1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL thread for Half Blood Prince ***WARNING**SPOILERS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Jul 15, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

This is the thread you guys need to be talking about HBP in with spoilers.

PLEASE do not ruin it for those who will not be able to read the book for several days, the posts I catch doing that i'm immediatley deleting.

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I'll let Mid delete them...my book doesn't arrive until tomorrow. Though I have a pretty good idea who was biting the dust by studying the cover again. Don't tell me if I'm right but...Dumbledore? It make sense.

3. Lord_Slytherin

Lord_Slytherin Third Year

Well I’m about 110 pages in.

*Spoilers*

Slightly disappointed so far. The first two chapters were great, particularly the second chapter. Very interesting take. But all the Harry stuff has been rather flat so far.

And omg, Ginny is one annoying bitch. If she manages to get her claws around Harry I will scream like a delusional pyromaniac and then Burn my Harry Potter books.

4. Midknight

Aye can't say I didnt warn ya in the other thread, lol

This should be failry updated, I hadnt check the content yet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_and_the_Half-Blood_Prince

Ya know i often wonder too, if JKR swipes ideas from fanfiction authors. I saw a few lines and ideas that i'd read years ago in fics used in HBP.

Not like the authors could sue her for plagerism ya know, lol.

Gotta love her flair for dealing with unfleshed out characters like i've mentioned before, lol.

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Mah gawd...canon Harry/Ginny and Dumbledore being killed by fucking SNAPE of all people. I am a sad, sad panda right now. I can say this much, I won't be incorporating this book into any fanfics I might write in the future. Everything I do will be some sort of divergent AU, and probably most starting early in the series. I suppose it could have been worse. If Albus had been killed by Draco, I would've been marching on somewhere with a torch and pitchfork as I type this.

6. Midknight

FINALLY i can break my own code of silence... i was trying to be obscure about the book.

Snape.. Dumbledore.. I'll leave that BS alone.

The overall book is pure SHIT, I was set on that early yesterday.

JKR is out of ideas, she's just taken some of the worst damned fanfics and shoved them into a retail book, and pulled some weird crap out there as well.

JKR kills so many damned people it's not funny. Got a character you liked? Didn't know much about them? Disposable? DEAD. Wewt.

-harry gets Sirius' stuff. Yawn.

-what a HALF ASSED COINCIDENTAL WAY for the half blood prince bit to be introduced.. I mean shit, seriously thats ALL she could come up with??!?!?!

-Yes.. we all KNOW about Voldemorts past.

If i EVER see one more damned passage about QUIDDITCH I'll vomit. seriously. They're in a war, and yet parts of it read like "Hey half the kids here parents just got killed, oh well I got to get ready for the trials!"

Overall it takes forever to get any damned thing done. I'm 100% glad I didn't pay for this utter )(*^@_*)(@ of a book, and i'm not reading canon again.

7. True Story

True Story Third Year

WHAT HAPPENED AFTER SNAPE KILLED DUMBLEDORE?

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Snape killed Albus... what the fuck!? What a cunthole. Did he AK him in the back or something? I mean, in a duel, Albus would kick his ass.

Harry/Ginny... thats fucking stupid. I swear its all wrong. WRONG! She was left out to dry after the second book and now comes back with all this? BAH!

9. Midknight

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Its because he took that stupid vow? I mean... argh!

11. Midknight

pieces of crap like this book make me wonder what in the bloody hell is wrong with people for them to buy it.

I mean, I personally read Hp FF b/c i liked some of the story set in book 1-3. Everything past book 3 has just been pure plot hole driven garbage.

12. True Story

True Story Third Year

He needs to be murdered. Tortured for months...the bastard......

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Ron and Hermione... get together!@#$~? *shudders*

Thats the wrong move in my opinion. It takes a lot of the spotlight off Harry because its 2/3rds of the Trio. I just hope it doesnt have them snogging and shit, i swear.

See some people are saying that... since Harry failed to cast the Cruciatus curse cuz he didnt enjoy causing pain... maybe Snape's AK didnt work cuz he didnt WANT to kill Dumble's... hrmm, interesting.

14. True Story

True Story Third Year

Wow for all the fanfics I ahve seen with Snape being some Uber cunnign bastard and so sly He realy messed up big time when he made that vow without even knowing what Malfoy's mission was....Idiot.

15. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

16. True Story

True Story Third Year

I blame it on the fanfiction for this big anti klimax I mean what the hell this is what Ive been pining over for two years? What a waste. So much potential all thrown away.....sickening.

17. TaldMar

TaldMar First Year

Ok just so my brain can get this all in my little tiny brain.

Snape makes some stupid promise. Draco turns from loud mouthed idoit into evil master mind. Ron is Ron, Hermoine does an amazing impression of Cho and then they end up snogging at a funeral. Harry pines after Ginny, Ginny is annoying so they ofcourse get together then Harry leaves Ginny. Tonks gets together with Remus for no reason.

You know this sounds alot like half the fan girl fanfics out there lets hopes this is written half decent.(haven't read book just spoilers online, it took me six months after book 5 was released to read it)

18. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

WTF

yes that is the entire book, you dont even need to read it now.
    i think im going to kill myself after reading this. (not really, i really want to kill JK) by an off chance did it seem like JK stole the whole soul object thing (theres no way in hell i will pick up the book to find out what the real name is). It sounds remarkably like a Lich's phylactery. :?:

19. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Tonks gets together with Remus ............nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........why?....why?...it should be harry and tonks :( :x :oops: :cry:

i'll get you for this JKR

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I think this has to be the worst book she has writen so far and i havnt even read it. It just sounds so rushed and... crappy. Half the fanfictions out there sound better, seriously. Its just whack.

Whats with that Lavender thing and Ron? I mean, she just suddenly likes Ron to give Hermione a reason to be jealous? Whack. I hope Harry doesnt return to Hogwarts, he goes off on his own or something or with Tonks/Remus/Moody. Bugger his friends, they sound annoying now... all of them.

Not open for further replies.