1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

"One Piece" anime and manga

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by CrashLTD, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Blacktyler

Blacktyler Squib

High Score:
    Well, to be fair having over 800 chapters it must be difficult to keep the story interesting. With having a new cast every arc you avoid monotony. Unless of course you consider introducing new characters every arc monotonous in itself. :confused:

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Well yeah, because each character is given a 'woah, look how unique and/or quirky this guy/group is' introduction that we're expected to care about. Character fatigue is a thing. I just want stuff to happen by this point.

3. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

The things I dont like about this arc are the slave bracelet plotline thingy, and this silly forest thing. It's dumb, and a time waster, and that's pretty much it.

4. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

I disagree, constantly reusing old characters (especially villains) is one of my most hated tropes in fiction, and especially in anime/manga, since to me it is often pure laziness that leads to horrible storytelling.

5. Zeemz

Zeemz Second Year

Kinda late with this but I thought the last chapter was a bit better than average. We have more information about Big Mom's devil fruit which was nice, though for the most part it lined up with the theories. I do remember Brook mentioning that the shadows taken by Moriah were like souls. And with the semi-recent information about Absalom being a reporter I think we might see Moriah again in this arc.

Also nice to see Carrot look awesome fighting and Nami easily escaping. Nami's weapon can probably be used with lightning or heat to do even more damage.

One nitpick I had was that a lot of the info reveals weren't exactly subtle (same thing with the chapter from last week). But after Dressrosa I think everyone's a little tired of slowly revealed conspiracies.

6. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    We might get to see an actually interesting fight happen. Fingers crossed.

7. Darkskeleton

Darkskeleton Squib

If Luffy doesn't go all out, they die. So outside of Lola father, I can't see anyone helping them. There should be a good fight coming.

8. mort

mort Groundskeeper

I have a really strong hunch that Enel will pop up again, sooner rather than later, and shake things up. His power was way too good to waste on a one arc villain imo.

9. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

We also know what happened to Enel post his arc, via the chapter cover pages.

He freaking flew to the moon and found what looks like an army of robo dogs with wings, iirc.

One day he will fly back into the story with his new army, but who knows if he would help Luffy or attack him?

10. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Yeah, it's one of the reasons why I have high hopes for a cool Enel return- Oda usually has one in store for most the characters whose stories he tells via chapter cover stories.
    Also wasn't there supposed to be a king summit (reverie I think?) some time soon? Feels like a good point to introduce the revolutionaries properly into the story.

11. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They've been going on about Reverie happening soon for the last few chapters.

"Despite no longer ruling any land, the Vinsmoke Family, as the ruling family of the maritime Germa Kingdom, retain the status and the privileges of royalty, including the right to attend Reverie."

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Reverie

12. AndreasE

AndreasE Squib

High Score:
    I've been a fan of one piece for quite a while. I thought the chapter that was released today was pretty good. The interactions between the crew members cracked me up, which is one of the things I love about one piece. It tends to have some good light-hearted humour and yet still manages to cover some pretty serious stuff.

13. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Yeah, but whose wedding is Shanks at? Is it his? Makino x Shanks confirmed?

14. Darkskeleton

Darkskeleton Squib

He looked more like a guest than anything. He does seem to have a big crew, so to have one of them married is not impossible.

15. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

16. mort

mort Groundskeeper

They're giving off some heavy Nazi vibes, that's for sure.

17. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I find myself loving Sanji more than ever after seeing the sort of environment he was raised in. Him kicking his father's face in is going to be oh so satisfying...

18. DerHesse

DerHesse Unspeakable

Damn, some serious revelations regarding Sanji's origin in chapter 840.

19. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

This saga is going to be so fucking emotional. Oda is already going at it with a heavy hand.

I hate the Germa(n) XD.

20. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    We get it. Sanji's family are dicks. We got it several chapters ago. Can we move on now to some plot?