1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Manga Thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jon, May 29, 2015.

1. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

I assume she wasn't born in Konoha. Likely Sakura left to follow Sasuke or whatever and came back with Sarada. She tells Naruto that it's her kid and he assumes that she's telling the truth.

2. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The fact that this is a reasonable explanation pisses me off. Kishi continues to shit all over Sakura as a character just for the sake of Sasuke, if this is the case.

3. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

That's been the case since, well, the very beginning of the manga. I'd go so far as to say Sakura as a character is defined by this. You must have been pissed off for years.

4. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Yup.

It annoys me even more, because Kishi shat all over the potential stories of both NaruHina and NaruSaku by using NaruSaku as a literal 'Gotcha' gag. Spending the entire manga intentionally drawing parallels between her and Kushina while improving Naruto and Sakura's chemistry... in order to fool the readers. Sacrificing any semblance of a good story FOR THE LULZ.

I mean, don't get me wrong, NaruHina gets thumbs up from me. But it was a real dick move, and terribly executed. Everyone knew Hinata was a contender, so it's not like we weren't all already suspicious it would go that way.

And then, in the end, he just turns Sakura into a doormat who is so stupidly devoted to one man that she raises another woman's child for him? And keeps it secret from him. Like. Wooooow.

Honestly. Orochimaru being around, and younger, doesn't surprise me in the slightest. That he tried to Grow His Own Uchiha is another non-surprise. No, the big deal is that his home-grown Uchiha have their own individual traits while still being genetic copies.

LIKE. WHAT?! No. Genetics have a Huge amount to do with our personality. This one gets filed under Magic Chakra Bullshit I'm Going To Forget Happened.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  5. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

Damn and I liked Sakura too

6. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Maybe Kishi will throw in a real twist and the mother will be someone else entirely.

7. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

It'll all end on Maury

8. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

This is why I don't read Naruto anymore when you have to keep a note in the back of your head the author might just try to troll everyone and ruin your theories it really makes it hard to read sonething

9. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

And the big reveal of Sarada's mother is that it's Bellatrix Lestrange.

10. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

Nah bruh its Tayuya's Edo Tensei clone who came back to life fully after being killed, and was then impregnated by Orochimaru

11. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I could dig it. It's better then Karin at any rate.

12. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, the exact degree to which nature vs. nurture dictates someone's personality remains a heavily debated topic. Though you would think that Orochimaru's mass-produced Uchiha-clones wouldn't have radically different life experiences, so the point still stands.

Well, unless Orochimaru deliberately put each clone through a radically different childhood just to see how that would change things. Which seems weird and pointless, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. Orochimaru's a bit crazy that way.

13. PotterFan

PotterFan High Inquisitor

I have an idea as to how Salad is actually Sakura's daughter (and not just through the power of love)...but I'm pretty sure Kishi is lurking here....waiting to shit on any credible theory that pops up.

14. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So... everyone is just gonna ignore the fact that Sarada basically went 'Well, it looks like I didn't come out of your womb, so I don't care if you die' towards the only parental figure she's had her entire life?

This is why I hate kids.

15. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Uchihas, mang. Tobirama was right.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  16. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

Meh, I don't think she means it. I look at it the same way as kids screaming that they hate their parents when they're mad. Also she probably wouldn't be as pissed about it if she hadn't been lied to her entire life.

17. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Pretty much this. She's upset, angry, and an Uchiha. Course the first things she's gonna blurt out is some sociopathic shit. And she even has a legit reason to be this upset.

Being lied to about something as important(to most) as their parenthood isn't some small little deal like doing chores or something. I'd be beside myself with rage if i learned my mom wasn't my real mom. Thank god i'm not an Uchiha.

18. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Naruto the scientist. Studying the effects of concentrated despair and emotional upheaval on the rate of Sharingan Evolution. Do separate revelations in a short time period cause separate evolutions? Can more than one tomoe be gained at a time?

Unfortunately, his sample size is rather small. Either Sakura and Sasuke need to get busy again, or he has to wait till Sarada starts producing kids for his next round of testing.

Luckily, Naruto is an Uzumaki. He'll be around long enough to make good progress, assuming some Uchiha Proliferation.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  19. Hal

Hal Professor

Chapter is out.

20. Rache

Rache Headmaster

*sigh* Uchihas.