1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto WoT crossover

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Bronn, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Bronn

Bronn First Year

A plot bunny that hit me yesterday.

The Sage of Six Paths was the Dragon Reborn in the Sixth Age of The Wheel of Time.
    The sealing and separation of the Juubi, a representation of the Dark One, heralded the beginning of the Seventh Age.

Because everyone has chakra in them everyone is connected to the True Source, though there is a barrier limiting them from the true potential of the Source. This limitation causes the ninja to blend the True Source (spiritual energy) with their physical energies making chakra. That makes everyone wilders connected to the Source somewhat but they’re using it instinctively and not truly realizing the science behind it.

Using the Shinigami to seal Kyuubi in Naruto weakened that barrier. The demonic chakra tampers with the abilities this might have granted Naruto.

The story starts with Naruto training with Jiraiya for the Third Exam. Jiraiya unmakes the seal Orochimaru made causing Naruto to become aware of the leaking of Kyuubi’s chakra in his system. This makes him physically ill leaving no other choice than to put the seal back on.

He will have to relearn chakra control and find his limit with Kage Bunshin, no longer being able to spam them. He’ll recognize that he will have to fight smarter and make a little progress in that towards the beginning of the Third Exam.

Guildelines:
    -When Neji seals his chakra Naruto realize that he can use the spiritual energy (True Source) by itself.
    -Neji wins the match and Naruto will not be fighting Gaara. Their character development should change accordingly.
    -Naruto will have to figure out everything himself. No hidden scroll or memories of past lives.
    -If he’s only using the True Source his attacks wouldn’t be classified as more than C or B rank. The barrier is still there, it’s just weaker in him than in others.
    -He’ll be more able to sense the use of chakra.
    -If he ever is able to break down the barrier completely, he won’t be able to use chakra. It’d be physical energy for taijutsu and the True Source for “ninjutsu”
    - Naruto isn't an incarnation of the Dragon, though he could be a hero of the Pattern, a ta'veren or both.

I'll probably never write any of this, just had to get it out of my system and share the madness.

EDIT: I removed all colour tags. Please don't do that again. [Minion]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011
  2. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Huh. This actually sounds like a good fic. I haven't actually read WoT, but I could easily grasp the concepts in the fic and get an image of how it would look. The limits you place also ensure that Naruto doesn't become a mary-sue and the fic stays interesting.

Colour me impressed. First newbie who actually posted something entirely reasonable and cool. Also, your colour is still a little off by the way.

3. Nae

Nae The Violent

No.

/10char

4. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Sounds lame to me... then again, I'm not familiar with WoT.

5. disposablehead

disposablehead Seventh Year

Naruto being a Ta'veren makes more sense then cannon, actually. And Akatsuki are seeking to release the Dark One and use its power... Huh. I can think of another dozen cool aspects of it. This is actually a perfect crossover opportunity.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

For those that haven't read Wheel of Time:

The Source is the magic system in WoT. It's made up of two parts, saidin and saidar. Saidin is the male component and saidar is the female component. Both of them are equal and opposite. Think of yin and yang.

The religious system: based heavily on Judeo-Christian mythology, with some other religions elements thrown in. One creator, and a devil to oppose him. The Dragon Reborn is basically Jesus. Not the Creator, but as close as possible. His power in saidin is several magnitudes greater than the next strongest user.

Reincarnation plays heavily into this system. Everyone dies, and everyone is reborn again. Various ages come and go, there have been ages where the technology is superior to our own, where war and famine have disappeared -- and the current age in the books, where it's the basic fantasy staple, king/queens and castles and such.

A Ta'veren is someone that affects the pattern. The pattern is destiny, fate, whatever you want to call it. Ta'veren causes the pattern to shift around them, to change. Ta'veren are usually leaders of armies, they usually initiate great change in the world. They can change people's minds and actions, and it is implied that if a Ta'veren strong enough willed it, they could cause a person to simply drop dead on the spot. The Dragon Reborn implies he could do this, but he is quite possibly the strongest Ta'veren to ever exist.

Magic system: wielders of the system create "weaves" in order to interact with the world. There's earth, air, water, fire, and spirit.

Air can be used almost as another appendage. It can be hardened and used to bludgeon, it can also be used to bind someone. Fire can be used for the usual, throwing fireballs and such. I think it can also be used to get rid of fires by taking away the heat, but I forget.

Most applications we've seen of the one power deal with offensive/defensive moves. There's also a teleportation technique in which the user rips an opening in the fabric of the pattern, and opens a doorway to wherever they wish, no matter the distance (though they have to know both the place they are, and the place where they are going well enough). There are ways to protect and object to make it unbreakable, ways to protect food and other nondurable good from going bad, and wards to protect from vermin and others.

OP: You should be more specific in your post, it's kinda confusing to read. Some parts also make no sense, like why does Naruto have to lose against Neji?

7. syed

syed Supermod

What if naruto found the fox or snake door ways, so get three items, or three pieces of knowledge?

If this is the WoT world, there would be way gates and portal stones. There would also be a world of dreams. THat might really fit naruto world, the ability to have foretelling dreams, or able to dream walk would be invaluable.

THe wheel of time world, is about the male and female powers of the universe, the power of air,water, earth and fire and spirit.

WHAt about instead, naruto learns uzumaki sealing techniques, the unique and special ones that create, ter'angreal, sa'angreal, and angreal. THe sa'angreal and angreal help increase chakra control and reserves. SAy naruto uzumaki inherited a small clan statue, a small man holding a book. Naruto accidently channels chakra to a specific symbol, he activates the project library system. THe clan records would be invaluable. TO make the diffent types to work, naruto need to channel small amounts of each elemental chakra. He doesnt need to make weaponry to be useful, he can make many thing that would be very valuable. He doesnt need to make new things for along time, just to copy old blue prints.

be useful - http://www.encyclopaedia-wot.org/

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

I never knew why everyone held this intense hatred for you, syed, but I now see why.

9. Bronn

Bronn First Year

Thanks for posting info about WoT, I probably should have done this myself or at least posted a link. :facepalm

Naruto would basically have to learn to control his chakra again. Sure he knows how to do it, but without the slight demonic chakra in his system he'd have to adjust. That's at least two days wasted to get the water walking right.

I can see Naruto learning some tricks that surprises Neji, but in the end Naruto won because he had Kyuubi's chakra as a backup. He doesn't have this know and even if he access the True Source he would probably have tried to make a clone. It wouldn't because it lacks the physical part of chakra.

Basically I think he'd have to lose to realise that he have to fight in a smarter way.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

If Naruto ever learns how to create shields with Spirit, don't you think he just suddenly becomes the strongest? It's not something you can dodge, not something you can see, but it can cut off your chakra in an instant.

11. Bronn

Bronn First Year

It presents a problem, and there are probably some weaves he shouldn't be allowed to learn.

I think the shields could be broken unless they were constantly managed, and I guess that some of the more powerful could power through a tied weave.
    If so, there could be a limit to how many weaves he can make at the same time.

Two for the less complex weaves and one for things such as shielding. That would leave the fight purely physical as Naruto would not be able to make chakra while he's still using the shield.

12. Garrus

Garrus Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I really wish that Naruto had a version of Balefire, just so everybody didn't keep getting resurrected.

If it is the 6th Age, then I assume that there's no taint on Saidin. How much would you have to weaken the one power, because the stronger channelers can do some crazy shit. Did you see what Rand did to that Trolloc Army attacking Saldaea in the last book? Does this mean that every Ninja can channel? In Naruto, I think that everyone has the ability to utilize Chakra if they train enough, but in WoT only a small percentage of the population can utilize the one power, how would you reconcile this difference? If a channeler managed to restrain a ninja with threads of air, is there anything a ninja could actually do? What kind of security is possible if channelers can make gates to any location in the world? Is Madara and Akatsuki servants of the Dark One? Jordan's concept of ages and the lack of canon description of most of the ages makes the WoT universe fairly flexible, but I think you need to change the Naruto Chakra system pretty drastically to make it more compatible with WoT.

I've always wanted to see a crossover like this, but I could never think of a way to fuse the two stories together. Ta'veren!Naruto would be awesome and it would actually make Naruto's charisma make a little bit more sense. I'd love to see you try this story out, but I've always preferred the WoT universe and setting to Naruto's setting. I would almost rather see Naruto end up in Randland causing havoc and giving the Red Ajah headaches.

13. Bronn

Bronn First Year

I think there's been said to have been an Age where nobody could channel. I guess that there isn't too much of a reach to assume there could be one where everyone can.

I think the chakra system would work like this:
    Female channelers are unable to teach male channelers because Saidar and Saidin is different, but obviously female ninja can teach the males and the other way around. The physical aspect of chakra could force the threads of One Power to behave in a similar way for the different genders. So then it's the way they shape the chakra rather than how the weave gets formed that determines how the jutsu works. The weave would fall apart without the physical aspect. This would make Naruto unable to learn a jutsu just by looking at it. Channelers are pretty much instant learners.

Non elemental jutsu should be performed with threads of spirit, while elemental corresponds with threads of air, water, fire and earth. Lightning would be fire and air. Medical jutsu could include all of them.

While Naruto could learn how to do some things with the threads he's not strong in, by only using the One Power. He would have to learn how ninja form the element manipulation in order to do the element jutsu.

I think restraining someone with air would work like restraining someone with the kagemane jutsu. The hard part is not to give Naruto a weave that makes him the strongest. Air could be used to block the air supply after all.

I do not think that the Dark One should be in direct contact with someone, though he could manipulate things like the Jashin religion and he'd obivously gain something if Madara took control over the world.

Naruto in Randland would be funny. He'd be eaten alive by manipulations, bullheaded his way through them by his naivité or end up as King of Cairhien

14. syed

syed Supermod

What if the one source is external energy, while chakra is interior energy?

Be cooler if he had the dreaming talent, could meet famous dead ninja, explore the world yet stay at home. ALso, what if the naruto family or ancestors hid something in the land of dreams for the family to find and learn. Also with dreaming, he can travel and search libraries

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No .

16. Dnar Semaj

Dnar Semaj Seventh Year

Yeah, you should cut back on the powers a little bit. No one wants a hero that can get curb stomped by anyone but at the same time it sounds like you guys are rapidly approaching Gary-Stu territory.

17. syed

syed Supermod

What about a bloodline that allows for the body to channel a very stramge form of elemental chakra, that when channeled and combined create a very unique set of jutsu, its called elemental weaving or something.

Ways for naruto to get to rand land seems to be the best way to mesh stories:
    needs to go to a special land to find the secret behind sage jutsu,
    birth place of the juubi,
    naruto world was an aes sedai project in another world to create a warrior race or sanctuary from the breaking,
    naruto channels in to a portal stone

18. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

That aes sedai project actually sounds pretty cool, kind of like the plot to Claymore. But goddamn Syed, you post some retarded shit.