1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2017/2018 Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Rah, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Rah

Rah Auror

The NBA deserves its own thread at DLP, especially after that crazy trade deadline.

Here's a list of all the trades that happened.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/7w6kqx/serious_2018_nba_trade_deadline_megathread/

I think the biggest winners here are the Cavs. They totally revamped their entire team, got rid of a lot of locker room drama and aging players with bad contracts for younger athletic wings. As a Celtics fan I'm terrified of what this Cavs team can do after some chemistry building.

Also wtf were the Magic doing with that Payton for a 2nd deal?

2. Nevermind

Nevermind Sixth Year

High Score:
    Agreed. I especially like the look of the PG position compared to what the Cavs had before. Excited to see what Clarkson can do on that team.

3. Seyllian

Seyllian Auror DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have no idea why It's did that trade. The Lakers moves make sense as does the Kings. But what did the Jazz get out of moving Hood?

4. Rah

Rah Auror

Hood is an RFA this year and Utah wasn't going to sign him back. Instead of letting him walk for free they get Jae on a solid contract (would be a great contract if he gets back to his Boston self, which I could see under Snyder). Rose doesn't matter to them, they'll release him and he'll go sign with some contender or retire.

5. Seyllian

High Score:
    Still. I guess I'm just salty cause I hate LeBron, but the Jazz are the clear losers of the trade.

6. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I hate IT glad to see him gone after this video with his sons, good trades for Cleveland, but blake in Detroit is the clear winner for both teams right now.

7. Seyllian

High Score:
    IT was so fucking obnoxious. His play gave him no leg to talk

8. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

And now his agent (IT’s) said that IT demends to be in starting 5, but LAL and Magic says no and that L.Ball will be in s5.

9. Seyllian

High Score:
    Well, yeah. IT's problem is that he is not in the plans of any team. You can't win a championship with him starting so he is basically useless. Combine that with the fact that if he isn't average 25+ points, his defense is so bad he is unplayable.

10. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

Looks like Dallas is going to figure to be in the top 5 of the lottery in a season where there's 4 elite prospects. Decent odds.

11. Seyllian

High Score:
    5 prospects imo

12. sonny_yalin

sonny_yalin Third Year

I was pretty happy with the Bulls deadline. They offloaded Niko for a pick that could be late lottery if things shake out right.

13. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

Doncic, Ayton, Bagley and Young were who I was talking about. Would you add Mo Bamba too?

And Porter Jr. might be the most talented one, but injury history is scary.

14. Seyllian

High Score:
    I was thinking of Porter

15. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

I legit had a dream a few days ago about us winning the lotto and getting Doncic to pair with Dennis Smith JR

16. Seyllian

High Score:
    But..but.. I want Doncic. Come on Lakers, tank tank tank! Get the pick for us!

17. Rah

Rah Auror

I think Doncic goes first over all and we never get a chance to take him. And porter should still be taken top 5, young is at 6 for me right now.

18. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy Alchemist

If Dallas picks 3rd or 4th and Doncic and Ayton were gone, I'd think long and hard about Mo Bamba. He's just so fucking long and I feel like the ceiling is ludicrous. He could play good defense at the NBA level right now I feel like, and his offensive game is coming along nicely.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Rah
  19. Seyllian

High Score:
    I don't know about that. I feel like the NBA right now is a wing's league. I'd pick Porter if I were you guys.

20. Rah

Rah Auror

Everyone wants the next unicorn though, and Doncic has been straight up impressive in Spain.

Honestly it'll depend on who's picking when, if the Celtics get the 2nd pick they definitely take Ayton or Bamba in my opinion. As an Al Horford replacement in a few years. If they get pick 5 and those two are gone I could see them reaching for Jaren Jackson.