thing is, Naruto changed the world. He allied with the Tailed Beasts. The great ninja villages teamed up to take on the biggest, baddest villain that canon lore could come up with. It's all kum ba yah by the end of the series when the characters pair off, often with partners from another village, and start working on their 2.5 kids.

There's no new wars on the horizon, because all the kage are buddies. Anyone outside of the village system who might cause trouble would still be unlikely to spark a war, because one of the OP existing characters would stop it before it came to that.

Sure, there can be minor conflicts of all shapes and sizes.

But wouldn't ninja culture start to stagnate once there ceases to be reason to push yourself to be all you can possibly be? Sure you'll still get your A-rank elites, but what dangers exist in the world to push those genius shinobi into the heights of S-rank? No matter how many benefits you're born with (even the effing Rinnegan), S-rank skills aren't automatic. And if there's no longer another villages worth of ninja to train to fight? If everything ends in peaceful resolution?

Fast forward a couple of generations and it always seemed to me that ninja would be a pale reflection of their forefathers.

Is that a good thing? Maybe, from the standpoint of less violence is good. Maybe not, because skills were lost that might not be regained. And what happens if another Big Bad does show up? Will there still exist ninja like Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi, and Gai to fight on that level? Sure there will be ninja that could get there, but if no one is already there they won't have time.

Seems like either ninja culture would stagnate and, twenty generations down the line, echoes of these golden years would barely reach the ears of the present. Or someone comes along once the BAMFs like Naruto are out of the picture and curbstomps everything that's left.

Thoughts? I'm NOT looking for fanfiction concepts or ideas, by the way. Pure canon speculation, brought on by Boruto.

19. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Well . . . Naruto and Sasuke aren't omnipotent. Canon basically said that they only won because of teamwork. Also canon never said anything about bloodlines going away.

8 and 9 tails are sealed with Naruto and Bee, but aren't the rest of the Biju hanging around the countryside?

I think if Some key blood limit users got hold of a tailed beast they could pose a threat. Isn't that what terrorists do in the real world? They get a weapon and though they aren't a big army they have little groups that cause a lot of damage. At least that is what I see as the next big threat in Boruto acts of terrorism.

20. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Individually speaking, it's likely that ninja would be weaker. However, there was a huge technology boom in those post-war years. Hell, even in The Last there was Kumo's cannon, which's implications weren't touched upon. Kumo could easily bust any village with that thing, and a couple of decades later Katasuke is revolutionizing Ninjutsu as it was known with those wrist thingies.

Yeah, the chances of another Naruto appearing in the long run are low (it'll happen, because plot), but while ninja culture would decline, by no means super soldiers would stop existing. Who knows, maybe an uber Orochimaru will finally create the ultimate abomination, a Doomsday from BvS analogue that will shake up things. Maybe another alien, maybe some extra-dimensional being, hell, the existence of the Ootsutsuki implies that they were capable of space travel, which means that they probably had an organized society. If they could, others could as well. The threats could grow so great that an unified government could start being considered.

There are too much factors to consider, and it makes a hell of a background for new stories. Unfortuntely, I think this one will fall short. Pity.

Last edited: May 4, 2016