1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Need a Beta for a Doctor Who/Dune crossover

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Padishah Emperor, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Padishah Emperor

Padishah Emperor First Year

I've been working on Oedipus for over a year now, and in that time haven't found a single beta reader who I feel would be good for it. It's quite flawed, particularly in typos and the excessive swearing in the early chapters; nonetheless, I think it has a lot of promise and good turn out to be a library worthy fic.

I'm looking for a quite hands on beta, someone who will not only make sure my spelling and grammar is fine, but someone who is willing to rewrite parts of submitted chapters if necessary. I need them to be familiar with Doctor Who, and it would be a great if they were familiar with the Dune series as well.

Hope someone is interested. Thanks.

2. Padishah Emperor

Ok, I'm bumping this as I'm getting desperate... and I'm not wanting to try my luck on Fanfiction.net again.

3. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

You are encouraged to use the WbA. It doesn't replace a beta, but it's a start.

4. Padishah Emperor

Already done, though it's a simple matter of whether people review it then, which is entirely up to them. Begging for reviews is hardly going to make me popular with DLP or anyone with a brain.