1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Nine Tailed Serpent by LT2000 - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by LT2000, Jan 18, 2006.

1. fantasyfreak

fantasyfreak Fifth Year

hay fantastic story not much to say except that it's one of the few true ant-cliche Naruto fics and pairings wise I hoping that you decide to go for Ank/Naruto/Kurenai it just seems that Anko will be able to give his sadistic self happy and maybe Kurenai can make sure he stays human not just sadistic demon

2. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

The cruelty you had bestowed upon Hinata was amusing. A Chameleon mask, a great spinoff than the cliche snake or fox. Hm, though I pity Sasuke's usefulness, for some reason I find it amusing as well. O_O! Keep up!

3. Vendo

Vendo Fourth Year

FINALLY Hinata snaps and uses the Cage seal! After learning of the seal and rewatching the second task i wondered why she didnt use it! Great update, though i really wish you'd update Dakaath despite you not liking how it turned out.

4. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

Hmm...good update I suppose. It's a pity that I can't really enjoy any prelim rounds anymore, no matter how well done or how many new twists to it. The insight into the different characters was great and what I particularly liked in this respect were Orochimaru and the Sandaime. While most stories just take the frame canon offers, it was nice to see a deeper and more elaborated personality in those two (e.g. Sandaime's more serious and ruthless side when he lets Dosu die; Orochimaru's attitude towards his 'creations', etc.).
    Heh...everything else, like writing, was nice as always though you seem to be using more and more Japanese (or is it just me? =/). While I don't really have much of problem with that as long as it's reasonable (weapons, jutsu, titles/ranks, names, etc.), it sometimes bothers me when it's simply too much. I can only read stuff like 'nani?', 'sugoi!' or 'gaki' so often before it starts to get annoying. Well, anyway, your story is still far from that...just wanted to tell you to be careful with that.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Oh yeah, because Canon!Hinata is really a cruel bitch. /sargasm

So you want an author that doesnt even like his own story to continue it, just for you? /snorts

Anyway, back on topic. Great chapter. I liked the whole Hinata thing. It was great. I'd like to see her pushed more often in this, but not to the point where she is an psycho uppity bitch all the time.

I look forward to more.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

For those of you who are still wondering about this story's pairing, I've got it pretty much narrowed down to two possibilities, and Anko and Kurenai are not among them. Neither has ever even been attempted in a decent-length story to my knowledge. Also, I should be starting the nexy chapter within the next couple of days, so there will likely be an update sometime within the coming week depending on work.

7. Verse of Darkness

No Anko? That's a spinoff. Well, I can always cross my fingers for TenTen, Temari or possibly TAYUYA!

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Nope, nope and nope...the two characters I have in mind are a lot more obscure than those three. Think more about the movies and the filler arcs as opposed to the main canon.

9. Verse of Darkness

X_X! - never watched a filler in his life and only watched two movies... Waterfall Arc and Snow Arc - Oh well, atleast it'd be original. - goes to figure this out -

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  10. fantasyfreak

fantasyfreak Fifth Year

well whatever pairing you do use I have no doubt it will be a well written storyline between them

11. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

The movies and fillers? Humm...no matter how hard I try, I can just come up with complete retards. At least it will be surprising...

12. Aensland

Aensland Third Year

Heh, I've avoided the anime like the plague. Pity it's not either Anko, or Kurenai, as I'm really liking the interaction between them and Naruto. But that can continue either way, I suppose. I was also kinda thinking that the two-tailed container chick might be fitting, but I don't think she was in the movies/filler.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

We'll see...I'm still thinking about it to a large degree. I wanted to try something with that Isaribi girl (the one Orochimaru's scientists experimented on to create a sort of fish hybrid) but we shall see. Like I've said in past posts, the plot's eventual direction will make pairing Naruto with anyone from Konoha somewhat dicey.

14. fantasyfreak

fantasyfreak Fifth Year

huh is it Tsunami not a common pairing could be intrusting if written write:confused:

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Two problems with that. First, Naruto didn't exactly make a good impression on Tazuna and co. in Wave Country. He stayed the first night, left and went to the Hidden Mist, came back and butchered a whole lot of people at the bridge (as well as almost wrecking the bridge when he called out Manda) and then took off back to Konoha solo and didn't stick around for the fallout. Tsunami (and Inari) would be more terrified of and disgusted with Naruto than anything else. Second, that pairing kinda necessitates him settling down in Wave Country, which is not likely something he's willing to do (no more than he would want anything to do with being Inari's new daddy).

16. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm proud to say that my fanfic is that first Naruto/Isaribi fanfic in the FF.net Naruto fan forum (there was another, but it was an HP crossover, so i dont count it). I think it requires a Naruto that can break through to an angsty isaribi, and im not sure that the naruto that you've created has the potential to do that. he's an ANBU, so there wont be the potential for any sort of meaningful...thing, whatever, that needs to happen for any sort of relationship to develop. At this point, the best (in my view) pairing would have to come out of Naruto's ANBU squad. Whatshername, Yuugao? that would require a bit of a relationship buildup beforehand.

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Either way, I intend to include the Isaribi/Sea Country arc (or at least my convoluted version of it). We'll see how things look for the pairing when I get to that point. I don't want to spoil too much of the plot's direction on a public forum, but I will say that things will be going to Hell in a handbasket soon.

18. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Sera, you've used that expression so many times now in reference to the future of the fic.

Enlighten us of the details in an update. The suspense is literally killing me. I mean, yeah.

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Sometimes I feel really giddy knowing what the future of the stories is. I can honestly say none of you will guess it unless you list off every female from the filler's, and even then you may not. -grins.-

Sera has outdone himself with his ideas.

20. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Since FFN's shitty mail server is on the fritz AGAIN, I'm going to post a note here. Updated on New Year's.