1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

News about future books

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Longinus, Jun 16, 2008.

1. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

Maybe he botched some fire spell and had to hide the evidence *cough*
    but than learned that it made him look badass and just kept it?

2. Immolo

Immolo High Inquisitor

What type of moron would think that is a cane sword? Cane swords by definition can't have a cross hilt.

3. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Remember everybody's speculation on the Deathly Hallows covers? about how the back meant that Harry and Voldermort would have it out in a arena or behind the veil.

The cover only ever shows you enough to get you interested, like a movie trailer, your not going to find any spoilers on in however many times you go over it with a magnifying glass.

4. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

Well there is a glimmer or light in the blood channel in the center of the blade length. Looks blue or silver. :)

Actually, that makes sense. Glimmer of holy light from the sword, and a bit of hellfire in the staff. Demonstrates Harry's two sides well.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2008
  5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I'm under the opinion that it's Morgan's sword.

6. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Why is everyone so insistent that it is Hellfire...? He has not had access to Hellfire since Lash 'died.' If you look at the old covers it was lit up on some of them as well. As for the sword? Seeing as how this book deals with Morgan and the White Council, odds are it is Morgan's.

Over on Butcher's site it has been said that Princeps Fury is going to be coming out in the end of November and not the start of December. Also I need to check and see if this was confirmed or not but one of Butcher's Beta's/Moderators said that they got a message from the publisher saying that Backup was going to be coming out in late September.

Edit: I just looked and on Amazon it says Halloween still but on the list at his website it says early October, so who knows for sure.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  7. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

I find it unlikely that it's Morgan's sword, since it fits the description fits Michael's. Morgan has a longsword. Just because the Morgan thing may be the mainplot doesn't mean the cover can't contain elements of a subplot that's been in the books since Death Masks.

And it may not be Hellfire, but that's certainly the most likely considering what we know about it.

8. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

It's likely because it requires a FALLEN ANGEL to be residing in your head? Yea, ok.

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Lash's source of Hellfire was Lasciel. When Lash joined Team Dresden wasn't she cut off?

10. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Exactly... Also she is at the very minimum badly hurt in the back of Dresden's mind and unable to do anything.

11. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Now that's just speculation. Logically we really have no basis to decide when she switched sides. Was it when she 'died'? Well then we can't really speculate at all, because we havn't seen anything involving lash-much less hell fire since then.

Personally I'd say it was when she was invited by Dresden to change and started using his soul (See end of book 9 conversation with Bob for the full explanation.)

We know she was living off Dresdens 'soul' for a while, at least since he named her and she started changing. However he had access to hell fire well up until she 'died'.

As for why it may be hell fire on the front page-Butcher said somewhere on his forum that lash would make a comeback, and I'm 99% sure he said we'd see her in book 11. That'd be Turn Coat, it's a acceptable theory to believe it may be Hell fire.

12. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

I'm pretty sure that it was said that Lasciel would definitely be seen again and that Lash might make a comeback at some point. As for you guys reading into these covers way too much here. http://christianmcgrath.com/mainpages/summer_knight.html

OMG his staff is glowing. It must be Hellfire. Oh wait thats the 4th books cover...

13. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Is it just me or arent we getting close to the time that Butcher starts posting the first chapters?

14. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Feb 10 is when we'll get the first teasers, according to Jim's website forum...

In other news, a couple of great novellas have been released - Backup (from Thomas' perspective) and Warrior (about dealing with Michael's injury). Just to hold you over, in case you didn't know.

15. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

February 10th, eh? I searched his site a few times and couldn't find that date anywhere--but I could be blind as hell. I was getting ready to start a thread asking that here, so thanks for sharing.

As for Lash and Hellfire--it'd be interesting to see Lash make a comeback, but that and Harry's staff glowing aren't mutually exclusive. The 'sigils' he carved into his staff are basically conduits for his magic. It's how the staff can be used as a focus. Thus, the glow that everyone is so sure means Hellfire is glowing because Dresden is pushing power into it. Or at least that's my interpretation.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  16. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Shezza's Potter carved runes for hellfire in his wand to help him control it. To my knowledge Dresden never did that. He just pumped hellfire into his spells.

I would say Shezza's Potter had far more Hellfire at his disposal than Dresden ever did since Dresden never took up the coin or really mastered it the way Potter did in DR.

17. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Well, yeah. Naturally. Why wouldn't he have more Hellfire at his disposal?

18. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

I'm just happy that we don't have to wait so long for his books to come out, like with some other series...*cough* Harry Potter *cough* and until now he has in my opinion always gotten better, unlike some others.

This may is just going to be great, the new book and the second FMA series,
    awesome, fuck the final exams!

19. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The only real issue with them coming out fast, is that if we see a new book, once a year, it will still be 14 years until the series is completed. 25 books in the series is a fuck load, jesus.

I hope to hell that he doesn't go and pull a Robert Jordan on us

20. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yeah, that jerk intentionally contracting cancer just to piss off we readers...the bastard!