1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

News about future books

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Longinus, Jun 16, 2008.

1. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

At least we have something to look forward to every year *shrug*
    Could be worse, imagine how long we would have to wait for so many books if he took longer...than I could give the books to my children when they are MY age and they still would have to wait.

2. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Still a seems like a long ass wait. Its really remarkable that he puts out 2 books a year at the least. But it seems like forever from April of 1 year to April of the next.

3. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think he should just focus on one series, then another. But then again, thats just all personal preference. I just want moar Dresden.

4. Blackvoice

Blackvoice Third Year

Well, he did say in the forums that, if he wanted the money or followed what some fans want, he could concentrate in one series and write two books a year, but that he'd end up sick of it and the quality would drop.

I think one a year is already more than one can expect, so I'm happy. Some variety does one good.

5. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Alera is finished in December anyway so thats out of the way. I just hope he does as good on Princeps fury as Captains fury.

6. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

I thought that he said awhile back somewhere on his web site that he would be starting another series after Alera was finished up? I'll take a look around and see if I can find the link.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No linkage, but I remember reading the same thing.

8. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^ Same goes.

I think its some type of scifi one.

9. pnub

pnub First Year

Someone asked Jim why he couldn't just write two Dresden books a year on the forum and Jim replied that the Publishers wouldn't let him write more than one book a year due to a fear that the two books would end up competing with each other for sales. So combined with the fact that he's also said he'd be bored looks like we are going to have to wait another 12 years for the series to end as I believe there is still 9 case file books to go and the apocalyptic trilogy.

As for what’s we have to look forward to filling the time between Dresden I’ll post what Jim wrote about the next series he's going to start for anyone that's interested.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  10. craigery9700

craigery9700 First Year DLP Supporter

The beginning portion about the genetic engineering reminds me a lot of Gundam Seed, and the separation problems associated with it as well as the living off world portion.

Not saying i would dislike it or anything sounds interesting.

11. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Hmmm, thanks for that quote, sounds pretty interesting to me. Then again I'm a pretty big scifi fan.

12. pnub

pnub First Year

No problem.
    Jim said after that one, he has plans for another in his words EPIC fantasy novel although he’d have to learn all about sailing before he wrote it so I’m interested to see what he comes up with there, and that should carry him through to the end of the Dresden series.
    Although, some good news for us is that when it comes to the Apocalyptic trilogy he’s going to be writing Dresden and only Dresden so maybe we’ll get lucky and get more than one book a year, or if not get some extremely long final books. I’m a bit torn there, if I’d prefer longer books or to get the final books quicker.

13. malaga

malaga Auror

The end of that synopsis sounds kind of like MiB to me, but I am still really excited about it.

Not excited enough to buy the first book sight unseen, but enough to sneak into Borders or Dymmocks the day we (finally) get the books Americans have had for weeks and speed read it. It's like pirating a film rather than buying a movie ticket I know, but I will probably buy it eventually.