1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by zUzaque, Oct 26, 2005.

1. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

I just discovered Naruto, read the manga in a week, liked it and is now looking for fanfiction.

if you know any good ones, tell me, or if you just wanna talk bout it, thats cool too.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

3. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i just discovered it too like a few week age and got the mangas to go with it...that and One Piece as well

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

One Piece has got to be the shittest thing i've ever seen. My god...

5. Antivash

nah... i can top it....

He Is My Master
    ... its garunteed to be threee times worse.. last i read it anyway..

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Bloody Whiskers by MystikD109 and Fox Identity by Arkhe are the two best Darkish Naruto stories I've come across. I've recently become hella addicted to this series and fandom. Expect a novel-length Naruto fic out of me before long. I've heard people here complain that there are no really good Evil!Naruto fics out there. I fully intend to change that, so stay tuned. In the meantime, check out the two stories listed above. That first fic Vash listed also gets my recommendation. Good Akatsuki!Naruto stories are rare.

7. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

I like most all the Dark and Evil ones. I'm not a fan of the Akatsuki ones though. See, when I finally get around to writing something, its either going to be Naruto or HP. I've got some notes on one for Naruto right now that I wrote during math today and I got some notes on my HP story. Never going to write them.

But, all the stories these guys have listed are good. I like some of MaxFic's and HarbringerLady's. Right now I'm just messing around with humor though.

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I've already become a pairing whore here too. I rather dislike the Naruto/Hinata pairing. It reminds me too much of Harry/Ginny, with the shy girl having the massive crush, and it's also the most cliched and overdone pairing this side of Sasuke/Sakura (which I also despise, along with generally hating Uchiha Sasuke as a character).

9. Antivash

Never read thouse.. gonna have to check them out...

From Cherub to Devil by Cyn Wraith (Completed) is a good darkish one in my opinion...

10. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

What is Naruto about? I really know nothing about it other than it makes for the worst HP crossovers. :oops:

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

9 demons, ninja, power, good guy, bad guy,

12. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

"Twelve years ago, Kyuubi, the legendary nine-tailed demon fox, attacked the Village of the Hidden Leaf, Konohamaru. Valiantly, the Fourth Hokage of the Hidden Leaf ninja village sealed the demon into the bellybutton of a newly born baby at the cost of his own.

Now twelve years old, Uzumaki Naruto is a born troublemaker, desperate to get any attention he can. When he finds out that he is the one whom the Kyuubi was sealed inside of, his hopes and dreams of becoming Hokage of the Hidden Leaf village doesn't seem so distant. With his dead-pan teacher Hatake Kakashi, and partners Haruno Sakura, who is always in two minds, and Uchiha Sasuke, the sole survivor of the massacre that destroyed his clan, Naruto is out to become the very best ninja that he can.

But dark forces are at work in the land, through the hands of the snake-tongued Orochimaru and the secret plots of the Akatsuki organisation. As Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are drawn into a world of battle and upheaval, their destines become bound together with many other young ninjas, as they struggle to prevail against the oncoming darkness. "
    found it on some site

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Didn't like it. He turned good again and returned to the village in the end, and that ruined the entire story for me. When I do my fic, he's going to slaughter everybody in Konoha more than likely. Well, at least a good number of them.

14. Antivash

i didnt mind the end so much... was way back in the day.. when i wasnt into the HP section or the overly dark crap... *shrugs* not an excuse but meh... i still like it for some reason

15. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

16. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

17. Silke

Silke Second Year

18. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    As they old topic is well over three months old, I figured I'd start a new one. Does anyone here besides me want to kill the casting person that did the American version of Naruto? I couldn't watch for more than five minutes because of Naruto's American voice. He sounds like a girl!

19. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Thank god I never saw it.

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

The girly voice I can live with. 'BELIEVE IT!' makes me want to strangle somebody. Naruto is supposed to be annoying I know, but this dub takes it beyond what is tolerable. I don't have a problem with most of the other VA's. Shino's deep voice didn't really do it for me, I would have always thought him the type to speak in a quiet whisper. And Gai was just horrendous. I would have expected him to have a deep loud bellow. Instead he sounds like some surfer bum on a California beach. Terrible.