1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Non Dark Anakin shenanigans

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Seratin, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    After Rogue One I'm in a bit of a SW kick but apart from The Son if Suns trilogy I'm not very familiar with the fandom.

Could anyone recommend a decent AU where Anakin doesn't turn to the dark side?

2. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Assorted works of geo3

The trilogy he wrote isn't exactly non dark...but Ani doesn't go murdering younglings either. Fortune's Gate is a rather interesting take on an AU of Anakin being turned away by the order.

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

There's a couple of decent time travel Peggy Sue type stories, though the better ones tend to be Obi-wan focused if you'd be interested in those. I'll dig up the links and edit at some point.

EDIT:
    Just a quick warning, haven't read some of these through in a while so can't say how they hold up, but:

Reprise series:
    Obi-wan travels back in time, but he doesn't "wake up" in his younger body - he stays in his older one. Probably doesn't quite fit into what you're looking for, since the majority of it has Anakin still as a child (9/10ish). Can't say I remember how much angst/filler there is, but it's decent enough. The series is not finished, but given they've written something like 250k words in a year, I don't think there's that much to worry about. Cool premise at least.

Coalesced Matter:
    Story about Dooku interacting with Obi-wan and Anakin on a mission. Not overtly AU as it takes place before AotC. The author(s) have written a couple of other good AU fics, might be worth giving those a try if you like their style of writing. Sometimes a bit too angst-y/introspective (they seem to love talking about psychology).

There's a couple more, but I forgot to bookmark them so I'll have a search later.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  4. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yoda's Shadow is a half-decent Peggy Sue though it has time-travelling repentant Anakin in it.