1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Noooooo Final Fantasy VII!

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by serenadeofhatred, Jun 4, 2012.

1. serenadeofhatred

serenadeofhatred First Year

I've just gotten FFVII for the Playstation a few days ago, and I was having a blast, cruising around the world, fighting monsters, and having a few laughs.

But then, out of the blue...

CORRUPTED MEMORY CARD

I put more then eighteen hours into this game, and now it's all gone? Yeah, and I don't think I'm willing to slog through all those cutscenes again.

And to think, I was more worried about the discs... Ugh.

Well, is there anything I can do to make sure this doesn't happen again?

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Get a new memory card. And double-check the discs I guess, in case those decide to fail on you next.

Eighteen hours isn't that much for this game. Going through it again is doable. Give it a while before starting again though, so it doesn't feel as stale.

3. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Particularly in a Final Fantasy game, eighteen hours is nothing. If it's your first run through, you can probably catch back up to where you were in quite a few less than that. You know where to go, you know where the items are. Might even find out you missed a few things.

While it is enormously overrated, FFVII is definitely a game worth playing through.

The only way I can think of is to regularly duplicate your saved file onto a different memory card.

4. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

18 hours on ffVII is less than nothing. Maxing out materia, getting KotRT, and leveling you hit at least 90 hours at the least

5. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

He probably spent half of those 18 hours grinding. I remember doing something similar in FFVII once I reached the world map. I spent a stupid amount of time levelling my characters and materia.

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I point and laugh at foolishness. Did you forget how rage inducing PSX memcards were?

Also, if you legit own it and have a decent computer, just grab ePSXe and play it there. Right-click/copy/paste and no more lost saves. D:

7. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Happened to me once, when I was playing FF IX. Had a backup memory card ever since, with all my major data...

But yeah, <20 hours is nothing compared to when it usually happens, like having mastered multiple KotRs and moph source max statted your main party... good old days.

8. serenadeofhatred

serenadeofhatred First Year

I have never actually used a PSX memory card before. I got it just to play this game on my PS2.

I think I will download it, just in case. How do I do that?

9. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No warez on the forums, but google is your friend. 4chans vg board always has an emulation thread so you can ask there.

10. Lens of Sanity

Lens of Sanity Backtraced

Yeah, not so much. I try to play this game at least once every 365 days, but failed dismally during 2011

Yet I've a save which maxed our all character's Lvl4 Limit Breaks (Including Aeris) ... Got every character to Lvl99, with all the Ultimate Weapons, with both Emerald and Ruby smushed to death ... Had 3 Master Final Attack and Master Revive materias, a Master Summon, AND a second Mastered KotR materia

The save file counts it as 42 hours

@Mr. serenadeofhatred: Save every file twice you twat! Alternate at every save point!​

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012