1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto: Random Facts

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Probellum, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

A loose interpretation of my own rules, but I'm counting thing like Clans and Organizations and such as characters.

It is a purposefully little known fact that most of the younger Ninja of the Yamanaka Clan are actually more susceptible and sensitive to things like Genjutsu and Killing Intent. This is because they are at the point in their training with their Clan Techniques that they've learned to start connecting their mind to others' but have yet to develop any of the noteworthy Mental Barriers found in the Older Yamanaka. Indeed, while the Younger Yamanaki Ninja are susceptible, the Older Yamanka have unusually high resistance to things involving the Mind or Emotions. In fact, every now and then the Clan will produce a Shinobi or Kunoichi who is nigh on immune to Genjutsu and Killing Intent. The last known Yamanaka with that ability was the latest Clan Head, Inoichi.

A bit long, but I liked it. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't contradict canon.

2. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

The original intent was to kill, but after taking the souls of Hashirama and Tobirama, and then having a sword go through his chest (not to mention his age), Sarutobi was too weak. Once Sarutobi realised that, he settled for just taking Orochimarus "soul-arms" as punishment, causing Orochimarus arms to decay. Sarutobis idea was to remove Orochimarus techniques, which was his obsession, by taking away Orochimarus ability to perform hand-seals. And ofcourse remove most of the threat Orochimaru could pose to Konoha in the process.

However it was implied that even this was enough to inflict near-fatal injuries, and Orochimaru would have died from them. Thats why he could not wait for Sasuke to arrive, but was forced to change bodies early.

However while that fixed his hands in the sense that he could move and use them, it seems that he still could not properly channel chakra through his hands and use hand-seals. So even after body-skip, he was still crippled as far as ninjutsu was concerned.

Its only after Orochimaru releases the souls of the hokages and the part of his soul that Shinigami ate, that he can once again use ninjutsu that requires hand-seals.